Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which Star Citizen package did you buy / pre-order?

2»

Comments

• noluknoluk Member UncommonPosts: 22
    I got the Lancer for the wife (she doesnt know) and the Come fly with me for myself.  Wing Commander was an amazing game for it's time and changed many of my views about games on the PC.  If the new game is half as good as the original with great graphics then it will be money well spent.  In many ways Wing Commander and the follow-up games for Chris Roberts vision defined gaming for a generation of players.  Here is to holding out hope for the future in the stars.
  •      I pledged the "Come Fly With Me" for $250. First reason for pledging is I really hope he can create a MMO freelancer with the current generation specs. I played EvE for 2 years and the combat was atrocious in my opinion. The other games he made were fantastic,  so I have no reason to doubt his capabilities. The second is that the pledge package is the first one that has an RSI Constellation as a starter ship, with a Rear Admiral Title. The third is the videos that show the actual combat do look promising, even after he admitted the lasers being fired were to slow because of a bug. To those who scoff at kick starting games, you can complain about the genre going down the toilet or do something about it. You chose to complain more and I did something by supporting a rising star. The $250 is nothing to me, I will have earned that back before I go to lunch tomorrow. If the game suceeds then I can be proud to be a part of it.
  • LoLifeLoLife Member CommonPosts: 174
    Went with the Bounty Hunter (the $60 one) but you have listed it in the poll =/
  • FlaebFlaeb Member Posts: 91
    The 250 one, plus I got more ships which made the Grand Total 730 dollars. I'm sick.
  • neorandomneorandom Member Posts: 1,681
    the $550 dollar option seems about right, comes with all the ships and a signed ce.  
  • DeelgarianDeelgarian Member Posts: 7

The Man, for $500.  Plus about every one of the add-on ships.   My total is in what I call the "obscene" category, and I'd prefer not to think about it too much.  ;-)

But, will it be worth it?   Damn right it will be!

Space Marshall Deelgarian Voidwatcher, Star Citizen
    http://www.sc-rogues.com | RSI Forums Thread | RSI Forum Group

• AtrocitusAtrocitus Member UncommonPosts: 85

Im currently debating on exactly how much I will be donating to this game. From the outset, it looks spectacular.

The vision Roberts has is stunning and innovative. Unlike The Repop where that guy is trying to do SWG 2, this game is

going to be, at some level, revolutionary.....

Cant wait for this game to release....

• SilokSilok Member UncommonPosts: 732
    None.. i will see what the game is made of before buying...
  • YizleYizle Member Posts: 517
    Originally posted by spankybus
    Originally posted by Yakamomoto
    woah 16 votes, shows how meaningless this place is, over  1.2 millions from 13.000 backers so far and at this place.. crickets

Yes, I am shocked. Minimal response at an mmorpg-based website for a game that is not an mmorpg. Who knew?

Maybe you can do a pole on fishing lures next?

It may have already been done. I think it was under D3

• MellowTiggerMellowTigger Member UncommonPosts: 84

I pledged on Kickstarter which didn't use the same naming convention as this poll.  Let me know the equivalent, and I'll register my vote in your poll.

I've paid over $500 into the project, so I'll be getting a Constellation ship (plus some other ships) with lifetime insurance.  The insurance is a really good digital-only reward for their backers.  I hope they make lots of money from direct sales when the game arrives late in 2014.  I would love to see game designers and programmers get to work on their devotional projects without interference from huge distributors.

• ZinzanZinzan Member UncommonPosts: 1,351
    Originally posted by dustyhayes
    Went with the Bounty Hunter (the $60 one) but you have listed it in the poll =/

Same here, bit of an indulgence but it was an interresting experience participating in a kick-starter.

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

• ZalmonZalmon Member Posts: 319
    Originally posted by OG_Zorvan
    Originally posted by Bravix
    Originally posted by OG_Zorvan
    woah 16 votes, shows how meaningless this place is, over  1.2 millions from 13.000 backers so far and at this place.. crickets

No, it just shows this place has smarter people who understand the value of money.

But hey, you go with that "meaningless" theory if it makes ya feel better. lol

Looks like someones butt hurt.

Nuh uh!!!! We are more smarter than you are!!! HAHA I told him.

>.>

Why would I be butthurt that dumb people give money for non-existant products?

When there's an actual product, then ask me for my money.

Don't worry. Not everyone wants to be an investor in a fantastic community funded product and wants to get great rewards for being a founding member plus getting alpha and beta access.

It will be on the market soon enough for regular customers who are much, much smarter than we are...

No, umm..no and no again.