Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New MO FTP video disables comments

CaptainObviousCaptainObvious Member UncommonPosts: 43

Star Vault placed a new video on you tube today to promote their game.

However they received a backlash of negative comments from old players on the video and were forced to moderate the comments so they do not show a bad repusentation of the game. 

Star Vault doing their best to keep new players in the dark as always. 

Comments

• IXBEARIXBEAR Member Posts: 27

Its free 2 play right let people decide themself's if its worth playing or not?

[mod edit]

• CaptainObviousCaptainObvious Member UncommonPosts: 43
    Actually I think its people trying to give new players a heads up about what the game is like before they play it. Rather than letting them waste their time on something that portrays itself fasley. 
    Evry game is a waste of time in the end. So im not buying the whole waste of time stuff. Im just saying ppl can decide for themself's now. If Sv want's too put up a vid promoting their game going f2p and hater's start a shit storm they have evry right too disable comment's i would do the same.

This is what makes me laugh. Star Vault have made their bed and yet refuse to lay in it. They try to hide everything under the covers.

There are so many people who openly dislike and even hate the game and the company because of the way that SV has run it. [mod edit]

If people do not like the game they should be allowed to express their opinoin the same as people who like it. 

Star Vault have publically broadcasted something to everyone. I think everyone has a right to comment on it. As long as the comments are not racist or down right lies then they should be registered. 

Star Vault having to moderate the comment box and only allow positive comments onto it show how afraid they are of the communities actual views. 

Pretty sure most of you guys got your negative experience bs across by now. Hey i hate call of duty mw 2 ye just didnt like it made a comment on it that it was shit move'd on. Thats reporting your negative experience. bashing a game or a company day in and out is just plain hating.
  • LahuzerLahuzer Member UncommonPosts: 782
    Well why not let people decide for themselves? [mod edit] There are still people enjoying the game, and now that it goes F2P, I think people can make up their own mind and not get spoonfed with all the hate some peeps have for SV and MO. Some will not like it, some will. At least now noone looses any money from trying it.
  • YojimboBimboYojimboBimbo Member Posts: 162
    Originally posted by IXBEAR
    Pretty sure most of you guys got your negative experience bs across by now. Hey i hate call of duty mw 2 ye just didnt like it made a comment on it that it was shit move'd on. Thats reporting your negative experience. bashing a game or a company day in and out is just plain hating.

Pretty sure MO has had the chance to make a positive impression.  In any case, we are going to keep getting our message across so get used to it!

I havent played seriously 5/6 months. I reckon mortals flawls and point them out when i see fit. so im  hardy a fanboy.

But yes i do like mortal its some of the most fun i had gaming. Nothing wrong whit reporting your experience's right like you guys said urself.

• YojimboBimboYojimboBimbo Member Posts: 162

I havent played seriously 5/6 months. I reckon mortals flawls and point them out when i see fit. so im  hardy a fanboy.

But yes i do like mortal its some of the most fun i had gaming. Nothing wrong whit reporting your experience's right like you guys said urself.

Nothing at all wrong with that.  You are free to like it and we are free to dislike it.  

Originally posted by YojimboBimbo

Nothing at all wrong with that.  You are free to like it and we are free to dislike it.  

Exactly. 

If Star Vault had nothing to hide, they would not be afraid of some ex members posting about their experience of the game, would they?

• DarkcrystalDarkcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 963

The issue is people bash  a game, and keep  doing it, which is BS, if you want to make a comment fine, but to go on to every forum and do it every time any company posts something is over board and wrong.

I dislike GW2 and Halo, do I go on there forum to hate or any other forum to basjh them no, I move on, I may make a comment once in awhile, about what I disliked  if someone ask me but to sit on a forum and bash a game , tells me people really need a get a life...

How would you like it if SV or any other company sat outside your job and hated on you every second of the day? I would be annoyed as well.. So I see why they deleted it, I would to...

The game is not for everyone I no longer play it either but I loved some of the aspects of the game, to bad more companys didnt take chances like they did, most don't have the balls to...

