Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria: Patch v5.1 'Landfall' Now Live

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Blizzard has announced that the latest update to World of Warcraft has arrived. v5.1 "Landfall" brings many significant features into the game including new daily quests, two new reputations, the Brawler's Guild, item upgrades and more. Blizzard has published the official patch notes on the WoW site for further information.

Legendary Quest

Wrathion has taken a keen interest in the events along the coast of the Krasarang Wilds. Those that have aided the Black Prince in the past will now have new quests to complete as they advance Wrathion’s agenda for Pandaria and their own progress toward Legendary power.

Read the full patch notes on the World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    I like some of these systems Blizzard utilyzes.  Item upgrading sounds sweet but alas I will never return because I lost all passion for tab target combat.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• CoolitCoolit Member UncommonPosts: 661

more dalies to grind.....

Looks like a decent patch otherwise even though I dont play WoW anymore.

• SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360
    More like Grindfall...
    If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
  • JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,679

Queue the non-playing haters.....

Commenting on something new in the game when you're not even experiencing it? Just populist, bandwagon comments. Wow is always an easy target, most successful things in life are. Born out of jealousy, or the need to be seen as the cool kid who has moved onto to something "better".

Well if you have - let it go. Don't come on here like a forever spurned lover, truly move on.

Me - trying MoP out. I'll play it until it feels like time for something else, then move on without the emotional baggage that too many seem to have with the game. Also playing a couple of others, and same goes for those. Just games after all.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Originally posted by JudgeUK

Queue the non-playing haters.....

Commenting on something new in the game when you're not even experiencing it? Just populist, bandwagon comments. Wow is always an easy target, most successful things in life are. Born out of jealousy, or the need to be seen as the cool kid who has moved onto to something "better".

Well if you have - let it go. Don't come on here like a forever spurned lover, truly move on.

Me - trying MoP out. I'll play it until it feels like time for something else, then move on without the emotional baggage that too many seem to have with the game. Also playing a couple of others, and same goes for those. Just games after all.

The word is "Critics" Judge, they don't hate the game.  The idea of a forum is to read other viewpoints on a game.  If you don't want to see others opinions then don't read the forum.

This expansion cannot entice me to go back.  The way they messed up the talent system is not to my liking.  There is no challenge to Wow any more.

• RocknissRockniss Member Posts: 1,034
    Lots of nice features with this patch and a nice convienience feature with pre mist solo entry raid, did you really want to go drag someone around with you while you farm your favorite transmog ? Offer up an invite to guildies and if you get no takers proceed with your goals regardless, very nice.
  • BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

I got MoP for 20$ this past weekend, got my Ele/Resto shaman up to 87 during 10 day free trial of MoP which was quite fun in the new zones, but I'm rolling a new Warrior on a new server (for new players) and am level 18 now and having a blasty blast.

I really like a lot of the changes to the Warrior in regards to stances and rage generation.

There is simply so much content in WoW to chew through.

The combat was a bit of a drag at first after playing so much GW2 and some TERA... but now that I've got almost a bar full of skills again it's just as fun as I remember from years past.

New talents themselves are fun and interesting, I just wish I had 80+ points to spend in a tree rather than the moron-proof A/B/C system in there now...

• MuppetierMuppetier Member UncommonPosts: 279
    Originally posted by Rockniss
    Lots of nice features with this patch and a nice convienience feature with pre mist solo entry raid, did you really want to go drag someone around with you while you farm your favorite transmog ? Offer up an invite to guildies and if you get no takers proceed with your goals regardless, very nice.

And with the BWL change I can finally get pass Razorgore to go after the Nemesis Set I deleted many years ago.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,905
    I'd probably buy MoP for $20 if it came with a free month.  But $35 for one month of the game just isn't worth it to me, especially since I want to transfer my main character to a different server and that will cost another $25.  What a scam their transfer and race change fees are.
  • MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    Originally posted by Muppetier

And with the BWL change I can finally get pass Razorgore to go after the Nemesis Set I deleted many years ago.

so what have they done to Razorgore atm? (not subbed to WOW atm :) )

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• KareliaKarelia Member Posts: 668

nice patch and nice axpansion in general.

even after 8 years its still the best thing out there.

• RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238

This got me to pick up WoW again as well. God dammit Blizzard!

• MuppetierMuppetier Member UncommonPosts: 279
    Originally posted by Muke
    Originally posted by Muppetier

so what have they done to Razorgore atm? (not subbed to WOW atm :) )

Have not had a chance to try yet, but the main change seems to be he can smash the eggs quicker. Now the fight should be hard but possible for all classes to solo.

• stealthbrstealthbr Member UncommonPosts: 1,054

"If this is your first night at Brawler's Guild, you have to fight."

• Arcondo87Arcondo87 Member Posts: 94
    they can do whatever they want this guy who played for 6+ years wont ever be returning back....the game is just sooo....rinse and repeat...more so than others. Everything is a compleat copy or other things. Expansions add "new" content and all it is, is rehased mobs that you seen in the original or past expansion just bigger and a diff color....also the graphics r now dated to me. Only enjoyment i get is picking on my GF who still plays it :p This game has brainwashed her and now she looks at any other game mmo or not as garbage and not worth her time.
  • MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988
    Originally posted by Coolit

more dalies to grind.....

Looks like a decent patch otherwise even though I dont play WoW anymore.

I laughed when this was 1st in the patch Notes.

• Mors.MagneMors.Magne Member UncommonPosts: 1,549

WoW is ok escapism initially, but it's the dailies that kill it for me. Any kind of repetition reminds me of the worst kind of task at work.

When you look at the evolution of computer games in general, we have not moved on since 2003. Only the graphics have got a bit better.

I think we are all waiting for VR perhaps.