Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why I no longer support GM, and retracted my "backing" on Kickstarter.

BriganderBrigander Member Posts: 47

I reference much of this interview -

I will not post this on the Greed Monger forums because it will only end badly, but last night the "Lead Designer" Jason Appleton had an online streaming interview, and personally after what I heard on it I just shook my head, and retracted my kickstart.  It's clear to me now that while this game has a great concept, and talented team, it's led by an amateur who is unprofessional and using shortcuts to get ahead, and that is not a product and company I, and really anyone, should want to endorse or support.  I do not want to attack the game, but I do want to express my side of why I -- an original supporter -- am now moving on from Greed Monger to let others know of the concerns I have.

Firstly - Jason Appleton isn't a game designer, he doesn't have a degree in game design or coding.  He also has no prior game industry experience besides merely PLAYING games, which everyone has, but that doesn't make you capable of leading a team.  Yes, he may have experience in leadership and marketting, but it is not the same.  It is apples and oranges.  Last night in the interview (), but he claims to have a long hisotry of employment in fighting, real-estate, and even selling male enhancement pills?  Right.  Every investment is a risk, you gamble with your money and the product, but I am assured that ANYONE would feel more confident and assured if the "Lead Designer" had a background in game design and had a professional game industry background.  Jason Appleton doesn't, he is only an amateur gamer trying to construct a game from other's work, and purchased work.

When questioned about it on the show, Jason replies, "I think there's jealous involved...", and goes on to say that others don't want to see "little guys" succeed.  Really?  Who?  Who gains anything from that?  Minecraft was created by one man in Sweden and went on to be Game of the Year (PCG), I never saw anyone try to bring Minecraft down.  People voiced their concerns, and Jason masks it merely with a textbook excuse of "jealousy."  That's not factual at all.

Markee says it best here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=TDo3YtgjwUo#t=629s

Yeah... not into someone who hops careers and jobs that much, this is merely a phase for Jason Appleton.  

Secondly - What you see in the videos and screenshots isn't special.  That isn't the design from the design team, it's not hard work, and their original content.  Nearly EVERYTHING you visibly see there currently is purchased assets.  If you're not game-savvy, basically that means you can buy game content (Models, textures, rigged models, animations) for a price.  Anyone, or any company, can buy the same content.  The content Greed Monger is purchased goods from other artists and possible used in other games, maybe not all of it, but some of it most likely.  Greed Monger isn't in their own engine, it's a boughten one.  So the content and media you're seeing is [u]only purchased goods placed into a purchased engine.[/u]

You may ask now, "Well what do I care if it's purchased goods?"  Because what are you then funding the game for?  Do you want a game that's merely pasted together from other's prefabricated work and has no real originality?  There's no customization and unique level of design from the Greed Monger team, it's just a grouping of premade objects clumped together.  I am not liking that.  I want a game that is original not only in playstyle, but in content as well.

Thirdly -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=TDo3YtgjwUo#t=1083s

This is important.  The game is all about money and funding.  Everything is already "oversold."  It's much like Second-Life, it is not a game that you join and you begin construction in your own land.  It's just people with money buying giant plots of lands.  So if you're not financially strapped out-of-game this proably isn't the greatest game for you.  You have to buy in just to play, where as almost every other MMORPG you can merely walk in and start playing, but you can't do that here in Greed Monger.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=TDo3YtgjwUo#t=1163s

Jason even says they're oversold, and if you're joining late.. well, bad news!  "We're not adding more land."  Go play another game and wait in the mean time, thanks!  That's a horrible business scheme.

"When we launched, maybe not everyone will get a seat."  -- Jason Appleton on the release of the game.  

Lastly - It's not just me, you may say, "Hey, you're just one guy."  Okay, well their Kickstarter had a lot, last night it had 800+, and I look today and it's down to 600.  People caught on because of other's posting revealing the shortcuts this developer took, and the unprofessional actions of Jason Appleton.  That's what it boils down to - unprofessionalism.  You want a developer and team you can entrust.  Jason Appleton isn't that person, he has no public relations training, and he's aggressively hostile towards others.  

To quote the video, "I'm a Scorpio, you know.  I am seven feet tall, I am not used to just sitting idly by with somebody smacking me in the face.  Know what I mean?"  No, Jason, I don't.  I really don't.  I actually have no the slightest clue what that quote means at all.  Jason Appleton got upset over postings one person did (named Brash) on another game's forums.  He then joined that community's forum for the sole purpose of arguing and disputing against the user Brash starting a large public conflict, a conflict so large that many then read about the troubles/shortcuts Greed Monger used and removed their backing from Kickstart as well.