If I sold Star Vault an inferior game, lied to them for years and made promises I could not keep then I would expect them outside my house.
  • WoopinWoopin Member UncommonPosts: 1,012

To be honest I stopped listening to the people on here who have nothing better to do with their lives than bash a game on some forum on the internet. I would rather see for myself what changes have happened. Big deal I have to download the game. Perks of being in the UK and having quarter gig lines for home use. 

I listen more to people who have been on here a while and what comments they make but only when good and bad are posted up. People who only post negative stuff and bash any game constantly make me happy that they are indeed not ingame ruining any possibility of a fun time in a community.

Take my comments as you like, but really to be fair I guess I am saying why not let people decide for themselves. We are all capable of donwloading a client and seeing what a game is like without needing to be bashed by haters for it.

• LahuzerLahuzer Member UncommonPosts: 782
    Originally posted by Woopin

To be honest I stopped listening to the people on here who have nothing better to do with their lives than bash a game on some forum on the internet. I would rather see for myself what changes have happened. Big deal I have to download the game. Perks of being in the UK and having quarter gig lines for home use. 

I listen more to people who have been on here a while and what comments they make but only when good and bad are posted up. People who only post negative stuff and bash any game constantly make me happy that they are indeed not ingame ruining any possibility of a fun time in a community.

Take my comments as you like, but really to be fair I guess I am saying why not let people decide for themselves. We are all capable of donwloading a client and seeing what a game is like without needing to be bashed by haters for it.

Amen...

• povilezazpovilezaz Member UncommonPosts: 25
    Well I tested  MO few weeks ago and deleted the game  the same day ... I can't play if it takes 50 hits to kill soft-skin (and she-he not even trying to run more than few meters ) gazzele  I wonder how is it posible to miss your sword attack against defenseless creature 1m away ....
  • povilezazpovilezaz Member UncommonPosts: 25
    Well not really . I purchased MO when it was in beta ..... The idea of game was and is good but ...
  • NoctieNoctie Member UncommonPosts: 15
    Thats funny, arenanet does the same in almost every video they post.
  • ltankltank Member UncommonPosts: 293

Its free 2 play right let people decide themself's if its worth playing or not?

[mod edit]

This.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983

That's OK.  Once they get put up on Steam Greenlight for a vote they will have public forums there to discuss the game which they cannot censor.  I've already got a nice detailed post in mind to make sure all their shady business practices are brought to light. All those people who were locked out from commenting on the video just have to bide their time.  They will get a chance to have their say.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• GenadiGenadi Member UncommonPosts: 110

Pointing out flaws when you see them doesn't relieve you of the fanboy title, especially considering MO has so many it's impossible to play 10 minutes without encountering them.

• DekapitatorDekapitator Member UncommonPosts: 261

I just realized I made a second thread about this subject.

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366
    Originally posted by CaptainObvious
    Originally posted by YojimboBimbo

Exactly. 

If Star Vault had nothing to hide, they would not be afraid of some ex members posting about their experience of the game, would they?

unfortinatly when they disabled comments they prevented both sides from posting on the video. Imo the trailer was quite good and cant really be faulted itself.

-edit just realized you can post comments on the video but only if the OP agrees to the comment.

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

• postpwnpostpwn Member UncommonPosts: 87
    I actually think the game is quite [mod edit] and will probably be [mod edit] soon!
  • CelusiosCelusios Member UncommonPosts: 337
    I'm sorry.. I missed your point here. Are you trying to imply that censoring negative responses is bad when you're trying to market a product? Beyond that, the fact that people who do post negative comments often take it too far beyond just beyond a different opinion.
  • argiropargirop Member UncommonPosts: 300
    Originally posted by Celusios
    I'm sorry.. I missed your point here. Are you trying to imply that censoring negative responses is bad when you're trying to market a product? Beyond that, the fact that people who do post negative comments often take it too far beyond just beyond a different opinion.

Its bad when the product itself is bad. 

And i m sorry too cause i missed your point too. Are you implying that faulse advertisement, lies and hiding the truth under the carpet by censoring forums, youtube or whatever is a valid marketing tactic?