Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The next big thing?

Comments

• AxiosImmortalAxiosImmortal Member UncommonPosts: 645
    Originally posted by RandomDown.

My point is, you're calling me arrogant for making a perfectly logical inference from your statement and posting history and have yet to prove me wrong, but got all offended as if I was. You didn't defend your statement when I gave you a perfectly valid counterargument. All you did was talk about something else.

Your argument is still invalid your not making any sense at all, its like I don't understand you and you don't understand me. What is there to prove wrong, I've already did the past so many comments. Your showing your arrogance and your stubborness. Good to know. Your like the rest of the trolls on the internet lol.

Where'd you get this? Lol

Looking at: The Repopulation
    Preordering: None
    Playing: Random Games

• LhynnSaintLhynnSaint Member Posts: 119
    Originally posted by Jonoku
    Originally posted by RandomDown
    Who said I speaked based on population? an arrogant one you are.

Then what do you mean hm? What else would you logically mean? You're talking about a game in reference to the phrase "next big thing" and an MMO is always judged by the size of its population thus directly tying into their revenue stream. So really, explain to me how that was presumptious if there is no other way to properly interpret it?

As a person part of a company of course you would judge the population of the game but as a player you judge it by your preference and your opinion. I'm not part of blizzard for example, do you think I care it has 12 mil players? half of them could be chinese farmers for all I know.

You aren't answering my question. Then what did you mean? You straight up say you didn't buy D3 because you had no interest in it. So your preference for it can't decline, nor can your enjoyment of it, so what did you mean?

I already answered your question, I didn't buy D3, didn't mean I didn't play it for at least 10 min or so, even if I didn't play it, just watching the streams of the game is enough to jump to a conclusion for that game IMO.. I don't get your point.....your not making sense.

My point is, you're calling me arrogant for making a perfectly logical inference from your statement and posting history and have yet to prove me wrong, but got all offended as if I was. You didn't defend your statement when I gave you a perfectly valid counterargument. All you did was talk about something else.

Your argument is still invalid your not making any sense at all, its like I don't understand you and you don't understand me. What is there to prove wrong, I've already did the past so many comments. Your showing your arrogance and your stubborness. Good to know.

You really should move this to PM guys, i mean, its not like i dont apretiate the free bumping, but it really is a stupid argument.

D3 sucked, thats all there is to say about it, the game focused on the wrong things and failed to deliver what most people except farmers where looking for. try TL2, or Path of Exile if you are into the whole online action RPG thing

• st4t1ckst4t1ck Member UncommonPosts: 768
    Originally posted by Ashlura

I wasnt going to play this game. I have been playing games since Ultima Online. I think I have gamed for more years than some people have lived. Its true.

I have played through many of the failures of games and I have had fun in quite a few games. Others have just been silly and disappointing... But in all honesty, they were disappointing for me, not everyone. I wanted a World to be a part of like UO. I havent found it in awhile.

UO was my baby. Gathering rares, crafting junk from taking wool from the farms, to spindle it to thread and cloth, to making my own bandaids to heal myself. I was a part of every aspect in UO. It was a blast like no other because there was so much to do.

SWG captured that for me and I love SW. The whole secret Jedi thing was awesome and it had me getting badges all over the place trying to earn each one in case that was the unlock. Then I heard a rumor it was Mastering Skills, so I left BH and did Commando, then Doctor, and then Holocrons were introduced. They started "easy" mode and I was pissed so I left.

After SWG, WoW was probably my next favorite. It was different too at the time. It was fun to have things placed at your feet and easy mode. I had a blast all the way up to the point where they made HKs. Once they made HKs people left the World and started to do BGs for quick reward. Made me mad that my Crossroads were over and I left.

Stargate Worlds was great to me too, but you had to be in friends and family to see it :( It was fun though.

After that I have played tons and tons of games and tested even more. None have captured me to the point where I wanted to leave work early to go play until the other day.

Im a fan of Martial Arts though. I have a 2nd degree black belt in Jujitsu and ever since I was a kid I watched fight flicks. I own a ton of the Saturday Night Theatre movies. I love Jet Lis movies and I have a collection of his work too. Ip Man was awesome and Quentin Tarrantino's Iron Monkey had me hooked on his films too for a bit.

