Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Darkfall on Steam Greenlight

Comments

• GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    I vote YES!  Hellz yeah..

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333

What is Steam Greenlight ?

I hope i don't need it to get DF UW ?  (they mentionedi need to have an account on a 3party site )

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• causscauss Member UncommonPosts: 666
    Originally posted by DarthRaiden

I hope i don't need it to get DF UW ?  (they mentionedi need to have an account on a 3party site )

Steam Greenlight is part of Steam. Steam Greenlight offers developers a chance to be selected by Steam users to be sold on Steam. If a develop gets enough votes, they get 'greenlit'. When greenlit, it means the developer can prepare their game to be available on Steam.

• PsyMike3dPsyMike3d Member UncommonPosts: 388

ohhh yeah!!!!

Voted yes of course!

I'm sure that if DF will be released on Steam, the population will go even higher than we believe!

Well Done AV!!!

• UzikUzik Member UncommonPosts: 281
    Finally!

(Uzik ibnYaraq in game. Always willing to help.)
    http://www.youtube.com/user/UzikAlJhamin

• PanossianPanossian Member Posts: 94
    Vote this NAO!

Current Game FFXIV (Cactuar)
    Looking for 1 healer for 8 mans.

• zimikezimike Member UncommonPosts: 160
    Got my vote in!
  • HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045
    Nice
  • ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Made it a vote for you guys. Not sure if I'll buy it, because in 2 year with DF3 we might have to buy a new game from AV :p
    Originally posted by Reizla
    Made it a vote for you guys. Not sure if I'll buy it, because in 2 year with DF3 we might have to buy a new game from AV :p

ohh Really?!........

• SysFailSysFail Member Posts: 375
    Hopefully it will get on there. 
  • CecropiaCecropia Member RarePosts: 3,985

My guess is that you'll have the option to purchase DF:UW on steam but it won't be a requirement.

Anyways, they got my vote, and it would be great to see the game on steam.

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556
    Show your support for indie devs making classic MMOs guys! You old UO players, you EQ players, even if you don't like Darkfall, you should still support what AV is doing!
  • XarnthalXarnthal Member Posts: 130
    Originally posted by DavisFlight
    Show your support for indie devs making classic MMOs guys! You old UO players, you EQ players, even if you don't like Darkfall, you should still support what AV is doing!

Agreed.

Voted Yes because this game will be better than 99% of the games on steam.

Sennheiser
    Assist
    Thage

Voted Yes because this game will be better than 99% of the games on steam.

99.999%

• CecropiaCecropia Member RarePosts: 3,985
    Originally posted by OG_Zorvan

No, we shouldn't.

You show support to indy devs by buying good indy games and letting the chaff fall to the bottom where it belongs.

This crap is like trying to show support for FPS games by voting for Daikatana.

So you're not enjoying your time in DF:UW? What did you think of the new features? I can't seem to play yet so I would love to hear your opinion.

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556
    Originally posted by OG_Zorvan

No, we shouldn't.

You show support to indy devs by buying good indy games and letting the chaff fall to the bottom where it belongs.

This crap is like trying to show support for FPS games by voting for Daikatana.

How is Darkfall not a good indie game? It does far more than most AAA MMOs have managed to do in the last 8 years. You can not like FFA PVP, but it doesn't make Darkfall a bad game. The only real critical design flaw, the skill system, is entirely gone in the new version, so if THAT was why you disliked Darkfall, all the more reason to support AV for fixing their mistake.

• UzikUzik Member UncommonPosts: 281

GSO

Get Steamed on Bitches!

(Uzik ibnYaraq in game. Always willing to help.)
    http://www.youtube.com/user/UzikAlJhamin

• localhero95localhero95 Member Posts: 16
    go vote people. I voted! 
  • CrazyCronusCrazyCronus Member UncommonPosts: 47
    Great news for DF, this means more advertising, which means more people, which means more pvp - Go Vote!!
  • NizurNizur Member CommonPosts: 1,417
    Sweet! Voted!

Current: None
    Played: WoW, CoX, SWG, LotRO, EVE, AoC, VG, CO, Ryzom, DF, WAR
    Tried: Lineage2, Dofus, EQ2, CoS, FE, UO, Wurm, Wakfu
    Future: The Repopulation, ArcheAge, Black Desert, EQN

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

The trend now days is a sickening one,everyoen seems to be tied into Facebook and that is the last outfit i would ever support,i have no need for FB what so ever.

Steam i have some issues with ,however there is an upside,it is a free place to store all your games,don't feel like playing one ,delete it anmd Steam keeps it for you to D/l at some later time.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• gravesworngravesworn Member Posts: 324
    Steam would be a perfe,t venue for DF:UWs. It would be a good plublicity for a niche game that a lot of people have never heard of.
  • JayFiveAliveJayFiveAlive Member UncommonPosts: 601
    Is there anyway to see how well it's doing? I'd love sooo much to have this on Steam. Either way, I shall buy it@
  • NiburuNiburu Member UncommonPosts: 402
    Originally posted by JayFiveAlive
    Is there anyway to see how well it's doing? I'd love sooo much to have this on Steam. Either way, I shall buy it@

Voting was one of the minor problems the DF community had, as you can see here.