Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My WoW fixes

Kamandi777Kamandi777 Member UncommonPosts: 223

1.  Different servers-I would make a level 60 and a level 70 server.

2.  Houses.

3.  Strongholds-

4.  Make PvP and PvE server mean something

5.  Remove dungeon and raid finders

6.  Make crafting mean something i.e. crafted gear sets from low to high level, better than raid drops or honor gear

7.  Remove heirlooms

8.  End guild levels and achievements

9.  Make players travel to all the now dead worlds

10.  Remove DKs 

11.  Return twinking

12.  Add solo arenas

13.  Remove intro quests for new races

14.  Unlimited professions per character

Comments

• DonY81DonY81 Member UncommonPosts: 398
    Originally posted by Kamandi777

2.  Houses.

3.  Strongholds-

6.  Make crafting mean something i.e. crafted gear sets from low to high level, better than raid drops or honor gear

7.  Remove heirlooms

10.  Remove DKs 

11.  Return twinking

12.  Add solo arenas

like it

• XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,847

Translation - to fix WoW I would turn it into something that isnt WoW because I dont like WoW.

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218

MY fixes

- Remove flying mounts

- Best endgame raid gear on par with crafted, but mats are hard to find, rare drops, solo dungeon runs etc

- Bring back explorerable 5mans like BRD, parts of which can be done solo for a skilled player

- Remove raid finder

- Players drop items when killed in open world(PvP), elf ears, troll tusks etc that can be sold to NPC vendors for PvP loot

• daimendaimen Member Posts: 5

How to Drop Down World of warcraft in less then 1 Week.

is Very simple.

Create a Game The skills Proffs etc From Ultima-online , with the Graphic off wow.

and wow will be down in less then one Week.

how do I know ,

well Wow is Limited , and UO not.

Example :

on uo you Craft Alot off items and color them self , Real Tame mounts rideable train it , skills it up  and etc.

and on wow Click drag drop hunters , and they are not sell buy or Train able. to let them fight or whatever you want.

-Wow have lvl's and uo not.

-You make your Self Strong by Farm  Craft buy items. on wow its Free.

-Dam...wow what have you done.-

People that know Ultima-online know this is true what I post here above.

drop wow in less then 1 weeks. By Create this idea.

• Vunak23Vunak23 Member UncommonPosts: 633

2.  Houses.

3.  Strongholds-

7.  Remove heirlooms

10.  Remove DKs 

11.  Return twinking

12.  Add solo arenas

Well I started highlighting the list above to show which ones I would have enjoyed enough to actually cause me to play WoW for more than a few weeks, but then I realized that I was highlighting the entire list (Except 14, that doesn't bother me).

The housing and strongholds would have definately caused me to give it a second look thats for sure. I'm a sucker for sandbox features like that. One of the main reasons I am playing Storm Legion right now.

But good list bud, I completely agree. This would make WoW an all around better game.  

"In the immediate future, we have this one, and then we’ve got another one that is actually going to be – so we’re going to have, what we want to do, is in January, what we’re targeting to do, this may or may not happen, so you can’t hold me to it. But what we’re targeting to do, is have a fun anniversary to the Ilum shenanigans that happened. An alien race might invade, and they might crash into Ilum and there might be some new activities that happen on the planet." ~Gabe Amatangelo

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784

I like the idea of level capped servers, such as lvl 60, 70, etc. Limit the servers to 1 toon per account on each of those servers and use the game/talents. dungeons, raids, ets at whatever it was at before the pre-expansion nerfs that take place before each expansion. Including the leveling time.

From a subscription standpoint, I could see people who wanted this to sub for months just to get to cap on the original lvl 60 valilla WoW server. Then level a separate toon for just as long on the BC server. GENIUS!!

• TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321

-expand dailies (I like them)

-even more content that isn't focused on raids (add raids too, but shouldnt be the only thing to do)

-hopefully restore PvP to what it once was

-add housing (rift did it)

-more lore :D

-keep up the content patches every 2-3 months, and I'm sold on keeping subbed. Didn't like the old way of waiting for half a year to get a big patch...prefer smaller and more frequent

-more pvp

-expand crafting even more

-copy guild wars 2 world vs world...but instead of lame server vs server, do it correctly and make it race vs race (alliance vs horde)

-more dynamic events...and events in general

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• ShadoedShadoed Member UncommonPosts: 1,459

Do you mean based on the version of the game at those levels or based on the current expansions?