Anyways, playing as Fei-Hung in Wudan school was fun. I know its not the right era, but it was a blast playing as my favorite character roaming the lands as a pre-hero in my own mind.

I love the crafting and life skills. You have to be a part of it to survive. No easy mode. I wanted to be a smith, but I know that I would have to rely on others too much. Miner for ore, chef for food, ughhh... Too much for me. So I gave up my smithing to become a chef to be more self reliant. I had to choose this because Im stubborn and dont want to search for food like a beggar.

hehehe

Anyways, it's an interesting game because of my love for arts and love for gaming all in one. Its amazing.

Yes, I Alpha tested 9Dragons and this is not 9Dragons. I didnt even play 9Dragons after testing was over. It wasnt for me.

This is a mini UO in the Martial theme. Its not UO and never will be, but its the closest thing I have seen since SWG

All you people saying you dont want to pay another company yadda yadda. I said the same. It was $10. Im good. $10 was worth the test easily. I gave up a couple expensive lunches to get to try this game. Well worth it

What is the crafting like exactly, as a system? Is it sort of just have the mats and hit a button or is there some other feature in it?

Edit: Wait, "a couple expensive lunches" O_o. Where do you live that food is so cheap D=

The crafting is one of the things i like about the game,  there's a mini game you have to play for some of the crafts, like a "bejeweld" type game and that dictates the results,  i though farming was pretty cool, you have to watch your crops, can fertilize them if you want it to go faster, pesticides if bugs get to them.  and the biggest thing for me was the dependency of others, 

you can have all of the gatherings they offer but only one craft.  and to craft tier 2 things you need something from another craft, so you'll always be trying to make friends, or business partners,

also for cooking, your have a nurishment meter, and the only way to get it up is to eat, and no food items can be bought from npc or vendors, only from chef's.  which i love

• AshluraAshlura Member UncommonPosts: 127

I wasnt going to play this game. I have been playing games since Ultima Online. I think I have gamed for more years than some people have lived. Its true.

I have played through many of the failures of games and I have had fun in quite a few games. Others have just been silly and disappointing... But in all honesty, they were disappointing for me, not everyone. I wanted a World to be a part of like UO. I havent found it in awhile.

UO was my baby. Gathering rares, crafting junk from taking wool from the farms, to spindle it to thread and cloth, to making my own bandaids to heal myself. I was a part of every aspect in UO. It was a blast like no other because there was so much to do.

SWG captured that for me and I love SW. The whole secret Jedi thing was awesome and it had me getting badges all over the place trying to earn each one in case that was the unlock. Then I heard a rumor it was Mastering Skills, so I left BH and did Commando, then Doctor, and then Holocrons were introduced. They started "easy" mode and I was pissed so I left.

After SWG, WoW was probably my next favorite. It was different too at the time. It was fun to have things placed at your feet and easy mode. I had a blast all the way up to the point where they made HKs. Once they made HKs people left the World and started to do BGs for quick reward. Made me mad that my Crossroads were over and I left.

Stargate Worlds was great to me too, but you had to be in friends and family to see it :( It was fun though.

After that I have played tons and tons of games and tested even more. None have captured me to the point where I wanted to leave work early to go play until the other day.

Im a fan of Martial Arts though. I have a 2nd degree black belt in Jujitsu and ever since I was a kid I watched fight flicks. I own a ton of the Saturday Night Theatre movies. I love Jet Lis movies and I have a collection of his work too. Ip Man was awesome and Quentin Tarrantino's Iron Monkey had me hooked on his films too for a bit.

Anyways, playing as Fei-Hung in Wudan school was fun. I know its not the right era, but it was a blast playing as my favorite character roaming the lands as a pre-hero in my own mind.

I love the crafting and life skills. You have to be a part of it to survive. No easy mode. I wanted to be a smith, but I know that I would have to rely on others too much. Miner for ore, chef for food, ughhh... Too much for me. So I gave up my smithing to become a chef to be more self reliant. I had to choose this because Im stubborn and dont want to search for food like a beggar.

hehehe

Anyways, it's an interesting game because of my love for arts and love for gaming all in one. Its amazing.

