Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How do I create a character on a different server?

Blazer6992Blazer6992 Member UncommonPosts: 642

I choose the server and then click "create", but it keeps putting my characters that I create on the server that I already have a character on. What am I doing wrong?

Comments

• MaelzraelMaelzrael Member UncommonPosts: 405
    In Gw2 you can only be on one server becuase of World versus World versus World. They dont want you to swap teams back an forth. So you can only play on one server at a time, and all characters you have will be on that server.

• FreezzoFreezzo Member UncommonPosts: 235
    They were supposed to have a server visiting system at launch, then soon after launch, then it was quiet...

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." - John F. Kennedy
    And for MMORPGs ever so true...

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    You can play with friends on any server.

Except for wvw of course.

Spvp is mixed for all servers. Impossible for wvw.

• IsawaIsawa Member UncommonPosts: 1,051
    Originally posted by Kuppa
    You can play with friends on any server.

This. Group up and right click on name and transfer to their zone.

Originally posted by Freezzo
    They were supposed to have a server visiting system at launch, then soon after launch, then it was quiet...

They had server transfers with 24 hour downtime.

• VirgoThreeVirgoThree Member UncommonPosts: 1,198
    Originally posted by Freezzo

They do have it in game since launch....right click party potrait. It does wonders :)

• Blazer6992Blazer6992 Member UncommonPosts: 642

That is just absurd. I've never played an MMO where you couldn't have characters on different servers. I'm only playing the game for the PVE. So if I transfer to another server does that mean all of my characters will go there? And is it always free to do transfers? I've only played for a week, so don't mind my stupid noob questions.

• Methos12Methos12 Member UncommonPosts: 1,244
    All your characters are on one server and I have no idea how they're handling transfers at the moment, but everything except PvP is cross-server anyway, even guilds and guesting on other players' servers so you can group with them.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
  • Zeus.CMZeus.CM Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,788
    Originally posted by Blazer6992

That is just absurd. I've never played an MMO where you couldn't have characters on different servers. I'm only playing the game for the PVE. So if I transfer to another server does that mean all of my characters will go there? And is it always free to do transfers? I've only played for a week, so don't mind my stupid noob questions.

When you create a character on some server, and you change your home server, your character transfers as well. You can't make few characters here, few characters there etc. Server transfers are free once a week.

In GW2 servers are not so closed to each other. You can easily group by with players from other server to do dungeons (soon they will make this so you can play general PvE like that).