Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Darkfall: Unholy Wars: Brawler School, Skirmisher Role Video

SBFordSBFord Associate Editor - News ManagerThe Land of AZPosts: 16,609MMORPG.COM Staff Uncommon

Aventurine Studios has released a new trailer to show off the Skirmisher role from the Brawler School in Darkfall: Unholy Wars. The video features Skirmisher game play and is narrated by writer Al Stellakis.

As you can also see in the video, the Brawlers' competitive advantage is his maneuverability and endurance. They quickly move in and out of combat, dodge attacks and take advantage of their surroundings better than any other role can.

What is not apparent in the video is the high mana and stamina consumption, along with the serious cooldowns, but as with every other school there are compromises to be made.

NEW!

In addition, our own Paragus has let us know that Darkfall: Unholy Wars is now on Steam Greenlight. Read more about why Aventurine made this choice on the Darkfall: Unholy Wars blog.

Associate Editor: MMORPG.com
Follow me on Twitter: @MMORPGMom

Comments

• JakdstripperJakdstripper logan lake, BCPosts: 2,126Member Uncommon
    we wants it...we needs it...to hold it, to keep it safe...precious...
  • ShortyBibleShortyBible Posts: 397Member Uncommon
    Thanks. Looks very interesting. Looking forward to playing this game.
  • raapnaapraapnaap LeidenPosts: 397Member Uncommon
    Looking good. A high mobility class has a lot of potential for PvP. I'll likely use this as my secondary at launch.

The Steam publishing has been long requested by the community. It came as a surprise that they finally listed themselves on it. A good step in the right direction in terms of marketting.
  • naljejanaljeja BergenPosts: 94Member
    This is very good
  • RocknissRockniss Youngstown, OHPosts: 1,034Member
    Can't wait to read about this game after it releases. I am so tempted by it, but unfortunately for all games anymore its just going to be a wait and see especially after getting burned by swtor and to some extent GW2. This has some cool features I can see but it also has some buyer beware written all over it. Smart buyer just holds onto thier money for a few months and get some real hype/reviews.
  • bunnyhopperbunnyhopper LondonPosts: 2,751Member
    Originally posted by Jakdstripper
    we wants it...we needs it...to hold it, to keep it safe...precious...

"Come and have a look at what you could have won."

• Mad+DogMad+Dog EdinburghPosts: 656Member Uncommon

At last a good sandbox game.

Any one whos fed up of tab target WoW clones should check this out at release.

• gravesworngravesworn charleston, WVPosts: 324Member
    I am still waiting to see at least one of the priest role videos. They seem pretty secretive of it or maybe they havent got it balanced enough to show it off yet.
  • CaaahlCaaahl LeipzigPosts: 229Member
    Pls do a "news" also on DF:UW being in for the vote on Steam Greenlight. :)

*edit*
    never mind ^^

Caaahl / DAA KAPUTTMACHAA ---DF/DFUW

• AhnilatorAhnilator Trois-RiviPosts: 80Member
    Arrows coming out from an invisible quiver... Very interesting...

Originally posted by Ahnilator

... Very unimportant ...

Would be nice if there was a quiver, yes, but it wont influence the gaming experience at all, i promise you that.

• DauzqulDauzqul Detroit, MIPosts: 1,405Member Uncommon
    This game comes out in 2 weeks. How much is this game going to cost? How much is the monthly fee?
  • LizardEgyptLizardEgypt Yarmouth, NSPosts: 337Member

It gets better every video. Aventurine is proving they can grow up a little bit and open up. This game still won't appeal to everyone, but that's fine as long as they can produce a more appealing sandbox that with some success could open a much brighter market for MMOs in the future.

Loved the first one, I'm sure I'll love this one as well. Everyone who likes MMOs should support this game and greenlight it on steam even if it's not their cup of tea, Darkfall has a ton of persistant features that could benefit every game if they're recognised.

Currently playing - FF14ARR
    Previous games - SWG, World of Warcraft, ShadowBane, Warhammer, Age of Conan, Darkfall, Planetside Asheron's Call, Everquest, Everquest 2, Too many.

• RaxeonRaxeon cedar falls, IAPosts: 2,090Member Uncommon
    mmodad it hink 30 and probly 15 ish for the sub
  • rmk70rmk70 Toronto, ONPosts: 397Member Uncommon
    Every time I watch a DF video I feel like I'm back in the 90s... 
  • XarkoXarko Hradec KralovePosts: 394Member Uncommon
    ye, reminds me of Rune :)
  • DavisFlightDavisFlight Talahasee, FLPosts: 2,556Member
    Originally posted by rmk70
    Every time I watch a DF video I feel like I'm back in the 90s... 

Well, that was the MMO Golden Age so, that's a good thing.

• NoobkilarNoobkilar streator, ILPosts: 175Member
    Interesting class, seems I will be trying this!
  • Adam1902Adam1902 Posts: 524Member Uncommon

Another awesome looking gameplay video, they get better every time.

Can't wait.

_________
    Currently in casual mode!
    Playing: Few FPS games.

Watching: Albion Online: Summer alpha was great, but the game seems to be progressing towards heavy instancing.

Always hating on instances in MMOs! Open worlds, open PvP, territory control and housing please. More persistence, more fun.

• bingo69bingo69 Rouyn-Noranda, QCPosts: 203Member

The graphic are decent.. this way many ppl with low end computer can still play it. Of course, if  it would be possible to have a ihgh end graphic for this game, it would even be better.

BUt the biggets problem is realy the animation and spell effect... Otherwise, maybe I'll have some fun in DFUW, hoping there won't be a bad launch like the first one.

• xpiherxpiher Indianapolis, INPosts: 3,311Member
    Originally posted by Rockniss
    Can't wait to read about this game after it releases. I am so tempted by it, but unfortunately for all games anymore its just going to be a wait and see especially after getting burned by swtor and to some extent GW2. This has some cool features I can see but it also has some buyer beware written all over it. Smart buyer just holds onto thier money for a few months and get some real hype/reviews.

If you don't like dying and losing your stuff DF:UW isn't for you. To get a feel for how the game is going to play, to some basic extent, youtube siege videos from DFO

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher

Originally posted by bingo69

BUt the biggets problem is realy the animation and spell effect... Otherwise, maybe I'll have some fun in DFUW, hoping there won't be a bad launch like the first one.

Regarding these effects you have to remember that they did spell effect updates to the old game, too.

I guess it's just not of a very high priority so far. Once the game is launched, the first couple of emergeny patches came out etc... they will probably take some time to improve the spell effects, which indeed look partially worse than in the original (patched up) DF.

• xenomonk6xenomonk6 burleson, TXPosts: 10Member
    everyone please vote yes for this game on steam greenlight!!
  • ZheketriZheketri Edmonton, ABPosts: 22Member Uncommon

Darkfall always reminded me of Morrowind (if it had been an online game.)

Though there were many things in the details I didn't like about it.

I'm hoping Unholy Wars will shore up the problems I had with it. I really want a fantasy sandbox.

• OnigodOnigod Noord-HollandPosts: 688Member
    Originally posted by Ahnilator

But fireballs and such coming from a wooden stick is normal?