Yes, I Alpha tested 9Dragons and this is not 9Dragons. I didnt even play 9Dragons after testing was over. It wasnt for me.

This is a mini UO in the Martial theme. Its not UO and never will be, but its the closest thing I have seen since SWG

All you people saying you dont want to pay another company yadda yadda. I said the same. It was $10. Im good. $10 was worth the test easily. I gave up a couple expensive lunches to get to try this game. Well worth it

What is the crafting like exactly, as a system? Is it sort of just have the mats and hit a button or is there some other feature in it?

Edit: Wait, "a couple expensive lunches" O_o. Where do you live that food is so cheap D=

:D Charleston, SC for now. It is cheap here. I have ghetto taste though. :D

Crafting is pretty decent from my little experience.

I took up the following:

Chef

Farmer

Fishing

I am a little ignorant still so bare with me. Chef is my trade, the other two are harvesting/gathering skills. You can actually take all gathering skills that I know of.

I believe these are the trades you can choose, but you can only choose one:

Smith, Chef, Tailor, Poison, Apothecary, and in Age of Wulin I saw Goldsmith (didnt try anything but chef)

Anyways, with Chef it was pretty normal. You need farmers products, hunters goods, fish, etc to make edible meals. The meals can create buffs (normal you see in any game) but you HAVE to eat too. You have a "Nutrition" bar and once it's depleted, something bad happens. (Not sure what... heheh)

So everyone depends on food. Everyone needs to eat.

Crafted Gear is the best gear in the game, so you need smiths too though. Items decay to breakage which means you need every crafting class.

Much like UO. It wasnt useless in UO and it isnt useless here.

There are some little mini games in Chef too while you are crafting. Someone made a video about it and post it here too.

Its nothing out of the ordinary or ground breaking. Its just being "needed" that makes it worthwhile. It isnt like WoW where all you need is consumables.

Originally posted by st4t1ck

The crafting is one of the things i like about the game,  there's a mini game you have to play for some of the crafts, like a "bejeweld" type game and that dictates the results,  i though farming was pretty cool, you have to watch your crops, can fertilize them if you want it to go faster, pesticides if bugs get to them.  and the biggest thing for me was the dependency of others, 

you can have all of the gatherings they offer but only one craft.  and to craft tier 2 things you need something from another craft, so you'll always be trying to make friends, or business partners,

also for cooking, your have a nurishment meter, and the only way to get it up is to eat, and no food items can be bought from npc or vendors, only from chef's.  which i love

Funny thing, even the crafting is somewhat skill based, i was a blacksmith myself, the minigame was fun.

The mini game for being a musician is somewhat like a simplified version of guitar hero.

Being a diviner was fun, being able to pin point the location of your target by divining is genious.

Im also talking about the game and how it relates to me.

I can tell you this game will not be the next big thing. Its old school playing with a MA theme. People in NA want things like WoW and they want easy mode. This isnt easy mode. Its a world you can be a part of and make your own adventures. It isnt like WoW.

I think this game can touch those people that enjoy games like UO, SWG, Vanguard, etc. It is not meant for the WoW generation because you have to work for things still and craft and take time to find someone to craft you gear. It isnt all about raids raids raids and gear gear gear.

• AxiosImmortalAxiosImmortal Member UncommonPosts: 645

I can tell you this game will not be the next big thing. Its old school playing with a MA theme. People in NA want things like WoW and they want easy mode. This isnt easy mode. Its a world you can be a part of and make your own adventures. It isnt like WoW.

I think this game can touch those people that enjoy games like UO, SWG, Vanguard, etc. It is not meant for the WoW generation because you have to work for things still and craft and take time to find someone to craft you gear. It isnt all about raids raids raids and gear gear gear.

Sounds good, like I said before though, hard to trust companies nowadays, I'd have to wait a month after launch.

Looking at: The Repopulation
    Preordering: None
    Playing: Random Games

• lqw6843128lqw6843128 Member UncommonPosts: 40
    It won't be a BIG thing, but i wish more people can give this game a chance.

Well, every game that has tried to compete with wow has failed, because they were trying to be wow... and you cant be better at being like wow than wow itself, can you?

The truth is you cant compete with them, but you can offer the rest of the players, those that are tired of blizzards game something different, catter to a different audience and become great by doing it.

i mean i played wow for about a week, thought it was a turd, moved on. Wasnt really for me.

