Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GW2 - My parting words

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Sioux City, IAPosts: 3,828Member Common

Originally posted by VendettaDFA
    I am sure their legal department realized 60 dollars is less than a class action suit for fraud. Win or lose they have to divert resources and payroll to deal with it.
    Based on what?

Was the game you purchased the game they promised? Don't go to the "They made changes, WAHHHHH!" argument. Won't hold up in ANY court of law. Name me ONE MMO that has never made gameplay changes. Just ONE.

You are a thief. You bought a game, played AND enjoyed it. They made changes. Now you feel "justified" in playing the game you enjoyed for free. You have mastered the "rationalization" skill to the max.

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.

• SirFubarSirFubar SeoulPosts: 397Member
    Well the OP ask for a refund for a game that didn't change whatsoever from when it was advertise. He played from lvl 1 to whatever level with a vertical progression and ask for a refund when they added a little bit more progression that nearly doesn't change anything to 99% of the content? It's his choice, I don't feel lied to by arenanet by any means and I couldn't care less about the new gear since it doesn't change anything in the way I play the game and doesn't change the fact that I can still beat the people who think the ascended gear is so OP. Sure the new gear could have been introduced a lot better than what they did, but hey who doesn't make any mistake? It's your problem if you preferred to quit instead of waiting and see how things goes. I have full confidence in Anet and they will only change for the best.
  • django-djangodjango-django ElthamPosts: 115Member
    Meh, I played GW2 on day 1 with all the bugs present, put a decent amount of time into the game and sure I enjoyed the game for the time I did and sure enough he excitment died off and I stopped playing. But I also knew what I was getting myself into, I read all about the game and what I was going to expect. For what I played, I simply can't understand how it was such a dissapointment that people are actually demanding a refund for it, sure I don't play anymore, but I enjoyed the game for it was and the initial experience, I'm sure I will re-visit it later.
  • Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Den HelderPosts: 9,089Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by loeslein

I think GW2 is a mediorce game but next time just say "Your economy sucks and I don't like gear progression." and leave it at that.

They'll get the point a lot better.

And I think it's hilarious Anet is giving refunds for people who have prob played days and days worth of game time lol. 

I think its sad, people abusing stupid laws to fund their owneconnomy, if they could prove the hours he played they would have won before any judge

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• AmanaAmana New York, NYPosts: 2,861Moderator Uncommon
    Locked thread because it had become nothing but an attack on the OP.

To give feedback on moderation, contact

This discussion has been closed.