Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mortal Online Goes F2P

deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/threads/mortal-online-now-free-to-play.81049/

It is time for Mortal Online to open its gates for to players worldwide.

MORTAL ONLINE IS NOW GOING FREE TO PLAY!

Our new subscription model is a perfect fit for Mortal Online. This means Mortal Online will be free to play forever, without sacrificing the quality of gameplay that makes Mortal Online great. New accounts will have access to the entire game. FTP accounts may upgrade to a Premium Account for a monthly fee and earn exclusive and powerful benefits!

Premium Account Benefits (monthly subscriptions):

• Maximum 1100 skill points and the maximum for all skills is 100
  • Premium accounts may use thievery skills
  • Premium accounts may loot expensive objects
  • Premium accounts may trade expensive objects

Free to Play accounts will have a skill restriction of 60 (from a possible 100). Subscribing will unlock all the features of the Premium Account. Free to Play accounts will be able to experience all of the basic gameplay and basic features found in Mortal Online.

Accounts that switch from Premium account to Free to Play will have their character skills max potential locked at 60. Should Free to Play accounts re-activate a subscription, their skill cap will raise again to 100 and previously earned skill points restored.

Both Free to Play accounts and Premium accounts start Mortal Online with 1 character slot. Additional character slots may be purchased for a maximum of 4 slots. Current existing subscribers will grandfather in 3x character slots and will have the ability to purchase the 4th character slot. Grandfathered character slots will remain to the player, even if switching to the Free to Play model.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=UCmjv-0gMK0

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

Comments

• w4ffl3w4ffl3 Member Posts: 36

Well, if anything can help Mortal Online slowly make its way to profitability, it's this (even this probably won't be nearly enough, given just how few players there are).  At the same time, lol wait for the community to become completely terrible with only griefers and PKers.  Hell, maybe I'll have to get in on the griefing action...  I love tears

People will get a chance to try this out right before DF2 comes out and then everyone leaves

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by deathshroud
    http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/threads/mortal-online-now-free-to-play.81049/ It is time for Mortal Online to open its gates for to players worldwide.MORTAL ONLINE IS NOW GOING FREE TO PLAY!Our new subscription model is a perfect fit for Mortal Online. This means Mortal Online will be free to play forever, without sacrificing the quality of gameplay that makes Mortal Online great. New accounts will have access to the entire game. FTP accounts may upgrade to a Premium Account for a monthly fee and earn exclusive and powerful benefits!Premium Account Benefits (monthly subscriptions): Maximum 1100 skill points and the maximum for all skills is 100 Premium accounts may use thievery skills Premium accounts may loot expensive objects Premium accounts may trade expensive objectsFree to Play accounts will have a skill restriction of 60 (from a possible 100). Subscribing will unlock all the features of the Premium Account. Free to Play accounts will be able to experience all of the basic gameplay and basic features found in Mortal Online.Accounts that switch from Premium account to Free to Play will have their character skills max potential locked at 60. Should Free to Play accounts re-activate a subscription, their skill cap will raise again to 100 and previously earned skill points restored.Both Free to Play accounts and Premium accounts start Mortal Online with 1 character slot. Additional character slots may be purchased for a maximum of 4 slots. Current existing subscribers will grandfather in 3x character slots and will have the ability to purchase the 4th character slot. Grandfathered character slots will remain to the player, even if switching to the Free to Play model.

When?

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• WolfenprideWolfenpride Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,988

Is the PvE worth checking out? Last I tried this game in beta they hadn't implemented monsters yet..

I know the game is FFA PvP, but i'm just wondering if theres worthwhile content for PvE players?

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366
    added the trailer, imo its not gonig to be enough to save the game but those that wanna try it now is the time i guess.

• wyldmagikwyldmagik Member UncommonPosts: 516

speaking from experience...

anyone considering f2p for long term with no sub I would think again, being limited to 60 in skills will stop one from crafting anything competitive AT ALL ( believe me on that one pls lol ) unless you dont want to pvp in any way or protect yourself.

I cant see what benefits f2p with limited 60 skill points in skills is of any use here? someone enlighten me of the pro's for this f2p.. you cant even buy the advanced books for use if i recall?

• IXBEARIXBEAR Member Posts: 27
    Originally posted by Wolfenpride

Is the PvE worth checking out? Last I tried this game in beta they hadn't implemented monsters yet..

I know the game is FFA PvP, but i'm just wondering if theres worthwhile content for PvE players?