Originally posted by LhynnSaint

Well, every game that has tried to compete with wow has failed, because they were trying to be wow... and you cant be better at being like wow than wow itself, can you?

The truth is you cant compete with them, but you can offer the rest of the players, those that are tired of blizzards game something different, catter to a different audience and become great by doing it.

i mean i played wow for about a week, thought it was a turd, moved on. Wasnt really for me.

So true. You cant beat em. You have to think outside the box. In all honesty, I dont want another WoW. I want another UO. I thought ArcheAge would be my next game until I found this one. So lucky me. Not much waiting now. :D

• eskelaeskela Member Posts: 39

I tried it for few hours on closed beta. 

I know it's beta... But game looks cheap, it looks like f2p game and it's not a compliment in any way.. It's candy colors, 'quite okaaay' character animations... but camera movement over my character makes me sick. It's soo bad, I feel like back to Lineage2 or worse.

Skill system looked complicated, but it's matter of time to get used to, like in most games.

Quests are more boring than in Tera, and it's quite an achievement.

In the end, some people don't seek 'more' in games, that's fine. Age of W. might be just for them. But 'big thing'? Noo, sorries. 

• MagicpsychocMagicpsychoc Member Posts: 4

It has everything most mmo players have been asking for and more, i do believe it really has a shoot at being there, if people give it a chance.

The last option is for people that dont know anything about the game but still want to vote?

Back to the game, it has:

Open world, full pvp, epic mass pvp, sieges, its skill based, and player skill matters more than numbers, housing in the open world in the form of castles that you build, has variety like i havent seen in any mmo yet and a lot of other stuff just screams "THIS IS WHAT YOU HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR".

The game has depth, you can ambush other clans, protect or assault caravans, steal, spy, explore. Exploration is actually rewarded.

Really cant belive that a game like this isnt getting all the attention of this site, or the whole industry for that matter.

I'm going to play it...but for an open pvp game...its way to instanced

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    i voted maybe.  i played in the beta last weekend?  or the weekend before that?  anyways i didn't like it.  it offers some cool features but it didn't click with me.  others might like it though.  hence the maybe.
    Originally posted by Magicpsychoc

It has everything most mmo players have been asking for and more, i do believe it really has a shoot at being there, if people give it a chance.

The last option is for people that dont know anything about the game but still want to vote?

Back to the game, it has:

Open world, full pvp, epic mass pvp, sieges, its skill based, and player skill matters more than numbers, housing in the open world in the form of castles that you build, has variety like i havent seen in any mmo yet and a lot of other stuff just screams "THIS IS WHAT YOU HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR".

The game has depth, you can ambush other clans, protect or assault caravans, steal, spy, explore. Exploration is actually rewarded.

Really cant belive that a game like this isnt getting all the attention of this site, or the whole industry for that matter.

I'm going to play it...but for an open pvp game...its way to instanced

Actually instances are kinda rare unless you want to do dungeons, wich are good to get recipes. the bulk of the game is spent duing pvp activities.

Even in those dungeons, some bosses can summon players from all over the world to help him fight agaist the group thats doing the dungeon, really cool.

• Deerhunter71Deerhunter71 Member Posts: 527
    Originally posted by Tamanous

I am actually interested in this game, at least to research and play to formulate a better opinion, but it is far too pvp centric to be "The next big thing" in western countries.

It does however pique my interest far more than Darkfall.

Played the beta and Darkfall is so much better than this if you ask me.

Originally posted by Deerhunter71

I am actually interested in this game, at least to research and play to formulate a better opinion, but it is far too pvp centric to be "The next big thing" in western countries.

havent tried darkfall, how is it better?

I didnt like Darkfall. It was too little, too late for me.

The company didnt deliver on promises made and the game lacked the community to make the game fun (for me).

It reminded me of taking old School Ultima Online after the separation of Felucca and Trammel and just giving everyone the Felucca World.

It was full of PKs that were jerks and assholes all competing to increase their epeen size.

What I loved about UO was that all playstyles were intermingled into one land. You could be a jerk, but you were going to have a Guild of Carebears knocking at your face. Or the opposite. You might be standing in for the good and be met with by an Army of Reds killing all of you.

