Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SERIOUSLY MMORPG.COM?!

indefindef Member UncommonPosts: 344

Could you possibly be any more unprofessional?  You postpone an interview that has been scheduled for months and a huge moment for this new game, because you couldn't take 30 minutes before the stream and set up Xsplit?

Anyone who has streamed knows how to use Xsplit and you don't just have random problems that keep you from streaming.

Honestly bullshit.  

Comments

• david361107david361107 Member UncommonPosts: 279

Yes this was pretty disappointing to say the least.

Peace

Lascer

• TalemireTalemire Member UncommonPosts: 839
    Dude chill out lol. Things happen. In a perfect world everything happens when scheduled, and this is far, far from that. Besides, one day isn't gonna kill you.
    Isaiah 41:10
  • KaminaxiusKaminaxius Member UncommonPosts: 104
    :(
  • Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    It's just an interview, and besides, it's not like we're going to get a ton of information really. You rarely get any new information in these interviews anyways. They haven't exactly been flowing the info for DF:UW anyways.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283
    Originally posted by Tayah
    It's just an interview, and besides, it's not like we're going to get a ton of information really. You rarely get any new information in these interviews anyways. They haven't exactly been flowing the info for DF:UW anyways.

we are getting vids every week since the first delay up 2 vids actully

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Hi guys,

We apologize for the delay and we totally get your frustration, but unfortunately these things happen. We're locked in for tomorrow (11/30) at 8AM EST. Looking forward to seeing you there!

• LahuzerLahuzer Member UncommonPosts: 782
    It sure sucked. And tomorrow I won´t be able to be there. Even went home from work earlier today to be there. But tomorrow I can´t do it again. So yeah. F*cked up. :(
  • wrekognizewrekognize Member UncommonPosts: 388
    Originally posted by Lahuzer
    It sure sucked. And tomorrow I won´t be able to be there. Even went home from work earlier today to be there. But tomorrow I can´t do it again. So yeah. F*cked up. :(

Will the interview be posted afterwords for those of us who can't watch it?

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    Originally posted by wrekognize

Will the interview be posted afterwords for those of us who can't watch it?

Yes.

• fat_taddlerfat_taddler Member Posts: 286

You actually left work early to watch an interview which will almost certainly be recorded and posted shortly after?  

People have some interesting priorities these days.

• RaventreeRaventree Member Posts: 456
    Flying into a rage because an interview was postponed?  Seriously?  God help the person that cuts you off in traffic.

Currently playing:
    Rift
    Played:
    SWToR, Aion,EQ, Dark Age of Camelot
    World of Warcraft, AoC

• NiburuNiburu Member UncommonPosts: 402
    Originally posted by Raventree
    Flying into a rage because an interview was postponed?  Seriously?  God help the person that cuts you off in traffic.

THIS IS DARKFALL

seeing the games you playi can understand why you can't understand...

• indefindef Member UncommonPosts: 344

I'm not in a rage.  I woke up at 5:45 in the morning 2 hours before I had to leave for work to watch the livestream.  If the right questions are asked, this livestream is a big moment for Darkfall Online.

If my job in my company was to set up conference calls with clients and 5 minutes before a call I told my boss I forgot to update the phone firmware we would have to postpone, he'd fire me with no hesitation.

Glad to hear it will least be recorded.  Unless of course MMORPG forgets how to save their streams to twitch.

• LahuzerLahuzer Member UncommonPosts: 782
    Originally posted by fat_taddler

You actually left work early to watch an interview which will almost certainly be recorded and posted shortly after?  

People have some interesting priorities these days.

Aye. I had several hours that I can use for spare time, if the company allows it. I could use two hours today to go home earlier. No biggie. And I wanted to chat with peeps as the interview was going on etc. Tomorrow we have alot to do on work so won´t be able to get off earlier.

• LizardEgyptLizardEgypt Member UncommonPosts: 333
    Originally posted by Niburu

THIS IS DARKFALL

seeing the games you playi can understand why you can't understand...

