Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which is the most annoying type of player in a themepark mmo?

Comments

• LienhartLienhart Member UncommonPosts: 662

TBH, I hate most MMO players.

FPS players are mostly okay as 99% of the time they have some sort of social life and know how to socialize. MMO players on the other hand, well, most of them are one of the following:

1. Fat geek in basement: They can't socialize because they rarely ever go out and they spend their weekends raiding instead of shagging or getting drunk with buddies....simply by default (they can't).
    2. Scrawny geek in basement: Same as above, I don't know which one has lower self-esteem though.
    3. Fat guy that's married with a fat girl: Now this is one of the most annoying types. They think they broke the stereotype but still spend their weekends on a computer instead of chilling with friends. The two married each other for one reason and one reason only: neither could do any better. But they let the whole world think that they're the happiest people alive (only to paper bag each other during sex).....and their kids will probably be fat as hell.
    4. Wannabe Gangsta: This is the guy that shit talks a lot and calls people out. If you find out they live close to you and you call them out for a real fight, all of a sudden their balls shrink.
    I'll edit and think of more when I can...but seriously, most MMO players SUCK at socializing. The exception I've seen exists only in EvE Online and MMOFPS games.
    I live to go faster...or die trying.
  • DraronDraron Member Posts: 993
    Originally posted by Lienhart

FPS players are mostly okay as 99% of the time they have some sort of social life and know how to socialize. MMO players on the other hand, well, most of them are one of the following:

1. Fat geek in basement: They can't socialize because they rarely ever go out and they spend their weekends raiding instead of shagging or getting drunk with buddies....simply by default (they can't).
    2. Scrawny geek in basement: Same as above, I don't know which one has lower self-esteem though.
    3. Fat guy that's married with a fat girl: Now this is one of the most annoying types. They think they broke the stereotype but still spend their weekends on a computer instead of chilling with friends. The two married each other for one reason and one reason only: neither could do any better. But they let the whole world think that they're the happiest people alive (only to paper bag each other during sex).....and their kids will probably be fat as hell.
    4. Wannabe Gangsta: This is the guy that shit talks a lot and calls people out. If you find out they live close to you and you call them out for a real fight, all of a sudden their balls shrink.
    I'll edit and think of more when I can...but seriously, most MMO players SUCK at socializing. The exception I've seen exists only in EvE Online and MMOFPS games.

Stereotyping gets you nowhere. Just sayin'.

On topic, they're all bad besides new players. My vote went to AFK'er only because it could destroy a good group.

• dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699

I literally spit my coffee out onto the montor laughing when I read that.

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

• redcappredcapp Member Posts: 722
    The perfect grammar and punctuation snob who is just oh so above having fun of any sort.  Takes everything way too seriously and doesn't seem to acknowledge that they're playing a damn game.
  • jdlamson75jdlamson75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,010

The Know-It-All/Braggart

I played WoW with a guy who knew everything about everything, and was happy to rub your face in the fact that he knew everything about everything.  Always with a smug voice.  Not quite "The Rude" guy, just an annoyance.  After I went back for the beginning of Cataclysm, thanks to the account friends system thing, he found me, friended me, and proceeded to let me know that his guild was clearing this mob and that, and his gear score was this, and blah blah blah...

• RandomDownRandomDown Member UncommonPosts: 145

How are "most FPS players" better than most MMO players? Whenever I play an FPS I see and hear far more immature chat, racial slurs and ridiculous behavior than I do in the MMOs Ive played. And you think those people don't exist in your FPS games? Seeing as how a large part of the population of this forum complain it is actually the "console kiddies" that ruined MMOs.

You assume they can't, which is pretty presumptious of a persons lifestyle. They may not have the same values as you and what if their good friends don't live near them anymore hm? Why not socialize with them online. Really you're worse than any of those you listed.

Also for number four how do you "call someone out for a real fight" online? You pretend to be a big tough guy that totally does MMA and sleeps with so many hot girls you don't even know, so you could totally take them?

Edit: I think what I'm trying to say here is how is it sad they don't think the best form of entertainment or spending their time is drinking and shagging? That's a far worse outlook than theirs in my opinion. Though I'm betting by your vitriol that your response will be that I'm one of the four?

• DSWBeefDSWBeef Member UncommonPosts: 789
    Originally posted by redcapp
    The perfect grammar and punctuation snob who is just oh so above having fun of any sort.  Takes everything way too seriously and doesn't seem to acknowledge that they're playing a damn game.

You typed that correctly just so people wouldn't correct it didn't you?

Playing: FFXIV, DnL, and World of Warships
    Waiting on: Ashes of Creation

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,360
    all of them
  • DrakadenDrakaden Member UncommonPosts: 138
    Originally posted by Skuall
    all of them

That, i don't have a preference, i really hate them all too.