This is a huge problem.  Jason Appleton isn't a designer, he's not a CEO, he's not a Lead Designer even if that's what he titles himself as.  He's an amatuer.  He doesn't understand professionalism and manners.  He says himself he can't just "stand by," and that he must post and do something about it.  Well guess what?  Not everyone will love your game and community, many will dislike Greed Monger as many dislike WoW.  Do you ever see the Lead Designers of Blizzard joining forums when someone says they dislike World of Warcraft?  No, of course not, they have the understanding that every gamer's taste is different.  Jason Appleton can not differ his personal feelings and postings from his business persona.  

Even on his own Greed Monger forums when a member of the other game community registered on their forums, Jason said, "Go away" and "Your (game) friends are waiting for you there."  Just another example of how little professional Jason is, and how he can not properly handle himself in the public eye.  He did more harm than Brash did with his findings of the game.

So let me make this clear to you, Jason if you read this -- I am not removing my backing because of you used boughten content, or because you had multiple jobs.  I am leaving because you are not suited for this role and for this job.  This game likely will never succeed and go far because there's too many shady questions being raised that you frankly can't answer in a respectful and proper manner.  It's clear to me now you're only a gamer trying to make a game, but lack the knowledge, not the resources.

Here's my favorite quote from you though:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=TDo3YtgjwUo#t=1036s

"...This is kind of new to me, and this is one of those things you're learning as you go."  -- Jason Appleton, Lead Designer.  

Comments

• MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596

I guess the bigger question is why you felt the need to come here and explain yourself with this huge post.  No wait, that's not what you are doing, right?  You are trying to convince others to drop support for it because you did.

I've already had this argument with people like you who do not understand what it takes to make an MMO game if you are going to write *all* the code and make *all* the assets from scratch.  If you try to do that as an indy developer, you will end up with either the ugliest game in the world, or it will take you 10 years to make it all.  I have no problem with this team supplementing their project with middleware, which is quite common these days for indy developers.  I would prefer they spend most of their coding and creative time making interesting gameplay mechanics.  That's the part that really sucks in these games today.  THE GAMEPLAY.

I'm going to give you all a little advice when it comes to backing things on Kickstarter.  Like all investments, your micro-investment is a gamble.  There's a good chance the project will suck, or even outright fail.  It's up to you to look around and see if the information available about the project is good enough for you to put money into it.  (due diligence). If it's not, then don't back it.

There is another layer for some of us though.  I consider my contribution to be a donation to the project.  It's a show of good will and support for the idea, and it shows others out there that some of us are willing to pay for things that are outside the mainstream.  If you do not want to spend your money this way, then don't.  For me, $50 is no big deal, so I don't mind supporting an indy project, including one where the lead designer is a GAMER with the resources to hire artists and coders to make a game for GAMERS.

Whether or not GM will succeeed remains to be seen, but in my opinion the reasons you have chosen not to back them sound like fear of change more than anything else.  You say you want different games, but then you also seem to want to uphold the status quo when it comes to the people who are making those games, and how they do it.  When I think about all the people who "didn't know anything" about a project they started, and then went on to be a wild success, I realize why risk takers are rewarded in our society, while other just sit back and watch from a safe distance.

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

• BriganderBrigander Member Posts: 47

"I guess the bigger question is why you felt the need to come here and explain yourself with this huge post.  No wait, that's not what you are doing, right?  You are trying to convince others to drop support for it because you did."

No, I am voicing my opinions because firstly this is a message board where you discuss and share things.  Secondly though is because yes, I think others need to be aware of where you invest your money.  Before I saw this interview I felt a bit blind, I didn't really do my research as well as I should have to this game, and now that I have and seen Jason personally speak, I have stopped by support.

I never said anywhere, "Don't support these guys!  Remove your fundings!"  Did I?  No, I posted my reasons why I think this company and "Leader Designer" are suspicious and shady.  I am explaining it why I backed out because as I said above others may of not been as knowledgable as I have been, I know I wasn't a week ago.  All these things coming to light really brought the game and designers into a new light for me. 

If the game succeeds -- great!  Will play and check it out.  If it doesn't, that is a shame, and it's a shame.  In the end I don't really  have much sway, I will check it out if it comes out, but I don't think it's something I want to invest in and I do think others should also be concerned about their investments.  

