Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SWTOR - Space Project - It Does Exist!!!!!

Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686

It looks that Space Project is in work, but we will have to wait for it.  No matter LOL image I am so excited about it!!!!!

It does exist!!!!!!!!

Q: How is the super space project doing? Does it exist?

Schubert: Oh, it exists.

Hickman: I was actually playing what you're talking about yesterday, running through the prototype demo. I wish I could give you details. It's great. It's a departure from our current space game. We have a team dedicated to working on it. But it is far out in the future. You won't hear anything about it any time soon.

Schubert: It is under wraps. It is a lot of fun. It's definitely not anything we've shipped in the original product.

BioWare Livestream Q&A Coverage from today

Damion Schubert (Lead Designer), Jeff Hickman (Producer), and Joveth Gonzalez (Community) are present for the Q&A

http://www.darthhater.com/articles/swtor-news/22517-bioware-livestream-q-a-coverage

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

Comments

• AxiosImmortalAxiosImmortal Member UncommonPosts: 645
    I don't blame them for not having the space project to come with the game. Space wasn't in SWG right away. Its going to be a sellout if the space will be any good. I'll come back if it looks good.

Looking at: The Repopulation
    Preordering: None
    Playing: Random Games

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969
    It sounds good, but I am not getting my hopes up.
  • drtack1drtack1 Member UncommonPosts: 273
    ooooo, maybe we can acutally "fly" our space ships in space!!! I hope they do a pvp space thing! That would def bring me back!
  • SwaneaSwanea Member UncommonPosts: 2,401
    If this acutally turns out to be similar to Xwing vs tie or even swg space....good lord...
  • NevulusNevulus Member UncommonPosts: 1,288
    if they add an element as complex & deep such as Eve Online, to what they already have as the "on planet" portion of the game, Id gladly sub again. Heck, even something like Black Prophecy, but a bit more substance.
  • L0stL0st Member Posts: 77
    I canceled a few weeks after launch after the "new game" feel wore off and got my character to max level.  If they truly make a great space enviorment then you will have +1 subscriber.
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    Originally posted by Jonoku
    I don't blame them for not having the space project to come with the game. Space wasn't in SWG right away. Its going to be a sellout if the space will be any good. I'll come back if it looks good.

Which is one of the big reasons why SWG wasn't nearly as good a seller as it should have been.  It's clear at this point that people aren't looking for WOW endgame with different skins as they aren't going to abandon WOW for a lesser clone.

SWTOR could have really stood out if they had exceptional multiplayer 3D space combat.  They really dropped the ball and spent their money and time in the wrong places.

• AxiosImmortalAxiosImmortal Member UncommonPosts: 645
    Now that the cheers are coming back for once, they better not screw this up.....

Looking at: The Repopulation
    Preordering: None
    Playing: Random Games

• Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686
    Originally posted by Jonoku
    Now that the cheers are coming back for once, they better not screw this up.....

Amen

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• VeldekarVeldekar Member Posts: 220

"But it is far out in the future. You won't hear anything about it any time soon."

Translation: Never gonna happen

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

New space flight is one of the 2 things they need to fix to get the game back on track, the other is multiplaying (they need to improve grouping and PvP to be more specific).

If they do this right it is indeed a step in the right direction, and a rather long step for that matter.

If they on the other hand mess it up it will probably be the last nail in the coffin, they need to get this right.

Originally posted by Veldekar

"But it is far out in the future. You won't hear anything about it any time soon."

There we go... hater #1 arrived.

They work on it and Hickman already played it. They are not going to release it until it's ready.

But of course considering 12/21/12 is coming you might be right image

Edit:

Quote:

If they on the other hand mess it up it will probably be the last nail in the coffin, they need to get this right.

End of quote

Yep, I agree. One of the reasons why it will take time. They are not going to rush with it.

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627

Like EVE and WIS, dangle the carrot and keep dangling it.  

• superniceguysuperniceguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,278

The bit about being a long way off, is not very encouraging. They probably do not have enough staff now

Sounds like Atmospheric flight in SWG. They said they could not get it working in game, and never got done until game was set to close.

This will probably get added to SWTOR after its closure announcement!

• zerocountzerocount Member UncommonPosts: 200

Anything close to JLS can't go to wrong.

edited to add:  

Mechs in Tabula rasa; Atmospheric in swg.... I wish they wouldnt hold onto these things......

• hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123
    It sound like the 1st expansion, if they do this right, lot of people will come back.  
    Originally posted by Sevenstar61

They work on it and Hickman already played it. They are not going to release it until it's ready.

Edit:

Quote:

End of quote

Yep, I agree. One of the reasons why it will take time. They are not going to rush with it.