It was by far the best experience because we had all playstyles together. After they split the lands and Felucca became the Prison Yard and Trammel became Disney World, everything went to crap for me personally.

Playing Darkfall was like walking in the Prison Yard. Just a bunch of people waiting to pounce on new meat.

To me, not so much fun. Ive grown tired of games full of jerks.

I can honestly say that this game has every playstyle playing. I have seen crafters, PKrs, Goody Goodies and its neat to see again. Its definitely my style of play.

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Originally posted by angerbeaver

I did not like the look of it from the video I saw.

I did not see combat, just running around town. The visuals did not entice me one bit though.

Edit: Changed gameplay to combat

Well, it does have better graphics than any of the mmos you have played, so i dont see how that would be an issue to you. the combat can get really intense, it has a depth i havent seen in any other game, where its more about movement, positioning and trying to read your opponent than anything else, attacking isnt always a good ideaand every skill set has its own characteristincs that diferentiate from all the rest.

it really has that cinematographic feel to it, theres a lot more than just standing there and hitting eachother on the shins to see who has the bigger boots.

You come across like a salesman or marketing person.  Do you have any relationship with the game?

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• saurus123saurus123 Member UncommonPosts: 678
    it will be p2w so all the good features doesnt matter
    Originally posted by waynejr2
    Originally posted by angerbeaver

I did not like the look of it from the video I saw.

I did not see combat, just running around town. The visuals did not entice me one bit though.

Edit: Changed gameplay to combat

Well, it does have better graphics than any of the mmos you have played, so i dont see how that would be an issue to you. the combat can get really intense, it has a depth i havent seen in any other game, where its more about movement, positioning and trying to read your opponent than anything else, attacking isnt always a good ideaand every skill set has its own characteristincs that diferentiate from all the rest.

it really has that cinematographic feel to it, theres a lot more than just standing there and hitting eachother on the shins to see who has the bigger boots.

You come across like a salesman or marketing person.  Do you have any relationship with the game?

Uhm, nope, not at all, i just played it, couldnt believe how good it was, how little attention it had gotten in this site and decided to ask people around.

Plus, i see how much people bitch and moan for features that arent in other games that are already in this game, so i thought id ask. And when you hear that the biggest gripe they got with the game is that its based on the age of martial heroes in china, and that it could be, maybe, p2w, i really have a problem seeing why it wouldnt be a big game.

• DrakynnDrakynn Member Posts: 2,030

The game is good  seems to have some very well thought out game systems.It reminds me of 9Dragons on steroids and with actual content and hopefully development.I do however think it's gonan be a niche game and not the next big thing.

I think the presentation and UI is very rough and things aren't explained very well at the start.The latter will probably improve with better translation though.But I don't see the mass appeal there to make it the enxt break out sensation.

• OziiusOziius Member UncommonPosts: 1,406

I will never even try ths game as I don't really care for the setting. Just doesn't appeal to me.

• Neo_LibertyNeo_Liberty Member UncommonPosts: 437
    Game sounds amazing.. its a definite download

• RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122

I truly hope that it doesn't become a "big thing".  I think it's a game that will have a dedicated community that 'gets it' but I just don't see it as a game that's even made for the mass market.  As I've stated before, I think the game appeals to a certain type of MMO player but not really something the masses will buy into.  

For my taste, it's the best MMO on the horizon by a long shot, but I just don't see this being the norm for the majority.

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

• Bakkoda24Bakkoda24 Member UncommonPosts: 257

Originally posted by Deerhunter71

Completely different games that are targeting different audiences. Yes, both have Open PvP but they are executed very differently.

Originally posted by saurus123
    it will be p2w so all the good features doesnt matter

Not true. Admins have stated that everything will be attainable whether you pay or not. Now, this does raise the question how the difference in attainability. There are a few of us that are opposing the sale of skills in the CS, which is in the Chinese Edition. In my opinion, this is a game worth subbing but you're entitled to your own opinion.

I really enjoyed the beta. I liked the addition of cultivation being the route to increasing strength and being able to max out skills very early in-game. I'm excited for the nex beta and for the launch to see where the developers take this and to see if they'll actually keep listening to the community.