They added some nice dungeons/adventure's is it fun Yes is it on par whit most mmorpg's content wise? NO

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005

It won't save them.

Btw.  I see some kind of permanent huge trial + selling more character slots for money. 

Out of curiosity do they slap standard cash shop selling in-game items / buffs / gold  also ?

• JupstoJupsto Member UncommonPosts: 2,075

I was kind of shocked by this. then I read the limitations and realised it works the same as the already exisiting free trial but with no time limit.

anyway i feel sorry for SV but they never properly fixed the laggy combat and engine. the game really doesn't deserve success, it had so much potential but its still unplayable after 2 years.

My blog: image

• aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387

I don't get why Henrik is still holding on to straws... isn't it clear by now that MO is not going to breakeven?

Even with f2p I doubt it is going to stop the bleeding... there is simply nothing to offer in terms of content and massive amount of bugs.

Even f2p games like APB they are still constantly pushing out contents and bug fixes, that's why they are still surviving even though not popular. 

• FugglyFuggly Member Posts: 141
    .....................I'm sorry, I thought it said "....Quality of Game play........."

• ShyaticShyatic Member Posts: 41

They are so screwed.

I wouldn't play this game unless they paid me.

• ForumPvPForumPvP Member Posts: 871

Multiboxing with 10 characters and its like 600 skill cap.

And do players get some kind of honor or ranks if he kills own characters ?

Let's internet

• RawizRawiz Member UncommonPosts: 584

Perhaps they should've done this maneuver like 2-3 years ago? It's too late now. Also amusing how they just had a donation campaign from their (truly) loyal subs, now they're using that money to get F2P set up, or so it seems.

Well, if you donate to a dumb cause, you're no better yourself.

• GreenishBlueGreenishBlue Member Posts: 263
    lol

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619

If you think this game had a bunch of hackers and gankers in it before, just wait until after F2P...

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730
    Originally posted by Shyatic

They are so screwed.

I've no idea how well the F2P model will do, but I disagree - despite its imperfections, I've enjoyed this game more than any other MMO to come out in the last several years.  It actually offers the type of sandbox playstyle I'm looking for.  Again, it's not perfect, but it's improved a lot since launch, and isn't a run-of-the-mill clone.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,947
    Originally posted by Talonsin

If you think this game had a bunch of hackers and gankers in it before, just wait until after F2P...

it will certainly be interesting to see how a F2P model works in a FFAPvP Full Loot game already burdened by exploiting and hacking.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045
    Originally posted by Rohn
    Originally posted by Shyatic

They are so screwed.

I've no idea how well the F2P model will do, but I disagree -

Well... obviously the P2P model failed .  Im sure going F2P will really turn things around. image

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366
    Originally posted by ForumPvP

Multiboxing with 10 characters and its like 600 skill cap.

And do players get some kind of honor or ranks if he kills own characters ?

not sure but i believe there is no skill cap restriction in that snese and you can still hit 1100 only that you cant raise any specific skill past 60.

the problem here imo is, a 60 skill cap is to limited you are at such a disadvantage that f2p players will either have to sub early or quit the game, i highly doubt anyone would maintain playing the game with a f2p account that is like this.

• GenadiGenadi Member UncommonPosts: 110
    [mod edit]

F2P won't save MO, nothing other than maybe changing devs and removing Discord will. Still kind of a lil sad to see this once promising game failing so badly still.

• BiskopBiskop Member UncommonPosts: 709

F2P?

More like an endless trial. Might be a good way to bring in some new players, but whether they stick around or not is a different matter.

MO's problem was never that people didn't know about it or never tried it - the problem is that it's a low-quality game with multiple issues, and that it's run by amateurs. "F2P" won't change this.

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411

I really don't see the big fuzz, this is just a time extention on their existing trial; worst kind of F2P model I have yet seen, it feels that it is just an excuse for them to tax existing players for additional character slot so they can grind up more skills.

Also, jokes on Discord's "MO will never go F2P". 

• GenadiGenadi Member UncommonPosts: 110
    Originally posted by Toferio

Also, jokes on Discord's "MO will never go F2P". 

Another quote that's proven to complete bs by Discord "None of my GM's cheat or help their friends"

Someone needs to dedicate a fb page to this guy.

• argiropargirop Member UncommonPosts: 300

Free to play? Looks more than pay to win to me. From the other hand i would only play MO again if they re going to pay me. Thanks but no thanks.

Really loved the video though :D

• ShortyBibleShortyBible Member UncommonPosts: 409
    This is just a way of importing some sheep for the wolves.