The rest of your post is really just a lot of assumptions and twistings of my words that I will not even give the time to reply to such silly nonsense.   Sorry.   I gave my opinions and reasons with credits and sources to every quote and claim, I am not intending on harming the company's repuation, more just making other's aware.  

• MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596
    Originally posted by Brigander

"I guess the bigger question is why you felt the need to come here and explain yourself with this huge post.  No wait, that's not what you are doing, right?  You are trying to convince others to drop support for it because you did."

No, I am voicing my opinions because firstly this is a message board where you discuss and share things.  Secondly though is because yes, I think others need to be aware of where you invest your money.  Before I saw this interview I felt a bit blind, I didn't really do my research as well as I should have to this game, and now that I have and seen Jason personally speak, I have stopped by support.

I never said anywhere, "Don't support these guys!  Remove your fundings!"  Did I?  No, I posted my reasons why I think this company and "Leader Designer" are suspicious and shady.  I am explaining it why I backed out because as I said above others may of not been as knowledgable as I have been, I know I wasn't a week ago.  All these things coming to light really brought the game and designers into a new light for me. 

If the game succeeds -- great!  Will play and check it out.  If it doesn't, that is a shame, and it's a shame.  In the end I don't really  have much sway, I will check it out if it comes out, but I don't think it's something I want to invest in and I do think others should also be concerned about their investments.  

The rest of your post is really just a lot of assumptions and twistings of my words that I will not even give the time to reply to such silly nonsense.   Sorry.   My opinions are founded upon not only being a long timer MMORPG gamer, but also someone who in the actual (real) game industry.  Not my own.  

I support your decision to not back them.  This is a high risk project, IMO, but for some of us it's worth backing a good idea.  I'm backing a couple other games, including The Repopulation, and I'm doing this because I want to support good ideas.  I certainly understand that anything I back on Kickstarter may fail to deliver.

Still, your main reasons for not backing them are based on the leader's lack of experience.  Frankly, I don't want the same experience that is bringing us carbon-copy WoW games, so it's an acceptable risk for my tiny investment.  Your opinion on the matter is up to you.

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

• thecapitainethecapitaine Member UncommonPosts: 408

I reference much of this interview -

I will not post this on the Greed Monger forums because it will only end badly, but last night the "Lead Designer" Jason Appleton had an online streaming interview, and personally after what I heard on it I just shook my head, and retracted my kickstart.  It's clear to me now that while this game has a great concept, and talented team, it's led by an amateur who is unprofessional and using shortcuts to get ahead, and that is not a product and company I, and really anyone, should want to endorse or support.  I do not want to attack the game, but I do want to express my side of why I -- an original supporter -- am now moving on from Greed Monger to let others know of the concerns I have.

Actually, that's exactly what you said re: supporting this project.  It's impossible not to read your post as an attempt to dissuade others from donating to GM, particularly since you've posted it here, in the MMORPG forums, rather than in the GM forums where such feedback might actually be read by Appleton & Co.

I've no stake in the game's success or failure but I will admit that some of the rationale for not supporting GM seems a bit flimsy to me.  None of the game's general concepts are far-fetched, its scope and plans to sustain the game in the future don't seem off to me.  He has a team that will be doing the actual work of building the game.  How is this project in any substantive way different from anything another developer has attempted in the past?

I'm not trying to bash anyone or lend support for the game but I would think-- with all the clamoring for a return to sandbox play-- that a developer with the means to make a new title would be welcomed rather than scorned just because he comes off as a bit obnoxious.

"Still, your main reasons for not backing them are based on the leader's lack of experience.  Frankly, I don't want the same experience that is bringing us carbon-copy WoW games, so it's an acceptable risk for my tiny investment.  Your opinion on the matter is up to you."

No I agree 100%, I don't want another stereotypical Korean MMORPG with "Warriors" and basic longswords.  I agree fully.  The problem is.. where's Greed Monger's concept art?  It's non existing because they don't have their own concepts, they didn't make anything, they just bought other's goods and put it all together.  Yes, I can understand your point that it's more about the gameplay, sure, but there's going to be a distinct lack of creativity and uniqueness about the game.  It may be very fun, that may be, but it's going to just look like a typical game that resembles (from my view) Myst that old puzzle game.  

