Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn: Producer's Letter Details Alpha Purpose

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The latest edition of Letter from the Producer has been published on the Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn forum. In it, the reasons behind alpha testing are revealed as players get ready to dive into the latest iteration of the game.

The Restriction on Tester Numbers

As you already know, our primary objective for the Alpha Test is to conduct stress tests on the servers. For this reason, as yet there aren’t a lot of things for players to do in the game. Alpha versions of a game typically feature unrefined graphics, with many UI elements still provisional. There aren’t any scenarios or quests to undertake, and the focus is on engaging in battles in large groups.

Read the full letter on the Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn forum.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• DarkVagabondDarkVagabond Member UncommonPosts: 340

Square sure have become a lot more open regarding their intentions.

A franchise ruining flop can do that.

• TweFojuTweFoju Member UncommonPosts: 1,235

i think it's nice, although im not too sure if FF franchise will ever be as good as it's used to be anymore ( even if they made it right this time )

still think my experience in FFXI was truly unbeatable from any MMO

So What Now?

• KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286
    Originally posted by DarkVagabond

Square sure have become a lot more open regarding their intentions.

A franchise ruining flop can do that.

Hopefully they take it as a valuable lesson (which they very well might be given the recent openess). Often times you'll see giant development studios become the victim of their own hubris. They have a long line of excellent games and can do no wrong, until they have a massive flop.

I would really like to see the revamp/relaunch actually be successful, because I grew up playing Square RPGs. Everything I've seen makes me think the game will deserve a second look. I can only hope they don't screw it up again.

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452
    i was one of those rare people that actually liked the original..but i only play 2 hrs a day so levi quests and a bit of crafting and i was done..but it was extremely repetative in the end..looking forward to give  this a go..gonna sub for 3 months to give it a good try.
  • daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    After looking at gameplay I'm already interested, this time at least UI looks as it should since first release. For sure will try.