Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

flight sim mmo

knightfall98knightfall98 Member UncommonPosts: 64
here is a question would you play a mmo flight simulator? and I am not talking about just shooting people down I mean started from the basics like a real pilot taxing to flying formation and eventually getting to shooting things down. i dont know how pvp would work but lets assumine that there arent hp a beginners weapons setup are just as good as someone that is a fourstar generals so they could shoot them down although not likely.

Comments

• HelleriHelleri Member UncommonPosts: 930
    Asking me to be on board with that, Feels like it is the same as asking me to Not play World of Warplanes, once WarGaming releases it....and ima play the hell outa that.

• knightfall98knightfall98 Member UncommonPosts: 64

hmm why cant I edit the poll I made that... any ways it should be skilled based, a 4 star general is just as durable as a recruit

ok heres the correct poll sorry about the mixup
  • CalmOceansCalmOceans Member UncommonPosts: 2,437
    I'll be the drunk air hostess who spills drinks over everyone.
  • TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088
    I guess you haven't played WW2online.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• Saur0nSaur0n Member UncommonPosts: 114

SWG had awsome space combat.  It's the #1 thing I miss most.

• FreezzoFreezzo Member UncommonPosts: 235
    Originally posted by CalmOceans
    I'll be the drunk air hostess who spills drinks over everyone.

Can I take my shirt off in the back?

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." - John F. Kennedy
    And for MMORPGs ever so true...

• dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699

Flight Sims can be very complicated.  Many of them require you to read the manual and actually learn a bit about aeronautics.  Most modern mmorpg players are not willing to do that.

Maybe if you greatly simplify it so it plays more like an action style flight game then it would have a chance.

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

• SatchoSatcho Member UncommonPosts: 34

http://warthunder.ru/en/

There you go -- supposedly arcade or realistic flight styles will be available and pitched against each other. Looks good...  

yeah ww 2 planes are a dime a dozen what about jets f-18s and such
  • h0dg1k1ll3rh0dg1k1ll3r Member Posts: 1
    I dont know how many of you are old enough to remember it, but the only really great, popular, and (mostly)  realistic flight sim I've played was Strike Commander (1993, Origin Systems).  You played a mercenary, and your gun ammo was unlimited, so that became your primary weapon.  The aircraft health system was quite similar to that on War Thunder, you received some money for each target destroyed, and you had to take off manually using the basics, flap, airbrake, wheelbrake, etc.  Everytime you lost a plane, it cost big bucks-lose 10 in the game and your base gets shut down.  Getting an air kill was relatively difficullt, and it was easier to shoot someone down w/guns than w/missiles.  All guided weapons were VERY expensive (100,000 for a guided bomb, 60,000 for a missile which only locked onto the rear of a plane), and whatever actually fit on the same plane in real life is what fit on yours.
  • Squeak69Squeak69 Member UncommonPosts: 959
    Originally posted by h0dg1k1ll3r
    I dont know how many of you are old enough to remember it, but the only really great, popular, and (mostly)  realistic flight sim I've played was Strike Commander (1993, Origin Systems).  You played a mercenary, and your gun ammo was unlimited, so that became your primary weapon.  The aircraft health system was quite similar to that on War Thunder, you received some money for each target destroyed, and you had to take off manually using the basics, flap, airbrake, wheelbrake, etc.  Everytime you lost a plane, it cost big bucks-lose 10 in the game and your base gets shut down.  Getting an air kill was relatively difficullt, and it was easier to shoot someone down w/guns than w/missiles.  All guided weapons were VERY expensive (100,000 for a guided bomb, 60,000 for a missile which only locked onto the rear of a plane), and whatever actually fit on the same plane in real life is what fit on yours.

. . . . .i dont know about popular but there are a ton of realistic simulators out there several of which i own and enjoy. never heard of this one though but meh i only got into them in the last 3 years so not suprised, but unlimited anything is a turn off for me in sim games like this. ether way ill have to look into it and check it out

F2P may be the way of the future, but ya know they dont make them like they used toimage
    Proper Grammer & spelling are extra, corrections will be LOL at.