2.  Houses.

I have never seen the value of this to be fair, it is a 'nice to have' feature, but i don't see it as a game breaker

3.  Strongholds-

I like the idea of this but in the guise of guild halls, a meeting/planning area for your own guild

In what respect?

No-one is forced to use these, they are what they are, you are free to sort your own groups and travel if you wish

I think if you mix that with a deeper crafting skill and make mats mean something, i like the idea

7.  Remove heirlooms

Again, they are what they are, you have a choice as to whether you use them or not so i don't see them as an issue.

I am personally an achievement fan and although i think guild levels should have been harder to achieve i don't see they are an issue within the game

Do you really want to be walking or riding half way around the world to complete a single task and then all the way back again? If you really want to do that then you can, just don't use the flight points, portals or flying mounts, if you are using them when you have a choice then you don't really want them gone do you?

10.  Remove DKs 

Not really bothered either way on that one.

11.  Return twinking

It is still there in a limited capacity, but as i was never really a fan it is hard for me to comment

12.  Add solo arenas

Do you mean 1v1 PvP or PvE content, if PvE it is there and 1v1 PvP can be done anywhere?

Why?

I think that sort of contradicts your earlier change, i think keeping the current limits and adding more depth to the crafting systems would be far better.

I don't think a lot of people will agree on all points as games become a personal thing and we all like/loath different things about them but what i do worry about is when people call for features to be removed that they personally don't like but have the option not to use them if they so wish.

It must be Thursday, i never could get the hang of Thursdays.

• Goll25Goll25 Member UncommonPosts: 187
    I'm cool with all but the removal of DKs. I don't even play one right now, but they have some really fun mechanics, and lorewise are just complete badasses. Also they have been balanced for a long time now so they are a great addition to WoW.
  • MurlockDanceMurlockDance Member Posts: 1,223

Originally posted by DonY81

Though I wouldn't play on these, I think it is good to have many options for players. So I like this idea.

2.  Houses.

I like this idea, as long as they did not put crafting stations in them. I do think people need to be in the big cities in order to socialize.

3.  Strongholds-

Either housing or strongholds yeah.

Don't have an opinion on this as I am not sure what the issue is here.

I don't raid so can't comment on the raid finder. I think the dungeon finder should be expanded so that people can choose to group up only with server-side people and also to reinclude the possiblity of doing non-dungeon/non-raid quests like in the first iteration of this tool. It was much easier back in the day to make groups server-wide for zone quests before the df tool came out. Now it is impossible if the two people need to do the same quest but are in different non-city zones.

Absolutely, emphatically agree with underlined!!! Crafted gear should be a fully fledged alternate way to get gear from level 1 to 90. As it is now, there is very little I ever want to use that is crafted while leveling up. Not necessarily better than raid gear though, but certainly at least as good even if hard to make. Also resources should be server-only since places that are cross-zoned can be farmed too quickly now.

7.  Remove heirlooms

I don't have an opinion about this. Since I don't use them, I am not really concious how they affect gameplay.

I like these. I hope they stay in! Guild levels give something for a guild to work towards and achievements can be fun to get. I don't really see the problem with these things.

Er, not sure I follow? What dead worlds?

10.  Remove DKs 

Nah, they are alright. They used to be much worse, but I think they are more on par with the other classes these days.

11.  Return twinking

No. Twinking ruined low-level PvP for me. I do not see how you can condone twinking and be against heirlooms. Level 19 twinks could put on enchants that made their equipment only slightly worse than level 60 gear in Vanilla. This is far worse than anything an heirloom does.

12.  Add solo arenas

No opinion on that.

Huh? Why? All races, new or old have intro quests. What is wrong with them?

No, heartily disagree. The way the professions are set up, you are supposed to be involved with other players who have different professions than you, hence the inter-dependencies.