No hate there, a reasonable comment. Can SWTOR afford for it take that time? Wait too long, the game becomes dead and then plug is pulled

That is what happened with SWG and atmospheric flight

With SWTORs attention span, it only has about 3 months.of its current population boom from F2P, then it will start becoming deader than it has ever been.

• YakamomotoYakamomoto Member Posts: 363

far out in the future, not anytime soon.

Cool, that's what I not wanted to read.

BW, you know when you will see money from me again?

Far out in the future, not anytime soom.

Originally posted by superniceguy

Edit:

Quote:

End of quote

No hate there, a reasonable comment. Can SWTOR afford for it take that time? Wait too long, the game becomes dead and then plug is pulled

With SWTORs attention span, it only has about 3 months.of its current population boom from F2P, then it will start becoming deader than it has ever been.

Makeb coming soon. Ilum revamp coming in Feb-March.

I do not think that they should rush with this project. Heck, all of you stated that game was rushed. If they would release it before it's ready, the screaming on these forums would be expotential.

No matter how far it is - proably next expansion as somebody said, it's far better then it does not exist as most of you imposed not so long ago,

And they still are commited to adding content every 6-8 weeks.

Edit: Well I am not going anywhere, neither my guild. And with how much I spend on CC I am worth about 20 subs LOL

• Elevenb4Elevenb4 Member UncommonPosts: 362

Awesome, thanks for posting SevenStar, I read rumors about this maybe a month ago. I'm stoked, as much as I like the game already, I can't imagine if they put better space interactions in the game. I don't mind it now, but there is deffinetly room for improvement.

I'm hyped.

-Unconstitutional laws aren't laws.-

Edit:

Quote:

End of quote

I do not think that they should rush with this project. Heck, all of you stated that game was rushed. If they would release it before it's ready, the screaming on these forums would be expotential.

No matter how far it is - porbably next expansion as somebody said, it's far better then it does not exist as most of you imposed not so long ago,

Edit: Well I am not going anywhere, neither my guild. And with how much I spend on CC I am worth about 20 subs LOL

The game should not have been rushed, as people would have waited, but no one is going to wait for this now. People have been let down too much on this game already since launch, so not going to hang around for another black eye. There is not enougbh details, all he says is it is different, I am sure they said the thing about the Heroic missions. There is no mention of it being multiplayer or even like EVE/SWG/STO.

If it is what we think it is, and it gets added ASAP, and even if it is messed up, then they can patch it. Even if it is a buugy version of something like JTL then it will be more fun than what is in atm.

Even if you are worth 20 subs, that is not enough. I literally was worth about 100s subs in SWG, and that did not save it.

Edit:

Quote:

End of quote

No matter how far it is - porbably next expansion as somebody said, it's far better then it does not exist as most of you imposed not so long ago,

The game should not have been rushed, as people would have waited, but no one is going to wait for this now. People have been let down too much on this game already since launch, so not going to hang around for another black eye. There is not enougbh details, all he says is it is different, I am sure they said the thing about the Heroic missions. There is no mention of it being multiplayer or even like EVE/SWG/STO.

If it is what we think it is, and it gets added ASAP, and even if it is messed up, then they can patch it. Even if it is a buugy version of something like JTL then it will be more fun than what is in atm.

Even if you are worth 20 subs, that is not enough. I literally was worth about 100s subs in SWG, and that did not save it.

They did not give any details, so any speculations are pointless. 

With Makeb coming soon there will be plenty to do for a while, and regular content updates will keep people in game.

Sure not as many as space project would bring but I bet that people who are subbed right now will be still subbed.

Edit:

Quote:

End of quote

They did not give any details, so any speculations are pointless. 

With Makeb coming soon there will be plenty to do for a while, and regular content updates will keep people in game.

Sure not as many as space project would bring but I bet that people who are subbed right now will be still subbed.

Why is the Space Project so awesome when they have not given any details?

• VeldekarVeldekar Member Posts: 220

Edit:

Quote:

End of quote

I don't 'hate' anything, Seven. I was just as hyped as anyone when TOR launched, but then incompetence ensued and the whole thing just seemed to fall apart. Then they introduced one of the most punishing cash shops I've ever seen and now I just can't believe anything that the EA 'mouth-pieces' have to say.

• Dahkot72Dahkot72 Member Posts: 261

They , a year out now , still cannot make Illum function correctly.

A major feature , they advertised prelaunch , they had to abandon and basically "turn off" as they didn't know how to fix it , is still not working and the current ETA is Feb March , more than a year after launch.

So ,why , WHY , would anyone not question their ability to even remotely pull something like this off when they couldnt even make a single large PVP zone even function correctly ?

They've cut back staff , not added since launch.

This space carrot will be rotten and a joke if it even ever comes to be.