Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

mysterious wave of suspension

speedyfoxspeedyfox Member Posts: 19

an awesome game with a bad administration, has not bought the game a month and my account was mysteriously suspended and they do not say anything, lately there has been a wave of suspension of accounts without reason or explanation, the game is good buy at your own risk I sent a ticket and they replied as follows:

"We are in the process of Investigating this issue for you and you Should receive an update as soon as we have more information to provide. We may need more time if you contacted us on the weekend or holiday, but someone will respond to this support ticket as soon as possible.

Regards,

Harry

NCsoft Account Support "

Comments

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    Have any data to back up the "mysterious wave of suspension"?

• IndromeIndrome Member UncommonPosts: 292

I think  I have a spare... let me see.

*reaches into his pocket and hands over a little bag of patience*

Are you intentionally TRYING to be mad at ArenaNet for something? Oo

• SwankdSwankd Member UncommonPosts: 243
    It doesn't make them bad people for doing this to your account. They could have possibly just stopped a hacker from accessing your account or was notified of strange activity concerning your account.  With the huge amount of accounts getting hacked these days, companies really have to start keeping their customers' accounts as safe as possible.

• speedyfoxspeedyfox Member Posts: 19

yes I'm angry at ArenaNet they suspended my account for no apparent reason I know the rules of the game have never done anything to have my account suspended, tried to log into the game and got this message, I live outside the United States, here the game costs 2x more ,more taxes... I actually spent some money in the game, I'm not crazy to break the game's rules.

I know that a suspension is not permanent but I sent a ticket already and until now I had no more answers and I'm very careful with my account I never give my personal data for Nobody.

• ButeoRegalisButeoRegalis Member UncommonPosts: 594
    Yep, could be your account was used for spamming. Maybe it even got hacked? Or you used an in-game name that's offensive? Lots of possible legit reasons for suspension.

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748
    Originally posted by speedyfox
    yes I'm angry at ArenaNet they suspended my account for no apparent reason I know the rules of the game have never done anything to have my account suspended, tried to log into the game and got this message, I live outside the United States, here the game costs 2x more ,more taxes... I actually spent some money in the game, I'm not crazy to break the game's rules

They never suspend accounts for no reason. Maybe there's no reason apparent to you, or maybe there's something you're not telling us, we don't know... but I guarantee there's a reason, be it right or wrong.

Now... let's think this through logically. The message says for an account issue. First question... where'd you buy your game code from? ANet directly or a third party discount place, or something else? 

Oderint, dum metuant.

Originally posted by Volkon
    yes I'm angry at ArenaNet they suspended my account for no apparent reason I know the rules of the game have never done anything to have my account suspended, tried to log into the game and got this message, I live outside the United States, here the game costs 2x more ,more taxes... I actually spent some money in the game, I'm not crazy to break the game's rules

They never suspend accounts for no reason. Maybe there's no reason apparent to you, or maybe there's something you're not telling us, we don't know... but I guarantee there's a reason, be it right or wrong.

Now... let's think this through logically. The message says for an account issue. First question... where'd you buy your game code from? ANet directly or a third party discount place, or something else? 

ANet directly with an international card

• VoqarVoqar Member UncommonPosts: 510

ANet is pretty rigid with enforcement and it's kind of unlikely that someone would ADMIT to violating the TOS or whatever.  ANet puts the smack down for things many games do not (which I love) and well beyond blatant exploiting and cheating.  For ex:

You get banned for your 1st naming violation (might've been pet, guild, or character name), for ex.

You can get banned for inappropriate chat use.

If you are basing your expectations upon other games, you might wanna check out ANets TOS and rules a bit more deeply since you may not have even realized you did something ban-worthy.

Premium MMORPGs do not feature built-in cheating via cash for gold pay 2 win. PLAY to win or don't play.

International card? I'm not exactly sure what that is... but is it possible that card itself has issues? Was there any charge-backs or transactions that failed to process? If the payment didn't go through properly you could expect this type of message for example. (I was at first wondering if it was a key issue, hence the original question.)

Basically, can you verify, with certainty, that ANet was paid in full for the game and that the transaction wasn't reversed? (Best to be prepared with this info, just in case.)

Oderint, dum metuant.

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by Arcondo87
    [mod edit]

It is NOT a joke. They take the game serious. Your answer is just plain hogwash to feed the 'HATE MACHINE' . I guess you needed to be a negative nancy and rant rather then actually thinking there may be something going on.

If there was a mistake, they will fix it. They have the same turn around time on items as Trion or Blizzard does with their sub games.

• VoqarVoqar Member UncommonPosts: 510
    [mod edit]

Getting banned for exploiting doesn't make ANet a joke.  As a player you have a choice when you find a bug or exploit.  Report it, or abuse it.  ANet bans you if you abuse it.  Seems completely reasonable to me.  Too many players think games are about getting away with everything and anything you can get away with and blaming the devs for everything.  Coding games is complex and bugs and stuff WILL happen, period.  It's up to you how you react, and it's up to them how they handle abusers.  ANets policies on how they handle abusers are no secret.

