Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What non-MMO Are You Playing Right Now?

Comments

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

Skyrim with some new mods to breath some freshness back into it, a bit of Torchlight 2 and World of Tanks every now and then.

Waiting for Far Cry 3 to come out in a week or two as it's getting fantastic reviews across the board, only problem is that benchmarks are starting to appear and it's performance on the PC is terrible even on the top end GPU's.

• AlthewiseguyAlthewiseguy Member Posts: 108
    Fallout new vegas with many mods to add to survival/balance of the game. Project zomboid, Rogue survivor, Dwarf fortress, Crusader Kings 2.
  • AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    Tried towns, gnomoria, a game of dwarves, goblin camp etc. Nothing beats Dwarf Fortress in level of  complexity and is really in a class of it's own. Hard to believe it was made in 2005 and not 1985 with the way it looks and the awful menu system. If they ever made a even crappy 8 bit equivalant of DF that would be the game I would play but instead i'm settling for gnomoria for the time being

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• MoobaraMoobara Member Posts: 7

So far Towns, Minecraft and Skyrim have been the non-mmo-games I played the most. In fact, the time I spent on Towns alone  is about twice as much as I spent on Aion, Rift, AoC, WH, Lotro, SWTOR and GW2 together. Oddball?

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Farcry 3 - game of the year - its like skyrim the fps.
    Dishonoured which is also ace.
  • ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Emperor:

Look up a game called maia.
  • Sovren1Sovren1 Member Posts: 312

Currently playing Assassins Creed III, I can't get enough of this series.

Also picked up Darksiders 2 recently, liked the first one so this one was on my "I must play" list.

Still messing around in BF3 and still loading up BF2 at times.

And when in the mood NBA2k13, Madden13.

• RaysheRayshe Member UncommonPosts: 1,279
    Civ 5 and Folklore, loved folklore but never finished it. Thus it is now my goal for december, with some Sims inbetween. Gotta love the sims.

Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
    Logic every gamers worst enemy.

• spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782

Westros total war mod for Medieval total war 2 Kingdoms. On Hard as House Stark. Love it.

Downloading Baldur's Gate enhanced at time of typing.

• KrematoryKrematory Member UncommonPosts: 608
    Diablo 3 and League of Legends

"EVE is likely the best MMORPG that you've never really understood or played" - Kyleran

• ionxeelionxeel Member UncommonPosts: 318
    CoD: Black Ops 2 on PC. Great game but causes me to nerd rage a lot. :(
  • catlanacatlana Member Posts: 1,677
    I am enjoying coop Borderlands 2, Mass Effect 3 multiplayer, Dungeon defenders, and a little bit of Torchlight 2. I am not buying anymore games till after xmas. If I do not get dishonored for xmas, I will pick it up after.
  • SkuldinSkuldin Member Posts: 79
    War of the Roses and BF3 both on PC

Thirty years of gaming experience...not sure if I should be proud of that
    www.mmoexaminer.blogspot.com

• AxiosImmortalAxiosImmortal Member UncommonPosts: 645
    AC3, My goal is to play it 1 mil times as long as time allows.

Looking at: The Repopulation
    Preordering: None
    Playing: Random Games

• itbewillyitbewilly Member UncommonPosts: 351
    Originally posted by ionxeel
    CoD: Black Ops 2 on PC. Great game but causes me to nerd rage a lot. :(

How is it? I had BO for ps3 and have to say i hated it. Too many 9 year olds bitching on the mic for back up. Im assuming PC is much more mature in terms of less children talking over everyone on the mic. If i was going to get another Call of Duty game it would be for PC :)

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904

Kingdoms of Amalur, again but on a fresh toon.

This time on hard mode because I missed the achievement for that the first round... Upping difficulty after you've started a toon doesn't count. *gnashes teeth* Oh and I splurged for the rest of the DLC, along with some other goodies on Black Friday weekend. 

Ah well, I love the game so it's no trouble. ^^

• gordiflugordiflu Member UncommonPosts: 757

About to stop playing TL2 but still playing it a bit. My embermage went too quickly from getting one-shotted to beeing ridiculously OP. Lack of balance, but still fun.

Still playing Skyrim. Over 120 simultaneous mods and I keep checking Nexus from time to time for new ones.

Lucky me, most new games out there are just "meh". Back to playing my guitar every day; my fingers haven't felt this nimble for years and I am considering building a band again.

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Jet Set Radioooooooooo!

• Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686
    The Witcher 2.

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• FonclFoncl Member UncommonPosts: 347

I'm not playing that much atm but when I do it's mainly Path of exile closed beta. I play some Quake live and Unreal tournament 2004 every now and then.

Path of exile: Really good game for those who like more complex ARPG's with character customisation, permanent choices and awesome loot. Still in closed beta but open beta is coming soon.

Quake Live and UT2004: Best FPS games ever made for competitive play imo, long learning curve and very skillbased games. Everyone gets destroyed if they play against people who are significantly better, as it should be in a skillbased game, just do your best and you will keep improving.

• jdlamson75jdlamson75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,010
    I'm playing the hell out of Chivalry:Medieval Warfare.  Found it on Steam, watched a gameplay video, and thought I might like it.  A week and a half later, I've got 15ish of my buddies playing it.  Lots of fun.  First-person slasher, based in mediaval times (of course).  Lots of gore, good times and laughter had by all when we get together and kill each other.
  • tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192
    Batman:Arkham Asylum....awesome game.Also Fallout 3
  • AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

Skyrim (again). Trying a more spell-user based character this time around. Hearthfire is great fun.
    Neverwinter Nights. Just started up another campaign.
    Rail Baron. The boardgame made for computer.
    Master of Magic. Still dabble with this from time to time.

After I finish up NWN, I'll start up NWN 2.
    Will be getting back into Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (1 & 2) again soon.

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• OgreRaperOgreRaper Member Posts: 376
    lil bit of Battlefield Heroes and Madden 13
  • WellzyCWellzyC Member UncommonPosts: 599

Skyrim and black ops 2.

man lots of skyrim answers. That has to be the greatest RPG since (dare i say) FF7

The way mmo's were: Community, Exploration, Character Development, Conquest.

The way mmo's are now : Cut-Scenes,Cut-Scenes, solo Questing, Cut-Scenes...

www.CeaselessGuild.com