It's just a flimsy deal all around, and I didn't even have time to list EVERYTHING that was wrong from my perspective, but these are the highlights.  I failed to mention where he misled consumers and investors with 'fake" Facebook profiles "liking" the game.    It's actions like that that have me questioning how they run a business, how do I even know their funding number is real?  How do I know their content is real?  How do I know their progress is real?  If they can't even be honest with their own Facebook account is makes me question their other actions.  

But yes, overall a big part of me not funding and removing my kickstart is because of Appleton, I just don't feel it's reliable with him in charge there as a "Lead Designer," which is a fancy self-appointed title for organizer.  I just don't feel the confidence in him, and it shows.  

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

So...what is your qualification to evaluate one's performance in game designer position?

Let me answer that question with asking you do you need to be a director, writer, videographer, or studio worker to say a movie is bad?  Can you not have an opinion without having a suitable background in the subject?  Just because someone dislikes a movie, or a director's style, doesn't mean that person must be qualifided to have an opinion.  

That's all this is, an opinion of the events that unfolded.  I am qualified because I was an investor, and now I am not.  I don't need to be a CEO, or Lead Designer, to merely say I don't feel confident in this person because their actions have been glimsy and shady.  I am on qualifided to invest in what I see fit and responsible investments that are based upon my own crtieria, and just that.  I don't have all the answers, I don't know him personally, but I have on my research well enough to know when someone isn't suited for a job.  

• jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237
    Originally posted by Gdemami

So...what is your qualification to evaluate one's performance in game designer position?

He is as qualified to make an evaluation as anybody.

If an ex viagra salesman is asking the public for money to fund a game which he has no prior experience AT ALL doing, then he has every right to question his performance.

He is after all hitting up the public for funding. If it was a private funded venture then that would be a bit different IMO.

Let me answer that question with asking you do you need to be a director, writer, videographer, or studio worker to say a movie is bad?   

Since you use appeal to authority in you your argument, it assumes so.

Originally posted by jdnewellHe is as qualified to make an evaluation as anybody.

You seem to misunderstand meaning of term "qualification".

• DSWBeefDSWBeef Member UncommonPosts: 789

Im sorry but Unprofessionalism? The Electric Crow team has by far been one the best vocal and professional teams ive ever come across. The team has been vocal with almost all complaints that its received and has asked for the community input on ideas jsut because they i dont know WANT OUR OPINION?!?!?! And just because hes not a designer doesnt me he cant make a game. Would you call the lead story writer not a dev? 

Jason has already said NUMEROUS times thats hes at the point to where hes successful enough to start his dream which is create a mmo like UO. hes an INDIE dev which means he still has a job and does this in his free time. Also the team has stated NUMEROUS times they dont want a huge game population, Jason said that he doesnt want millions of players.

Lastly, you are judging the game from PRE PRE alpha footage? Thats like me judging a car with only its suspension on the assembly line. We know next to nothing on what the final game will be like because it can all CHANGE. If you are soo smart when it comes to mmo buisness then you go and create a studio and make an mmo, cause its a lot of hard work. 

Playing: FFXIV, DnL, and World of Warships
    Waiting on: Ashes of Creation

Sorry, but there's a things in your posts that don't make sense.

"The Electric Crow team"?  The Electric Crow isn't a studio name or company (as far as I know), ElectricCrow is Jason Appleton, he's a person.  I don't speak negatively in regards to the whole team's attitude or their level of professional, I only can go by what I see.  If you watch that interview on YouTube I don't think much of that interview shows any real respectable level of professionalism, but that is my opinion.  You may disagree, and that is fine with me.

I am not saying because he's not a game designer that he can't make a game, but I can say as a non-game designer he doesn't know the right way to go about making one, because thus far he's actually done a lot of shortcuts and flimsy shortcuts that made the game look bad.  This isn't just me, according to Greed Monger themselves they lost THOUSANDS of "backers" on Kickstarter, not just me.  

Being "vocal" is not always a good thing, DSWBeef.  It often can do more harm than good, and in this case lately with the rising "drama" that Appleton has excelled it only did harm to his future game than good.  You may argue all you want with me, but in the end of the days numbers and statistics don't lie.  Explain to me if I'm so wrong, why thousands also ended their funding/kickstart to the project?  Don't go all conspiracy-theory Mel Gibson on me now though.  

Sorry, but there's a things in your posts that don't make sense.

