Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tasos said he dont want people bothered by crafting

DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333

people need to get fast back to action, no CAP on crafting, crafting is a second thought.

he despites crafting in a MMORPG

Darkfall is NOT a sandbox game.

[mod edit]

EDIT: Warning this posts is more exaggerated that you can possible handle, take 2 breaths before posting. 

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
$OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
-We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

Comments

• PsychoPigeonPsychoPigeon Member UncommonPosts: 565
    crafting sucks
  • YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593
    Crafting is not neccessary for a sandbox. You can have player created content without creating items.
  • JupstoJupsto Member UncommonPosts: 2,075
    OP is a flamebait misinterpretation of what he said.

My blog: image

• DrefarionDrefarion Member Posts: 1

[mod edit]

he said that crafting is a huge time commitment as it is, and thus they don't want to limit the crafters with artificial barriers

if anything that's a +1 to crafting and far from what you make it out to be

if anything it's the exact opposite - tasos said that he's personally not a crafter, and thus wouldn't have time crafting because there's so much else to do in DF:UW than craft

so crafting is very much a viable profession and not just an afterthought

• neonakaneonaka Member UncommonPosts: 779
    Originally posted by Consensus
    OP is a flamebait misinterpretation of what he said.

Correct, he didn't say he dispised crafting or anything, just that in the grand scheme of things it wasn't the most important. It was just an option not a focal point.

• GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    Originally posted by Drefarion

you're retarded, that's not what he said

he said that crafting is a huge time commitment as it is, and thus they don't want to limit the crafters with artificial barriers

This^^^  Please don't be dumb op..  He said that when he plays a game he doesn't craft. He is an action gamer.  He said you can do all crafting with one toon.  Sounds sandboxy to me.

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333
    Originally posted by Yamota
    Crafting is not neccessary for a sandbox. You can have player created content without creating items.

Creating your own items is the corner stone of player created content.  Creating you own RP story  and player driven missions other. But DF:UW and Tasos despites also RP and whats left is sieges and thats all about DF:UW being a sandbox.

very shallow and very poor wich gets more poor and shallow with DF:UW.

-We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435

Some former supporters of DF have really done a 180 and have become some of it's harshest (and sometimes not the fairest) critics as the game didn't evolve the way they had envisioned.

Lots of accusations fly these days from former supporters that the new title isn't a sandbox style MMO, but as most of us realize, that's determined less by the actual mechanics a title choses to employ, and is more based on how free the player is to pursue their own goals and play the game their own way without strong encouragement from the game design itself.

Yeah, DF:UW may not have the same deep set of tools that a title such as EVE does, but perhaps with time it will continue to build on what is offered.

Crafting is a good thing, and in some games quite important, but not necessary for every game out there, even sandbox style MMO's.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• LahuzerLahuzer Member UncommonPosts: 782
    Can you see the interview anywhere?
  • DragulaZDragulaZ Member UncommonPosts: 11
    Not sure what you mean regarding RP.  In my opinion Darkfall has one of the best platforms for RP of any game out there.  You are totally free to be/do whatever you want.  Sandbox can mean a lot of different things and no single game can offer it all.  In my opinion, the most overlooked an unemphasized part of Darkfall is the one thing that completely sets it apart from almost every other game.  That is the rich, complex, and ever changing political environment that the game promotes.  To me, that is sandbox.
    Originally posted by GwapoJosh
    Originally posted by Drefarion

*EDIT* that's not what he said

This^^^ [mod edit]  He said that when he plays a game he doesn't craft. He is an action gamer.  He said you can do all crafting with one toon.  Sounds sandboxy to me.

I admit, the OP is exaggerated ,  but  please think two steps ahead for a moment.

Tasos would say everythink to make it sound like its a good thing. But we have had the experience with everyone can craft everything and our demand for cap on crafting is based on that experience. 

1) Divesification issues. Like with combat being all the same we have the same issue on crafting. But hey "crafting is not important "

2) Economy issues. Less interpresonal trade and more  crafting on my own.

3) Crafter/trader has not explicit role in the DF:UW world, no one can excell in it (because there is no exclusivity in what he does if everyone can do it). One less playstyle, less of the sand in the box.

4)there is not  the lack of a cap alone, add mob drop item loot, shallow gathering and crafting mechanics, raw materials with no diversifying attributes, DF:UW has no love in gebneral for the crafter play style.

What i know is crafter type of players show the most longterm commitment to a game and they usually love the game they play the most (Combat games are everywhere and very fast to replace). way to allienate that playstyle.

On the live chat btw there was a huge demand for answer on crafting caps, regional ressources and regional banks. I am not alone in this.  

• FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398
    You lose stuff fast in the game, so making crafting into a specialized limited chore, that'd take away tremendously from the readiness for PVP and willingness to do PVP.
    http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.
    Originally posted by Kyleran

Some former supporters of DF have really done a 180 and have become some of it's harshest (and sometimes not the fairest) critics as the game didn't evolve the way they had envisioned.

Lots of accusations fly these days from former supporters that the new title isn't a sandbox style MMO, but as most of us realize, that's determined less by the actual mechanics a title choses to employ, and is more based on how free the player is to pursue their own goals and play the game their own way without strong encouragement from the game design itself.

Yeah, DF:UW may not have the same deep set of tools that a title such as EVE does, but perhaps with time it will continue to build on what is offered.

Crafting is a good thing, and in some games quite important, but not necessary for every game out there, even sandbox style MMO's.

AV did cheat on the original playerbase. They always say how much they do this and that and sandbox etc. and never any word that they changed their initial ideas. 

Whnever it fits him Tasos says its a new game and whenever it fits him he says but its exactly the contiuatuion of  the original vision. 

In the original vision he was talking about a masterpice of hellish "item creator".

"Darkfall's crafting system is intuitive, non-repetitive, challenging, useful, fun - and profitable. Using Darkfall's virtually limitless item creator system, you could invent and be the first to use a weapon as awesome as the Flamefury Raudstaal Battleaxe of Bloodshed, or just make a simple saddle for your horse."

They got 3 years of my sub money to give them time to create that wonderfull thing for me and to just now see Tasos answer about crafting cap that way he did it ? Of course i am upset..

But fear not , the next thing you wait for and are on the list is ..Primalist , which is nr 1 priotity...mounted combat school, auction houses..................;)

Originally posted by Fusion
    You lose stuff fast in the game, so making crafting into a specialized limited chore, that'd take away tremendously from the readiness for PVP and willingness to do PVP.

All i hear is readiness and willingness  for PvP.

Yup, sandbox ...right..

Why dont get all the equipment for free on vendor that  is every 100m then ?  0 downtime and max PvP time.

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912
    Locking this as it's admittedly over-exaggerated, which is essentially just inflammatory. The actual interview video will be up.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.