Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warships: First In-Game Screens Released

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Wargaming.net has released a baker's dozen screenshots from World of WarShips, the latest addition to the game studio's stable of games. The screens are, according to the press release, in-game shots and can all be found in our World of WarShips screenshot gallery.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227
    I personally think they should make World of Carwars... that would be kind of epic.

This have been a good conversation

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    I can't wait until they make World of War(crafts?). Will be the best comabt game ever.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • NiburuNiburu Member UncommonPosts: 402
    Originally posted by Stizzled

World of Tanks was okay, World of Warplanes was just horrible, let's hope that this one is good.

These games always seem to have something that ruins them (invisible tanks, horrible flight model). I don't see how anyone could mess up ship combat, but if there is a way these guys will be the ones to find it and implement it.

The invisible tanks are a feature, go search for the guide that explains the spotting system

• shinkanshinkan Member UncommonPosts: 240
    Really looking forward to this one.
  • apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    Im a little iffy...is it just gonna be a slug fest?   Not much terrain on open water.  is there gonna be rocky outcrops just floating in the water to hide behind?   I really wanna get into beta before I hype up. OPen flat water does not seem all the fun.

duh just looked at the SS again...looks liek there will be bitty islands just floating to hide behind...im a little comforted now.

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• kishekishe Member UncommonPosts: 2,012

1) Retexture world of tanks

2) ????

3)PROFIT!

• TheOctagonTheOctagon Member UncommonPosts: 411
    Originally posted by Niburu

World of Tanks was okay, World of Warplanes was just horrible, let's hope that this one is good.

These games always seem to have something that ruins them (invisible tanks, horrible flight model). I don't see how anyone could mess up ship combat, but if there is a way these guys will be the ones to find it and implement it.

The invisible tanks are a feature, go search for the guide that explains the spotting system

You mean the tanks that disappear in  the middle of an open field, in plain view with 0 cover available?

Yep, its working as intended.

World of  Warplanes is horrible and NOT player friendly. That ones going to be a ghost town.

World of Battleships I do have hope for, but unfortunately, their still using the Big World game engine they bought. Can you say disappearing aircraft carriers on a calm sea?

• redcap036redcap036 Member UncommonPosts: 1,230

This will be a lot of fun if they add in submarines.

• YizleYizle Member Posts: 517
    Hoping it will be fun but as previously posted WoT was ok WoWP sux
  • MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988
    Originally posted by TheOctagon

You mean the tanks that disappear in  the middle of an open field, in plain view with 0 cover available?

Yes because you can spot a tank at say 310 meters in the open field but when that same tank moves to 311 meters in the open field your elite crew with 5 skills becomes a barracks full of basic trainees who all failed IET vision exams.

/sarcasm

Cannot wait for destroyers to bounce 16 inch guns in true WoT fashion.

• Kruger1979Kruger1979 Member Posts: 1

I think view range in tanks is important, it may spoil the immersion somewhat but it is quite integral to the gameplay so I understand and accept that mechanic. 

I have high hopes for Battleships, but it should have it's own feel. Naval combat is quite different to tanks, and could be just as challenging even without the rocks and terrain to hide behind, calculating where to fire so your shells hit the enemy shouldn't be that easy even on open water if all parties are moving and turning.

It's all going to be down to the execution. I think WG.net have done well with Tanks, WoW is not something that interests me, WoB, you have my interest, try not to mess it up!

• hardiconhardicon Member UncommonPosts: 335

the spotting feature in world of tanks was created because of the limited map size.  tank battles could and was fought in world war 2 at 2 to 3 kilometers sometimes but they dont have that map size in tanks so they created a spotting system that made sense for the size of the maps and it makes sense for third person view.  they could have done like other tank sims and give you a peeophole to see out of and try to find your targets.  only bad players and noobs have a issue with the spotting system now and that is only because they are used to call of duty where its line of sight and goes on forever but then again call of duty sight mechanics get hacked all the time, wot does not.

world of warplanes has a huge issue of controls, if you are not using a joystick then controls are bad.  dont know if that can be fixed or not but I dont really care cause im not interested in planes but i hope they fix it for the people that would like the game.

i do hope warships will be good though and more like tanks.