Nibiru I look for your posts every day. #1 fan.

Currently playing - FF14ARR
    Previous games - SWG, World of Warcraft, ShadowBane, Warhammer, Age of Conan, Darkfall, Planetside Asheron's Call, Everquest, Everquest 2, Too many.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001
    Originally posted by indef

I'm not in a rage.  I woke up at 5:45 in the morning 2 hours before I had to leave for work to watch the livestream.  If the right questions are asked, this livestream is a big moment for Darkfall Online.

If my job in my company was to set up conference calls with clients and 5 minutes before a call I told my boss I forgot to update the phone firmware we would have to postpone, he'd fire me with no hesitation.

Glad to hear it will least be recorded.  Unless of course MMORPG forgets how to save their streams to twitch.

Though I felt your initial post was way over the top what I outlined in yellow is pretty much the way of it.

If I have a board meeting going on it's my job to make sure everything is there, the connectons made, webex or NEFSIS set up and running, all participants set on the call info and materials.

I actually book 30 minutes in the room prior to any meeting I'm involved in so that I can make sure everything is up and running. If it's a new software that we are using we do tests the day before to make sure everything works.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • Aragon100Aragon100 Member RarePosts: 2,686

Ridicolous whining.

A interview postponed 24 hours and it's like the end of the world.

Pffft.

• CecropiaCecropia Member RarePosts: 3,985
    Originally posted by Aragon100

Ridicolous whining.

Pffft.

There are many that followed the original DF like a religion for an insane number of years. I can guarantee you some of these folks actually aged by a month or even more after finding out the tragic news. Some of these twenty/thirty somethings are really now in their fifties and sixties. 

Hopefully this group's reflexes has deteriorated enough that I'll see a generous increase in my KD ratio in DF:UW image

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

• bingo69bingo69 Member UncommonPosts: 195
    Game got postponed... so of course, interview and the sort got to follow the path of the game no? Plus it's an interview with Tasos, so LOL of course it's sure to be postponed. Maybe we'll get it by 11/12/12!
  • RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283
    Originally posted by bingo69
    Game got postponed... so of course, interview and the sort got to follow the path of the game no? Plus it's an interview with Tasos, so LOL of course it's sure to be postponed. Maybe we'll get it by 11/12/12!

>.>

• NiburuNiburu Member UncommonPosts: 402
    30 min left and i have to go now.....narf
  • YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593
    Shit happens, get over it.
  • ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,178

OMG I had to wait one day just to see Tasos live!  Seriously MMORPG.com!!!! I already had lit my candles at my Tasos shrine!

Yes...I do not understand why people are upset. Things go wrong every day all the time. It's just an interview and a lot of people expected this, although not because of MMORPG.com :P

• XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    Originally posted by Coman

OMG I had to wait one day just to see Tasos live!  Seriously MMORPG.com!!!! I already had lit my candles at my Tasos shrine!

Yes...I do not understand why people are upset. Things go wrong every day all the time. It's just an interview and a lot of people expected this, although not because of MMORPG.com :P

WORSHIP OF TASOS IS STRICTLY FORBIDDEN !

• ShortyBibleShortyBible Member UncommonPosts: 409
    Originally posted by Cecropia
    Originally posted by Aragon100

Ridicolous whining.

Pffft.

There are many that followed the original DF like a religion for an insane number of years. I can guarantee you some of these folks actually aged by a month or even more after finding out the tragic news. Some of these twenty/thirty somethings are really now in their fifties and sixties. 

Hopefully this group's reflexes has deteriorated enough that I'll see a generous increase in my KD ratio in DF:UW image

HaHa you are so right. I followed the original DF for 8 years. I am in my Fifties, but still an avid gamer.

Please don't kill me I have arthritis, bursitis and carpal tunnel. Guess I will be crafting a lot :)

Looking  forward to watching the interview when its posted.