Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Darkfall: Unholy Wars: Brawler School, Skirmisher Role Video

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Aventurine Studios has released a new trailer to show off the Skirmisher role from the Brawler School in Darkfall: Unholy Wars. The video features Skirmisher game play and is narrated by writer Al Stellakis.

As you can also see in the video, the Brawlers' competitive advantage is his maneuverability and endurance. They quickly move in and out of combat, dodge attacks and take advantage of their surroundings better than any other role can.

What is not apparent in the video is the high mana and stamina consumption, along with the serious cooldowns, but as with every other school there are compromises to be made.

NEW!

In addition, our own Paragus has let us know that Darkfall: Unholy Wars is now on Steam Greenlight. Read more about why Aventurine made this choice on the Darkfall: Unholy Wars blog.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410
    we wants it...we needs it...to hold it, to keep it safe...precious...
  • ShortyBibleShortyBible Member UncommonPosts: 409
    Thanks. Looks very interesting. Looking forward to playing this game.
  • RaapnaapRaapnaap Member UncommonPosts: 455
    Looking good. A high mobility class has a lot of potential for PvP. I'll likely use this as my secondary at launch.

The Steam publishing has been long requested by the community. It came as a surprise that they finally listed themselves on it. A good step in the right direction in terms of marketting.
  • naljejanaljeja Member Posts: 94
    This is very good
  • RocknissRockniss Member Posts: 1,034
    Can't wait to read about this game after it releases. I am so tempted by it, but unfortunately for all games anymore its just going to be a wait and see especially after getting burned by swtor and to some extent GW2. This has some cool features I can see but it also has some buyer beware written all over it. Smart buyer just holds onto thier money for a few months and get some real hype/reviews.
  • bunnyhopperbunnyhopper Member CommonPosts: 2,751
    Originally posted by Jakdstripper
    we wants it...we needs it...to hold it, to keep it safe...precious...

"Come and have a look at what you could have won."

• Mad+DogMad+Dog Member UncommonPosts: 780

At last a good sandbox game.

Any one whos fed up of tab target WoW clones should check this out at release.

• gravesworngravesworn Member Posts: 324
    I am still waiting to see at least one of the priest role videos. They seem pretty secretive of it or maybe they havent got it balanced enough to show it off yet.
  • AhnilatorAhnilator Member UncommonPosts: 81
    Arrows coming out from an invisible quiver... Very interesting...

• DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982
    This game comes out in 2 weeks. How much is this game going to cost? How much is the monthly fee?
  • LizardEgyptLizardEgypt Member UncommonPosts: 333

It gets better every video. Aventurine is proving they can grow up a little bit and open up. This game still won't appeal to everyone, but that's fine as long as they can produce a more appealing sandbox that with some success could open a much brighter market for MMOs in the future.

Loved the first one, I'm sure I'll love this one as well. Everyone who likes MMOs should support this game and greenlight it on steam even if it's not their cup of tea, Darkfall has a ton of persistant features that could benefit every game if they're recognised.

Currently playing - FF14ARR
    Previous games - SWG, World of Warcraft, ShadowBane, Warhammer, Age of Conan, Darkfall, Planetside Asheron's Call, Everquest, Everquest 2, Too many.

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283
    mmodad it hink 30 and probly 15 ish for the sub
  • rmk70rmk70 Member UncommonPosts: 408
    Every time I watch a DF video I feel like I'm back in the 90s... 
  • XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    ye, reminds me of Rune :)
  • DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556
    Originally posted by rmk70
    Every time I watch a DF video I feel like I'm back in the 90s... 

Well, that was the MMO Golden Age so, that's a good thing.

• NoobkilarNoobkilar Member Posts: 175
    Interesting class, seems I will be trying this!
  • Adam1902Adam1902 Member UncommonPosts: 537

Another awesome looking gameplay video, they get better every time.

Can't wait.

_________
    Currently playing: Black Desert Korea (Waiting for EU)

Always hating on instances in MMOs! Open worlds, open PvP, territory control and housing please. More persistence, more fun.

• bingo69bingo69 Member UncommonPosts: 195

The graphic are decent.. this way many ppl with low end computer can still play it. Of course, if  it would be possible to have a ihgh end graphic for this game, it would even be better.

BUt the biggets problem is realy the animation and spell effect... Otherwise, maybe I'll have some fun in DFUW, hoping there won't be a bad launch like the first one.

• xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310
    Originally posted by Rockniss
    Can't wait to read about this game after it releases. I am so tempted by it, but unfortunately for all games anymore its just going to be a wait and see especially after getting burned by swtor and to some extent GW2. This has some cool features I can see but it also has some buyer beware written all over it. Smart buyer just holds onto thier money for a few months and get some real hype/reviews.

If you don't like dying and losing your stuff DF:UW isn't for you. To get a feel for how the game is going to play, to some basic extent, youtube siege videos from DFO

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• xenomonk6xenomonk6 Member UncommonPosts: 10
    everyone please vote yes for this game on steam greenlight!!
  • ZheketriZheketri Member UncommonPosts: 23

Darkfall always reminded me of Morrowind (if it had been an online game.)

Though there were many things in the details I didn't like about it.

I'm hoping Unholy Wars will shore up the problems I had with it. I really want a fantasy sandbox.

• OnigodOnigod Member UncommonPosts: 756
    Originally posted by Ahnilator
    Arrows coming out from an invisible quiver... Very interesting...

But fireballs and such coming from a wooden stick is normal?

• KasmosKasmos Member UncommonPosts: 593
    Originally posted by Rockniss

Only thing to realize is that launch is going to be the craziest, most awesomely insane time there is.

I was there on day one of EU-1 launch of Darkfall 1.0. It was absolute insanity; people fighting over city and hamlet plots, massive open-world PvP battles happening everywhere, and the awe of exploring a brand new world and finding secret locations and mobs.

I'll be there no matter what on launch day, I'd highly recommend you do the same.

• cosycosy Member UncommonPosts: 3,228
    this seams quite OP

BestSigEver :P

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    Originally posted by cosy
    this seams quite OP

Well, when you combine this with what we have seen from all the other classes then it looks like people are going to be flying in the air all over.  New CoH?