I'm upset with ANet over various issues, like not sticking to their original design and manifesto.  Like, real and significant issues.

Exploiters and cheaters crying because they got punished for abusing the game is a non issue, or, something to celebrate and be happy about.  I don't want to be in a game surrounded by cheaters or people with the mentality of abuse everything you can to get ahead.  Play the game (the right way) or go away.

Premium MMORPGs do not feature built-in cheating via cash for gold pay 2 win. PLAY to win or don't play.

• trenshodtrenshod Member UncommonPosts: 128
    If I were suspened for no apparent reason I think I would be a bit upset as well. Considering Anet likes to throw the ban hammer around on a regular basis.
  • killion81killion81 Member UncommonPosts: 995
    Maybe they though the bot or hack software you were using provided you with an unfair advantage over other players?
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    [mod edit]

Are you claiming people are getting banned for reporting bugs?  Or are they finding them but not reporting them?  Or are tehy reporting them but continuing to exploit?

International card? I'm not exactly sure what that is... but is it possible that card itself has issues? Was there any charge-backs or transactions that failed to process? If the payment didn't go through properly you could expect this type of message for example. (I was at first wondering if it was a key issue, hence the original question.)

Basically, can you verify, with certainty, that ANet was paid in full for the game and that the transaction wasn't reversed? (Best to be prepared with this info, just in case.)

the bill not yet arrived at my house but I can access it through the website and it appears a debt in dollars by pay pal $ 59.99

Originally posted by trenshod
    If I were suspened for no apparent reason I think I would be a bit upset as well. Considering Anet likes to throw the ban hammer around on a regular basis.

thanks for understanding me

• BoldynBoldyn Member Posts: 265

I, must say, that there is, something, with your post, that makes it, hard to read, but, I am not sure, what it is, any ideas?

• RazperilRazperil Member Posts: 289

an awesome game with a bad administration, has not bought the game a month and my account was mysteriously suspended and they do not say anything, lately there has been a wave of suspension of accounts without reason or explanation, the game is good buy at your own risk I sent a ticket and they replied as follows:

"We are in the process of Investigating this issue for you and you Should receive an update as soon as we have more information to provide. We may need more time if you contacted us on the weekend or holiday, but someone will respond to this support ticket as soon as possible.

Regards,

Harry

NCsoft Account Support "

Clearly you did something wrong regardless of what you think otherwise.. How many of your kind post these topics for outcry? I have been with NCsoft for quite a long time and not "once" have I ever had problems with them. Don't tell me I'm just lucky either. "You reap what you sow", is how the saying says :)

Originally posted by Boldyn

I, must say, that there is, something, with your post, that makes it, hard to read, but, I am not sure, what it is, any ideas?

I am using a translator I do not speak English but here was one of the only places I found to express myself. sorry.

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363

the bill not yet arrived at my house but I can access it through the website and it appears a debt in dollars by pay pal $ 59.99

Make sure your Pay Pal is not the issue. Pay Pal has had huge issues recently with hacks and hijaking accounts. Did you buy the European version of the game or the American version? If you are in Europe and got the American - that may be the issue.

Also, take a screen cap of the Website and add it to your report to A.Net. That will help.

• barackus28barackus28 Member Posts: 41
    Thats funny. I got the game on launch day, played for 3 days. Havent touched it since, I tried loggin in 2 days ago and I got a similar message escept mine said something about my account being terminated because I didnt follow the code of conduct or some crap. So I shut it down and probably wont open it again. Cool to see others getting this stuff. Have fun.
    Originally posted by Razperil

Regards,

Harry

NCsoft Account Support "

Clearly you did something wrong regardless of what you think otherwise.. How many of your kind post these topics for outcry? I have been with NCsoft for quite a long time and not "once" have I ever had problems with them. Don't tell me I'm just lucky either. "You reap what you sow", is how the saying says :)

I play ncsoft games  for some time also I have an account on aion and lineage 2 never had problem

Wait a minute... in red there (and hard to see) is says "Naming policy". 

What are/were your character names?

Oderint, dum metuant.

• DkompozeDkompoze Member UncommonPosts: 245

It says account issue because there was an issue withiin the account, that doesnt really mean it has something to do with the purchase or key or credit card, it could be a jillion possible reasons. It could be a third party program,, hack,glitching,exploiting,offensive language or behavior,buying gold,selling gold and all of these have to do with the "account".

It could be somebody reported him/her for something serious,doesnt mean he did anything, and they are just temp suspending while they investigate it.

A buddy of mine got a 48 hour suspension for calling some guy a "dick" in chat, so it doesnt take much with arena net.

Majority of the time there is a reason,maybe he didnt do anything but chances are he did, whether it was something small to something big.

Originally posted by botrytis

Make sure your Pay Pal is not the issue. Pay Pal has had huge issues recently with hacks and hijaking accounts. Did you buy the European version of the game or the American version? If you are in Europe and got the American - that may be the issue.

Also, take a screen cap of the Website and add it to your report to A.Net. That will help.

I live in america bought the American version, i will do what you told me