Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I like southsun cove and all but....

ellobo29ellobo29 Member UncommonPosts: 423

There is nothing to do there.....

There is about 6 events going on there? and after that nothing. It needs more events.

Orr has a butt load of them, enough to keep me busy, but after a while i get tired of the gloomy setting.

Lets see.... there is kill the champ drake; kill the champ shark; gather karaka eggs; patrol the road; bomb the karaka egg nest and thats it?

Comments

• dimnikardimnikar Member Posts: 271

Kinda sounds like you're doing dailies in that game.

Amazing what the second coming has devolved into.

• GurpslordGurpslord Member Posts: 350

Southsun cove is a pretty piece of eye candy with some mobs on the way to the rich orichalcum node.  there is nothing currently to do there outside of that one time event.  The paltry events they've left intact aren't worth the trouble of doing considering the infrequency of actually completing them.

Orr, or frankly anywhere in particular is a better place to go for events.  Honestly, if it weren't for that rich node, I'd never go there.  Hopefully they'll give us a reason at some point.

• RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383

Southsun blows.

The crabs are annoying but passable. But there isn't anything else. An island full of crabs and a new jumping puzzle.

As a free content boost - ok... glad I didn't pay for it. The entire island feels rushed, dull, and monochrome - which is a shame, most of the rest of the game feels pretty vibrant and alive (even Orr).

• mazutmazut Member UncommonPosts: 988
    Exactly my reaction OP. Very beautiful place, but nothing is going on there... And I'm not Karka shell farmer.
  • IndromeIndrome Member UncommonPosts: 292

And where exactly did it say they were done implementing it? There is so much to do in GW2 you'd think it would be possible for people to spend at least two weeks NOT impatiently complaining... oO

• FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398
    Themepark.
    http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by Gurpslord

Southsun cove is a pretty piece of eye candy with some mobs on the way to the rich orichalcum node.  there is nothing currently to do there outside of that one time event.  The paltry events they've left intact aren't worth the trouble of doing considering the infrequency of actually completing them.

Orr, or frankly anywhere in particular is a better place to go for events.  Honestly, if it weren't for that rich node, I'd never go there.  Hopefully they'll give us a reason at some point.

I have to agree with you, as a thief I easily farm that node and some on the way to it, but that is about the only thing I do in SC.

The mobs are also bad, there are karkas in different size, windriders and some lizards at the coast., but that is it.

So yeah, it feels like they should have given the zone more work. My favorite high level zone is still Frostgorge, SC is both too small and too empty to compete with any of the old zones.

The only interesting thing besides ori and ancient wood is the jumping puzzles, they need to fill this zone out. Adding the island you just can go on a small part of the beach would also help.

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    Thing is I kinda felt it was unfinished; and I was right.  It could be on purpose since the world is constanly evolving. In all honesty I think they just releasaed a new area to build more content into...like they said at the bottom of that news article. I'ts not done yet, and given time constraints, I imagine they will pump out a lot of stuff like this and build upon it in the future. You may see in the coming months (summer) South Shores get a make over with a resort and more quests ect. As for now it's just an untamed wilderness and the only safe place is the port.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748

Southsun is only beginning to get it's content. Remember when they introduced it they did so as a future hub of events and things to come. This was the intro... the "here's the land, go check it out. (Watch out for karkas though.)"

This was only the first phase of what they have planned for it.

Bah, Tiller beat me to the concept. image

Oderint, dum metuant.

• FearumFearum Member UncommonPosts: 1,175
    Yeah its pretty boring, They should work on WvW. The only thing they havent touched since beta, except to remove the orbs.