Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Interview] MechWarrior Online: Bitchin’ Betty Returns

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

A big new update with land on MechWarrior Online servers today that will bring some fantastic customization options to players as well as the return of Bitchin' Betty. We caught up with Piranha Games' Russ Bullock to talk about the update. See what we discovered and then leave us your thoughts in the comments.

Yesterday we spoke to Russ Bullock, the president of Piranha Games. Russ explained that MechWarrior always has “more” to work with. He stressed the word more because with history, customization, lore and battle scenarios the possiibilities are infinite. One of the main areas Russ talked about was how important it is for a player’s mech to stand out from the crowd. To give people enough options that really make their warriors personal. The team is introducing a huge customization system into the game which gives players limitless options. 

Read more of Garrett Fuller's MechWarrior Online: Bitchin' Betty Returns.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• SkyllzSkyllz Member Posts: 24

Been playing the beta for quite a while, really enjoying myself even if i'm not in a clan or any pre-mades.

All those features are nice but one single feature will make this game much better... a freaking AFK vote/kick/no XP or cbills option or something like that. Every freaking game there is one or 2 AFKs, sometimes 2 in a single team, it really screws up the balance from the get go and becomes an almost sure loss.

I'm sure there is a way to check how much movement the mech did, fired any weapons, did or receive any damage...

• jannisary88jannisary88 Member UncommonPosts: 7
    Pls send us more customization .Maybe we see own designed camos in next patch.
  • david361107david361107 Member UncommonPosts: 279
    It's a fun game and i'm impressed for it being in beta.
  • AirVengeanceAirVengeance Member Posts: 6
    Games is ok at best. lack of game modes and maps get's real boring. I just wish they would add more content then this game would be awesome.
  • TheCrow2kTheCrow2k Member Posts: 953
    MWO is so much fun. I've been playing since early open Beta & am surprised in not bored yet, I still get at least a couple hours of MWO in every day.

Been looking forward to this update. Now they just need to punish afkers/overheat suiciders ( not legit overheats), tweak ssrm's (too powerfull now), tweak PPC's (other weapons do its job better) and for the love of Kerensky drop the damn heat on AC20's to a sensible level.

• clr043clr043 Member UncommonPosts: 1

For me MWO is one of the best games this year. Being a dev myself for more than 15 years I'd really like to congratulate the dev team as this game has been one of the most frequently updated games I've ever played (and I've played lots of f2p- and sub mmos in the last few years) - and these updates aren't just minor updates but almost always improve the experience and add new content. I agree that there are still loads of stuff to fix and improve but they're on the right track to do that in the very near future.

I'd also like to point out that unlike other greedy f2p- and freemium models out there (especially those from bigger companies) this model is very agreeable being absolutely no pay-to-win and focusing on minor convinience- and (after yesterday's patch) visual content. I really hope it stays that way in the future.

The gaming community seems to be much better- and mature than other f2p- and fps games.

As for the afk vote/kick/no XP - I think instead of voting a ready check with 20/30 seconds timeout would be nice at the start of the match and if there's no response from a player (s)he would be removed from the match and a new player could be added in the first 60 seconds of the game. 'Hotjoining' later might raise new balance issues but disconnected people and those away with sudden real life issues could be filtered this way. It'd also be nice to add a 1. cancel search for match button 2. on ready check a remove myself from match button so that players can leave the match at start and can be quickly replaced by new players. In-match and out-of-match chat feature improvements would also be nice so we can socialize better.

Keep up the good work devs and we keep on playing- and supporting you :)

• TithenonTithenon Member UncommonPosts: 113

I have played MWO, and it's a magnificent game, already.  Most games are released with far-less preparatory work and a lot more glitches than this game has.  I haven't played in a while, but not because of the game, and with this news I'm very seriously thinking about playing in my Founder's account again, if it's still there.  I love my Cat...

~Colonel Kay Wolf, Armageddon Unlimited, retired