Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

550 Million lottery (Make your MMO)

13»

Comments

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969
    Originally posted by Loke666
    Originally posted by Jonoku
    SWG 2.0

Dont you have any imagination? 

I don't have time for imagination. That's why I am going to spend some of my 550 million on someone that does.

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Originally posted by biggarfoot
    Retire, sit on a beach in the Med with half a dozen babes attending to my every needs.  Made my fantasy MMO real.

+1

Or if it's in the contract that I have to pour it back into gaming... I always was a proud member of the content consuming group and not the creators (maybe I'm the worst GM out there, hands down :) ).

So I would give 50mill to WB/Turbine with the obligation they HAVE to take us all the way down to Mt. Doom until 2017.

100 mill would go to Funcom to keep away EA from every major decisions, not going to f2p with TSW, and keep the pace with the updates in both TSW and AoC.

The rest 400 mill I'd give to Ragnar for an awesome Dreamfall Chapters, and two more epic (single player) games after that :D

• DSWBeefDSWBeef Member UncommonPosts: 789
    Im debating whether a dark fantasy setting (Witcher/Conan) would be better then a modern horror setting (TSW/Supernatural)....

Playing: FFXIV, DnL, and World of Warships
    Waiting on: Ashes of Creation

• RoshaRosha Member UncommonPosts: 29

That much money....
    Someone should make a WoW killer.  But not just a killer, the grind their teeth on the curb kind of killer. It's had it's time, it's killed it's fair share of other games, social lives and marriages.  Time to let something progressive step into the limelight...

Realistically tho, a real winner should have:
    - PvP in Realms, with some ladder match style arena stuff
    - Progressive open world stuff:
        - Personal story, factional story, guild story
        - PvP realm building, draw in a reason to have healers, crafters and the like, let them have castles - if they build them
        - Group events, raid events, and everybody and their dog needed events
            - If an event is done to blow up cityhall, blow it up, let the players rebuild it, make it theirs.
    - Housing; personal, guild and factional
        - Trophies & Deco from the above events, craftable, and buyable stuff
    - Ground stuff, Sky/Water (Above and below)/Space stuff
    - Mounts & vehicles (larger vehicles you can deco)
    - Pets
    - Mini games
    - Crafting should mean something, best of the best raids are nice, but best of the best crafters should be able to build the uber stuff
    - Customization for characters, pets, mounts, housing - and uniforms/banners customizable for guilds - let the players that want to spend 9hrs designing their character do so.
    - Really make the various level perks count, Beta tester should mean something, lifetime subscriber, collectors edition etc - keep it progressive, not a 1 time thing.  Maybe things more than trinkets; lifetime sub, priority login, free to play there's a queue you cheap bastard
    - Corpse runs, don't make it hurt so bad, but make them part of the game
    - Accolades, achievements all over
    - Ingame news available for those wanting cues, clues and woos.
    - App interfaces for players and their guild
    - Link ingame guild chat with an external app/IM program
    - Sync it with all the popular social media
    - Make the website informative, useful and progressive
    - Have a game store, sell swag, don't let said swag impact playability in the game ie no godswords.  Do more than just ingame gear, sell out of game merchandise
    - Annual convention with hot stuff, awards, what's coming, all that stuff that used to allow players to connect with the designers.
    - Use pop culture, myths, rumors, unnuendos all over
    - Double the versions; family play servers, adult servers
    - Customer service that cares, use the phone, ingame tickets, live webchats and forums
    - If a customer is banned for life, ban the address, the email and the billing account.
    - Keep the numbers real

But above all, don't roll it early, don't roll it half done, don't roll it without listening to your audience, and do some marketing/advertising - don't rely on word of mouth and a few spam banners.

Then buy a royalty from Blizzard and put 10 million murloc heads on pikes for newbie target practice

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by Loktofeit
    I'd make an old school CRPG style MMO, not bill it as an MMO but as an online RPG, and target RPGers, not MMO gamers.

Thus excluding better than 95% of existing MMO players?  And actually enforcing an RPG ruleset?

I like.  The first howl of "perma-banned for talking about football in the bank, wtf?" will be like beautiful, sweet music...if a little old-fashioned.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167
    Originally posted by toddze
    Originally posted by Sevenstar61

Why would you put money into MMO knowing that no matter what you do and how much love and hard work you will put into it, only to find out in the end that whatever you created was not what players were expected and you would get zero appreciation for your effort :)

Have fun and enjoy your money :)

I think if your honest with the player base from the get go players would get what they expected. For my example if i said this is a true FFXI sequal, why would anyone buy it if they hated XI?

...because you're not trying to please the people who didn't like your previous game?

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207

like planetside 2

but....

you craft your own weapons

you gather resources

you build your own bases and vehicles

• ForumPvPForumPvP Member Posts: 871

I would  not use HeroEngine ,saves 99$

Hype,advertising,viral marketing ,forum trolling and some voice acting made by me.500 000 000 $

I would give the rest  to some unnamed SWG mod team .......................................... 49 999 901 $

pizza and pasta.........................................................................................................................99 $

Let's internet

• AdamaiAdamai Member UncommonPosts: 476
    Brand new medievil no skills no levels no magic realism 100% crafting world with full open pvp in guild owned territory with fullt integrated diplomacy and political systems no items drops of any kind and only cash rewards will come from quests and selling things you extract from the persistant world. Every item will be usable in crafting or a decrative copacity. guilds will be able to design size and build their own cities and walls with towers and gates and siege engines as they see fit. The game will have several major npc areas for loan players and small guilds but the emphasis will be on empire building and territody aquisition but with burden restriction mechanics as you gain more land. There will asl be a world within a world where you can go underground and carve out subteranian empires too . You will also be able to attack player cities from below aswell as from the surface.
  • FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311
    STAR WARS GALAXIES 2

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• skydiver12skydiver12 Member Posts: 432

A focused mmo with set features, core systems asking for player interactivity neither stuck in the old sandbox (ffa) or (Daily & threadmill Themepark) mentality.

Clear communication with direct answers instead of hype talk "we got a gazillion best ever epic"

It would please a "minority" not everyone.

It would annoy and include various shitstorms of all the "next best thing" locusts.
    And it will be great. It will be the best for it's intended purposes.

It will be not be the commercial 10M players beast.

It will not cost 550m. It would at best cost 50M. There is no justification for more except overrated studio locations, big names, and miss managed overblown teams.

It will not spend over 1M for marketing. No one needs commercials and paid interviews and reviews, people come to you when you have licenced state of the art technology and art.