• sfc1971sfc1971 Member UncommonPosts: 421

Four types:

The person who feels general chat is there to bitch about EVERYTHING and ANYTHING especially about things that simply ain't true or that even the most basic "lets try before claiming it can't be done" would solve. 

The person who feels general chat is for holding private conversations especially if they then throw a hissy fit if others make fun of them.

The person who never EVER is aware of anything. A new event can be mailed, posted on the login screen, posted on the loading screen and STILL they do not know. But they expect everyone else to give them a full briefing.

The who person who expects everyone to wait for him, organize a raid, he asks to hold it next week because then he has time... no?

---

Actually there is just ONE annoying type of player: Those players who thinks other people are their content, entertainers, tech support, confedants, hooker, sugar daddy and nursemaid.

MMORPG's are about playing together, NOT about others playing for you.

• kabitoshinkabitoshin Member UncommonPosts: 854
    all of them

/agree

• dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699
    Originally posted by Drakaden
    all of them

That, i don't have a preference, i really hate them all too.

Interesting.  What other groups of people do you hate?

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • gravesworngravesworn Member Posts: 324
    Most of these players can be avoided. The players that annoy me are the ones that afk every five minutes. I dont want to spend 3 hours running a 45 minute to an hour dungeun while you breast feed or fight wiith your spouse lol.
  • EcocesEcoces Member UncommonPosts: 879
    the Uber PVPer that thinks he is better than everyone because he can press buttons better than other people. oh wait that goes for all PVPers not just those in themeparks.
  • maccarthur2004maccarthur2004 Member UncommonPosts: 511
    Originally posted by Ecoces
    the Uber PVPer that thinks he is better than everyone because he can press buttons better than other people. oh wait that goes for all PVPers not just those in themeparks.

How else could him be better in PVP? There is no games controlled by the mind yet.

• IsawaIsawa Member UncommonPosts: 1,051
    Originally posted by RandomDown

How are "most FPS players" better than most MMO players? Whenever I play an FPS I see and hear far more immature chat, racial slurs and ridiculous behavior than I do in the MMOs Ive played. And you think those people don't exist in your FPS games? Seeing as how a large part of the population of this forum complain it is actually the "console kiddies" that ruined MMOs.

You assume they can't, which is pretty presumptious of a persons lifestyle. They may not have the same values as you and what if their good friends don't live near them anymore hm? Why not socialize with them online. Really you're worse than any of those you listed.

Also for number four how do you "call someone out for a real fight" online? You pretend to be a big tough guy that totally does MMA and sleeps with so many hot girls you don't even know, so you could totally take them?

Edit: I think what I'm trying to say here is how is it sad they don't think the best form of entertainment or spending their time is drinking and shagging? That's a far worse outlook than theirs in my opinion. Though I'm betting by your vitriol that your response will be that I'm one of the four?

Online tough guy of course :P

• SuraknarSuraknar Member UncommonPosts: 852
    Other - the Selfish "me myself and I" player.
    - Duke Suraknar -
    Order of the Silver Star, OSS

ESKA, Playing MMORPG's since Ultima Online 1997 - Order of the Silver Serpent, Atlantic Shard
  • RandomDownRandomDown Member UncommonPosts: 145
    Originally posted by Eluldor

Im not sure if its sarcasm but in any case I don't think my post was as clear as it could have and thats my fault, as that attitude bothers me. I think it could be summed up as "How is he any better (or even different) than #4 if he challenges them a fight IRL" since he is engaging in the same behavior?

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

Other(s).

"The Expert"  -  In individual with inflated self-opinion who feels personally responsible to pull you into whispers then tell you why you are playing your toon incorrectly.  Often found giving unwanted advice not appicable to the desired playstyle.

"Social Goddess"  -  Usually found in chat demanding to be the center of attention.  Has very little interest in the game, but uses it as a method of access to a captive audience to her (or his) social needs.  Gets quite upset and rants if those needs are not met.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Voted Other, the reason is because IMO the Elitist, Raid centric, World first player is the biggest detriment to a communities health.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    The leaver followed closely by the ninja looter.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • IsawaIsawa Member UncommonPosts: 1,051
    Originally posted by Eluldor

Im not sure if its sarcasm but in any case I don't think my post was as clear as it could have been given how much his attitude bothers me. I think it could be summed up as "How is he any better than #4 if he challenges them a fight IRL"?

Well obviously him and his drunk buddies are the ones who go and pick on the 4 categories he listed, because they don't socialize to his standards. Whatever he does in life, it seems to end up leaving him with a lot of hate. I guess getting drunk and shagging a lot helps with that, but I won't continue because getting called out to fight online is pathetic image

Edited: Onlince tough guy remark was to Lienhart.

• maccarthur2004maccarthur2004 Member UncommonPosts: 511

I voted "the rude". In sandbox mmos i kill them all whenever possible*. In themeparks i add them to my ignore list.

• ezpz77ezpz77 Member Posts: 227
    I voted the rude because rude people suck regardless of where they are.