"The Electric Crow team"?  The Electric Crow isn't a studio name or company (as far as I know), ElectricCrow is Jason Appleton, he's a person.  I don't speak negatively in regards to the whole team's attitude or their level of professional, I only can go by what I see.  If you watch that interview on YouTube I don't think much of that interview shows any real respectable level of professionalism, but that is my opinion.  You may disagree, and that is fine with me.

I am not saying because he's not a game designer that he can't make a game, but I can say as a non-game designer he doesn't know the right way to go about making one, because thus far he's actually done a lot of shortcuts and flimsy shortcuts that made the game look bad.  This isn't just me, according to Greed Monger themselves they lost THOUSANDS of "backers" on Kickstarter, not just me.  

Being "vocal" is not always a good thing, DSWBeef.  It often can do more harm than good, and in this case lately with the rising "drama" that Appleton has excelled it only did harm to his future game than good.  You may argue all you want with me, but in the end of the days numbers and statistics don't lie.  Explain to me if I'm so wrong, why thousands also ended their funding/kickstart to the project?  Don't go all conspiracy-theory Mel Gibson on me now though.  

Electric Crow is the company. The lead mod Derium asked jason and he told us that Electric Crow is essentially there unofficial title. Im not worried at all with there numbers. They JUST NOW passed 100k in pledges with combined paypal and KS pledges, so I have nothing to worry about. Plus your level of "professional" is different then mine. I believe he is professional for addressing peoples issues and actually doing it with heart then saying "I understand we will look into it" Id rather take a dev who stands up to people then one who does stuff behind our backs and has no back bone. YOu see they are not worried in throwing off a couple people, Jason has already said "not everyone will like us or the game and we are fine with that, we are building the game for people like us because that is our passion". They are building a game for people to PLAY and enjoy not to make money, something modern devs has lost (passion).

YOu have your own opinion but NUMBERS do speak louder then words and the number of 100k+ in pledges is more then enough to outlast some back outs.

• fatboy21007fatboy21007 Member Posts: 409
    the real devs are the ones being professional. If jason hopes to succeed he best never speak again. on that interview he tossed out he had paid a server to do fake likes on facebook, ( to make people think he was popular when he wasnt)  Then said *who cares* about it. Im sorry based  on how i seen him in the interview and on fourms, ill never givem a penny of my money. as he is a fraud  and that facebook comment he did proves as much. His devs however i like them and feel bad they are being draged down withem for his incompetence. The only way this project succeeds is if the devs pull it off, as he not providing anything then a prepackage gamed that has been already made. Ive yet to see something hes made. I dont like it when some1 takes the credit of others work and then defend its his top notch  stuff. Anyhow i wont back this, that game needs a professional/aduilt runing things, not a little kid that throw tantrums everytime someone speaks there peace. This is the internet jason, wake up, this worlds different, we can crush you and destroy you and there is nothing you can do as rules are different in the gaming world. Also the net is all trolls. or *fourm warriors* as ya put it, Neighter learnt o change and adapt or get the hell away from us, as this will only get worse if you fail to provide all that you said.

That was one issue I had too, he admits to a mistake and using a rather sneaky and money to get free "Likes" on facebook, when contronted about the issue, he says, "Yeah, I did that, I bought people on it... who cares?'

Just that type of response irks me, I shake my head and go, "What?  How can any Lead Designer say that?"  Who cares?  Who cares that you blatantly lied to the public, and falsey advertised?  I don't think sometimes he grasps the mistakes he makes, and when he does, he doesn't apologize for the shortcuts he takes, he only layers them with excuses to nullify the really matter at hand which is that he is just a slick business guy trying to cut corners.  

I think the Greed Monger game has potential, I am sure the developers on it are professional-- and I know this because they aren't vocal.  They're like the great Oz behind the curtains, and that's how developing should be.  Personally I don't want someone like Appleton who admits to being aggressive and having a fighter personality because he's a "Scorpio."  I want someone professional, polite, and level-headed, and that's the opposite of what's leading this team.  

That was one issue I had too, he admits to a mistake and using a rather sneaky and money to get free "Likes" on facebook, when contronted about the issue, he says, "Yeah, I did that, I bought people on it... who cares?'

Just that type of response irks me, I shake my head and go, "What?  How can any Lead Designer say that?"  Who cares?  Who cares that you blatantly lied to the public, and falsey advertised?  I don't think sometimes he grasps the mistakes he makes, and when he does, he doesn't apologize for the shortcuts he takes, he only layers them with excuses to nullify the really matter at hand which is that he is just a slick business guy trying to cut corners.  

