Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Argonians

AdamTMAdamTM Member Posts: 1,376

....what is wrong with their...their...visage.

Comments

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    it's pre-alpha.  the one on the right looks better than any i've ever created in a ES game.  also,  Argonians are ugly.
  • EntinerintEntinerint Member UncommonPosts: 868

They made them that way so they wouldn't have to make new models for helmets.

Hopefully they suck it up and make them like Skyrim Argonians.  The velociraptor look was awesome.

• TheBigDRCTheBigDRC Member Posts: 162
    Remember how they changed from Oblivion to Skyrim? Plus it's pre-alpha, odds are it'll change.

You know what's fun about chaos? I do, but I won't tell.

• ZadawnZadawn Member UncommonPosts: 670
    They look different in the ES series because the series is set a millennium after the upcoming TESO.The argonians have most likely evolved in time.

• GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813
    they look fine to me
  • EntinerintEntinerint Member UncommonPosts: 868
    Originally posted by Zadawn
    They look different in the ES series because the series is set a millennium after the upcoming TESO.The argonians have most likely evolved in time.

A thousand years is not enough time for that drastic an evolution.

It's more than likely they look different lore-wise due to the Hist, which changes their appearence, as it did between Oblivion and Skyrim.

But in reality, they did it so they wouldn't have to make new models for all the helmets.  Lazy fucks.

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585

in this video at 5:44 mark.  they actually look pretty good.  imo.  the pic the op posted is pretty  awful though. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8AxddgBDTE&feature=player_detailpage#t=344s

• MyTabbycatMyTabbycat Member UncommonPosts: 316
    I'm sure they will have many options for customization. That's just the looks of a few argonians. They look fine to me but I was never in to playing them.
  • UWNVMEUWNVME Member UncommonPosts: 174

I know it's all very early. But I really, really hope the final character models are drastically different-looking from what's been shown. Don't get me wrong, I think the artwork on the official website looks cool, but the direction they've gone with the 3D models is looking more and more disappointing to me.

• MyTabbycatMyTabbycat Member UncommonPosts: 316

In most TES games all the characters are... well... rather ugly. It's usually the modding community that improves them and makes them look so much better.

But, we aren't going to have that kind of modding in TESO. So I think people are wanting to make sure that ZOS gets it right for release.

The devs did respond to the question in one of their Q/A discussions about community reaction to the Argonians. Basically they are still working on them and players will have a lot more choices than what they've been able to showcase in their screenshots.

Here is the Ask Us Anything link: http://elderscrollsonline.com/en/news/post/2012/11/26/ask-us-anything-ebonheart-pact-part-2

• ZigZagsZigZags Member UncommonPosts: 381
    This is the least of their problems right now. Im sure they ar structuring the races to be able to fit different armors (especially helmets) But really they have a lot more to focus on if they want this game to be a success.

Dragnon - Guildmaster - Albion Central Bank in Albion Online

www.albioncentralbank.enjin.com