• ZeGermanZeGerman Member UncommonPosts: 211

World of  Warplanes is horrible and NOT player friendly. That ones going to be a ghost town.

World of Battleships I do have hope for, but unfortunately, their still using the Big World game engine they bought. Can you say disappearing aircraft carriers on a calm sea?

I have only ever seen a tanky disapeer in an open field if either your view port is shot out or its really really far away.  You try looking through a slit and seeing shit half a mile away.

I don't like alot of the game because it is too realistic but it the same reasons I dislike it are why most people like it.

• teethteeth Member Posts: 67
    Originally posted by MMOGamer71

Yes because you can spot a tank at say 310 meters in the open field but when that same tank moves to 311 meters in the open field your elite crew with 5 skills becomes a barracks full of basic trainees who all failed IET vision exams.

/sarcasm

Don't worry...16 inch gold rounds and aimbots will provide an ample work-around for this.

/sarcasm

You also have to remember that alot of the time when you see a tank you dont actualy see the tank.  Its your radio crew telling you its position because someone else sees the tank.  If that person moves behind a rock then the tank disapeers cause you have noone telling you where it is.  Unless your really close If your not facing the tank with the front of your tank in alot of tanks you will not see the tank because the slit is in the front and now your relying on other peoples vission and radios which have range.

Originally posted by teeth

/sarcasm

Don't worry...16 inch gold rounds and aimbots will provide an ample work-around for this.

First true criticism i've seen props to you.

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    Originally posted by tawess
    I personally think they should make World of Carwars... that would be kind of epic.

online Destruction Derby MMO

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

The amazing thing is people playing WOT think it is ok to have invisible tanks rofl.  World of Warplanes was bad, let's hope they make a decent game with this.  Would love to play a decent naval game.

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988
    Originally posted by ZeGerman

/sarcasm

You also have to remember that alot of the time when you see a tank you dont actualy see the tank.  Its your radio crew telling you its position because someone else sees the tank.  If that person moves behind a rock then the tank disapeers cause you have noone telling you where it is.  Unless your really close If your not facing the tank with the front of your tank in alot of tanks you will not see the tank because the slit is in the front and now your relying on other peoples vission and radios which have range.

Just so wrong in your fabricated explaination, I don't even know where to begin with the fradulent spotting mechanics.

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    It's not because they suck, it's because the game was broken. You all should know this buy now!
  • SuraknarSuraknar Member UncommonPosts: 852

Screenshots look great. I am really waiting for his one with great anticipation, always was so extatic they made one! Till then I'll be be a landlubber..heh.

- Duke Suraknar -
    Order of the Silver Star, OSS

ESKA, Playing MMORPG's since Ultima Online 1997 - Order of the Silver Serpent, Atlantic Shard
  • SuraknarSuraknar Member UncommonPosts: 852

As for WOT...

All those complaining about Invisible tanks are kids expecting to play Bump Cars...or cheaters that love to load Bots and HAcks and can;t do it here.

The Tactica'l system of WoT is one of the greatest systems for FPS games out there, it could actually be applied to many other games, and some should take inspiration from it.

You just need to get in to the role of a tanker to appreciate the system.

But this is a thread about the Warships, let stick ontopic.

- Duke Suraknar -
    Order of the Silver Star, OSS

ESKA, Playing MMORPG's since Ultima Online 1997 - Order of the Silver Serpent, Atlantic Shard
  • Land_SharkLand_Shark Member UncommonPosts: 52
    Much more looking forward to War Thunder than this.
  • Land_SharkLand_Shark Member UncommonPosts: 52
    Originally posted by ZeGerman

I don't like alot of the game because it is too realistic

Did you seriously just type this out loud? lol

• yaminsuxyaminsux Member UncommonPosts: 973

WoT = russian tanks bias

WoWP = russian planes bias?

WoWS = russian ships (lol?) bias?

We'll see....