I think the Greed Monger game has potential, I am sure the developers on it are professional-- and I know this because they aren't vocal.  They're like the great Oz behind the curtains, and that's how developing should be.  Personally I don't want someone like Appleton who admits to being aggressive and having a fighter personality because he's a "Scorpio."  I want someone professional, polite, and level-headed, and that's the opposite of what's leading this team.  

Many devs lie to the public and never admit. Ohlen for SWTOR said that they didnt like 10+ people beating on one monster and wouldnt use it. And behold thats what ops are. If I could count how many times devs lied to use i would need 10+ arms. He acknowledged his mistake which is more then MANY devs especially mmo devs do. I do agree he could have handled it better but its better then being confronted with it and doing nothing about it.

I guess thats your opinion I want someone agressive to leade this game. Hes fighting for his dream and I think thats why hes responded so agressively so far. People are attacking his dream. Its the same if you told a world class chef his food sucks, he would scream and throw the plate of food back at you. Im certain in your job if someone said you are terrible and shouldnt be here you would be angry.

• xmentyxmenty Member UncommonPosts: 718
    Originally posted by DSWBeef

Many devs lie to the public and never admit. Ohlen for SWTOR said that they didnt like 10+ people beating on one monster and wouldnt use it. And behold thats what ops are. If I could count how many times devs lied to use i would need 10+ arms. He acknowledged his mistake which is more then MANY devs especially mmo devs do. I do agree he could have handled it better but its better then being confronted with it and doing nothing about it.

I guess thats your opinion I want someone agressive to leade this game. Hes fighting for his dream and I think thats why hes responded so agressively so far. People are attacking his dream. Its the same if you told a world class chef his food sucks, he would scream and throw the plate of food back at you. Im certain in your job if someone said you are terrible and shouldnt be here you would be angry.

I believe that the colour black is still black no matter how you want to worded it.

Wrong is still wrong and there is no excused for it.

He is in an entertainment business if he cannot take the heat, get out of the kitchen.

Pardon my English as it is not my 1st language :)

I can say as a non-game designer he doesn't know the right way to go about making one 

That is like saying: I am no engineer nor have any experience in architecture or any related proficiency, but I can tell that bridge is gonna fall.

Whoops, I apologize I must of wrote that one quickly.  I meant that as in reference to Jason Appleton, that he as a non-professional desinger doesn't know the right way.  He admits it himself that he's an amateur and that he is "new to all of this."  He has no real experience or background in it -- and I am not saying that makes him unqualifided.  He could of been, but his actions have shown he doesn't know how to do it professionally.  

I think people maybe misunderstood, I am not basing that he can't run the game because he has no background.  Yes, he has no game industry background, but easily someone could lead a game and make a good one if he had no background and was new.  But Jason Appleton doesn't fit that.  He is doing things poorly and sloppily with shortcuts and bad hostile aggressive postings to other game communities and his public relation on interviews is obviously amateurish.  

Whoops, I apologize I must of wrote that one quickly.

It is still fitting though and spot on.

If you lack qualification yourself, you are not qualified to point fingers...

Great, well thanks, but sadly for you I am allowed to have an opinion and post it, and I did just that.  :)

An opinion is an opinion, someone from a game company may love him, and another may dislike him.  That is life, people have different opinions, but I want other kickstarter investors to see what I have, and make their own choice to continue to invest or not.  

Great, well thanks, but sadly for you I am allowed to have an opinion and post it, and I did just that.  :)

Allowed and qualified are 2 different things.

Your disagreement and opinions do not make things true.

Everything I posted has truth to it, I even use quotes and show videos of the quotes, there's nothing not factual about my posts. Sorry, you seem very bitter and upset that someone actually showed some truth with proof to these claims, but that is just the truth.  Try to remember, it's just a forum!  
  • ScivaSciva Member UncommonPosts: 298
    Those guys in their bedrooms 20+ years ago making games for the zxspectrum and such would like to have a word with you.

Everything I posted has truth to it, I even use quotes and show videos of the quotes, there's nothing not factual about my posts.

So again in case you missed it:

Originally posted by Gdemami

Your disagreement and opinions do not make things true.

You might prove his unprofessional behavior but you have no means to evaluate his work as executive produce or lead designer. After all, he is an executive producer and lead designer while you are...a forum poster..

This discussion has been closed.