Originally posted by expresso

MY fixes

- Remove flying mounts

Agree.

- Best endgame raid gear on par with crafted, but mats are hard to find, rare drops, solo dungeon runs etc

Agree.

- Bring back explorerable 5mans like BRD, parts of which can be done solo for a skilled player

Agree. It would be nice to have some solo dungeons, even if the gear in them is not on par with the 5 man dungeons, just something fun to explore.

- Remove raid finder

I really don't have an opinion on that since I don't raid. What is the issue at stake?

- Players drop items when killed in open world(PvP), elf ears, troll tusks etc that can be sold to NPC vendors for PvP loot

I can see where that would be fun, so why not?

I would add:

-To AH, a way for crafters to advertize their skills so that people can commission things from them. That could replace having to spam in /trade. People could do this on the SWG bazaar so why not on the AH in WoW?

-More meaningful crafting and archaeology. I think archaeology should be revamped to bring in more lore for those players who enjoy that sort of stuff (like me). I really think that crafting should be less linear and more expansive to include items at every level that are useful for classes that wear those items, for example, leather armor at skill level 200 should have items available for agil/sta, int/sta, and perhaps with additional stats such as +dodge or +crit for example. The way it is now, it doesn't make sense.

-Level 1 to 300 skill points in any tradeskill in my opinion should be made easier. They have made leveling from 1 to 60 trivial, but they have not kept crafting up-to-date. I think that it would be a nice boost to make the first 300 skill points a little easier to acquire than they are now, especially since the cross-realm zones are making it harder to find materials in those same zones.

-If they do add housing, I hope they would put in player vendors! It is much more customizable and fun than the current impersonal AH.

Playing MUDs and MMOs since 1994.

• MurlockDanceMurlockDance Member Posts: 1,223
    Originally posted by Shadoed

Do you mean based on the version of the game at those levels or based on the current expansions?

2.  Houses.

I have never seen the value of this to be fair, it is a 'nice to have' feature, but i don't see it as a game breaker

3.  Strongholds-

I like the idea of this but in the guise of guild halls, a meeting/planning area for your own guild

In what respect?

No-one is forced to use these, they are what they are, you are free to sort your own groups and travel if you wish

I think if you mix that with a deeper crafting skill and make mats mean something, i like the idea

7.  Remove heirlooms

Again, they are what they are, you have a choice as to whether you use them or not so i don't see them as an issue.

I am personally an achievement fan and although i think guild levels should have been harder to achieve i don't see they are an issue within the game

Do you really want to be walking or riding half way around the world to complete a single task and then all the way back again? If you really want to do that then you can, just don't use the flight points, portals or flying mounts, if you are using them when you have a choice then you don't really want them gone do you?

10.  Remove DKs 

Not really bothered either way on that one.

11.  Return twinking

It is still there in a limited capacity, but as i was never really a fan it is hard for me to comment

12.  Add solo arenas

Do you mean 1v1 PvP or PvE content, if PvE it is there and 1v1 PvP can be done anywhere?

Why?

I think that sort of contradicts your earlier change, i think keeping the current limits and adding more depth to the crafting systems would be far better.

I don't think a lot of people will agree on all points as games become a personal thing and we all like/loath different things about them but what i do worry about is when people call for features to be removed that they personally don't like but have the option not to use them if they so wish.

Great reply, and I agree with everything you said.

I also did not like the addition of an old thing that was far less balanced than one of the more recent things he wants to have removed (swapping the heirlooms for the old fashioned twinked items which were a game ruiner for low level PvP in my opinion).

Playing MUDs and MMOs since 1994.

• fat_taddlerfat_taddler Member Posts: 286
    Originally posted by expresso

MY fixes

- Remove flying mounts

- Remove raid finder

I really like this idea.

• outfctrloutfctrl Member UncommonPosts: 3,619

What I would really woul like to see is an AI bot that you can practice PvP with.

Say you are a Hunter and you want to practice PvP with a Mage.  Go into an instance and practice.

Pick your level you want to fight against and select diferent modes:

Easy

Normal

Hardcore

That would be fun and educational