Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This is the Proof that Bioware is listening the players

Comments

• ForumPvPForumPvP Member Posts: 871

How to listen player simulator v1.0a

a)Find a baby with a lollipop

b)steal his lollipop (he starts to cry)

c)give it back (he starts to smile) and maybe gives you a hug.

Let's internet

• nate1980nate1980 Member UncommonPosts: 2,063
    To those complaining about xp,

For a game focused on the leveling experience (the story) , and with most people who quit doing so because they ran out of content, why are you all so concerned about reduced xp? Why rush through the best part of the game? I remember when it tool me 3 years to get my first 50 in DAOC and here we have people complaining about the leveling speed in SWTOR?

Get real. Beware is giving players what they want, but then people move the bar so they can keep complaining. First it was hotbars, now its xp gain, next it'll be the helmet slot people won't play over. Ridiculous.
  • DeeweDeewe Member UncommonPosts: 1,980
    Originally posted by nate1980
    To those complaining about xp,

For a game focused on the leveling experience (the story) , and with most people who quit doing so because they ran out of content, why are you all so concerned about reduced xp? Why rush through the best part of the game? I remember when it tool me 3 years to get my first 50 in DAOC and here we have people complaining about the leveling speed in SWTOR?

Get real. Beware is giving players what they want, but then people move the bar so they can keep complaining. First it was hotbars, now its xp gain, next it'll be the helmet slot people won't play over. Ridiculous.

Not sure they are giving people what they want.

We asked for less stuns in PvP and everybody agrees on Mercenary and Gunnery Trooper needed some luving. In 1.4 they increased stuns duration and nerfed even more those classes.

Now about your example, F2P players are getting XP slow... when regular players that have been asking for a XP toggle for nearly one year still don't have it.

• Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686

Always thought that a success in everything is a positive thinking. BioWare gives F2P players one thing that was asked the most. And guess what... it brings mostly negativity here.

Don't you guys see any light in the tunnel? So depressing to see so much negativity everywhere.

Don't you think that you would be more happy if you actually could see that glass is half full than half empty?

Just a suggestion of course.

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

Originally posted by Sevenstar61

Always thought that a success in everything is a positive thinking. BioWare gives F2P players one thing that was asked the most. And guess what... it brings mostly negativity here.

Don't you guys see any light in the tunnel? So depressing to see so much negativity everywhere.

Don't you think that you would be more happy if you actually could see that glass is half full than half empty?

Well the light you see isn't the resurrection of the game the end of it.

At this point the game needs a defibrillator in the way of new leads that gets a clue about:

1. Communicating with their clients
    2. Managing teams, budgets and schedules
    3. MMOs
    4. Quality and polishing
    5. R.O.I

Check their forum, there isn't any communication at all but patch notes and well PR stuff.

Originally posted by Deewe

At this point the game needs a defibrillator in the way of new leads that gets a clue about:

3. MMOs
    4. Quality and polishing
    5. R.O.I

Check their forum, there isn't any communication at all but patch notes and well PR stuff.

I am on SWTOR forum probably more than you are. And I see more than you do obviously. As I say you guys see only that glass is half empty. You would rather die than make any positive post about SWTOR.

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• KalmarthKalmarth Member Posts: 443
    Originally posted by mrgrimrpr

After finding out this news, I decided to give SWTOR one last try.

So, I  installed from my cd's, got all patched up, it got hung up on installing the patches.

Apparently I cannot install the game from the discs that I bought. Thats all it took for me to uninstall.

Do they really expect me to download 20 something gigabytes just to play? I bought the discs for a reason, because I want to save time. Unimpressive Bioware, I think i'll go play something else instead.

LOL to funny, Guess what I put in a bunch of my old mmos and I had to download patches for them, but those crafty people are not getting one over on me I refuse to play HA to them, wait I wasnt playing anyway and any mmo I will have to patch at some point, I know I will never play a game that requires a download again HA HA HA! that will show them all.

Really, I mean REALLY!

nvm
  • KalmarthKalmarth Member Posts: 443
    Originally posted by Rednecksith

Sarcasm aside, I'd still consider playing again... IF they un-nerf operatives and make them useful for something other than healing again. Otherwise, they can kiss my ass.

Play another class one that your better at :)

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by Gruug
    Originally posted by sevitoth

Get rid of the reduced xp for non-subscribers, then I'll come back.

^^^This^^^ is why I call f2p players "freeloaders". Not only do they want the free cheese, they want the sirlon steak as well...WITHOUT PAYING!

the only problem with your response is that just because one person behaves like a "freeloader" as you call it, doesnt mean all the f2p players are the same. I subbed once to get my complimentary coins ( i bought the game at launch so i was already preferred). There are a few nasty restrictions but since its not a Free to Play mmo, its a Freemium mmo, im OK with the cash shop.

Also, there are some limitations that i am very willing to buy on the cash shop but EA didnt add them in the cash shop to try and persuade players to subscribe, among those things are the credit limitation, and character slot limitation to 2 slots account wide. That means if you have 2 characters in one server you cannot create more even on a different server. I would buy more slots and unlock credit limit if available. I wont stay subbed after the month is up, but ill play as preferred and will  unlock with cartel coins ONLY things that are decent and not greedy, AS LONG AS my progression is not dampened by other non-unlockable limitations.

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584

3. MMOs
    4. Quality and polishing
    5. R.O.I

I am on SWTOR forum probably more than you are. And I see more than you do obviously. As I say you guys see only that glass is half empty. You would rather die than make any positive post about SWTOR.

I know you like the game and all but you are delusional if you think anything on this F2P is to players, what I see here is bioware had a good chance to make a really good MMO, they failed, now tey are trying to save they asses (because reputation is already gone) with a thing who prevents a player to use even the UI in full.

waht I see here is not having half xp, the problem I see here is lock all improvements, lock content, lock all things, it can't be even called freemium, is jsut a extended trial

FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • DSWBeefDSWBeef Member UncommonPosts: 789

Uhh not all of us think the game is terrible. Personally i love the story and even like huttball. See i said something nice. But dont think for a second they made F2P to help the players. They made it to save their failure of an mmo. Before f2p it was at 500k subs (and excuse me if i think thats outrageous) and dropping. With F2P they dont have to report total subs just total revenue from all the cash shop sales.  

I understand that you like the game but out of 2mil plus box/digital sales at launch only 10-30% even stayed. If they didnt got F2P their sub numbers would have dropped and dropped. Also all the negativity comes from how they implemented their F2P model. Its at most Swtor Lite or a glorified trial. Limiting actionbars (fixed), limiting xp, limiting quest rewards, not being able to buy char slots, and even restricting access to the bank. If they implemented a Aion type f2p system where the whole game is free you would see PRAISE.

Playing: FFXIV, DnL, and World of Warships
    Waiting on: Ashes of Creation

• RavingRabbidRavingRabbid Member UncommonPosts: 1,168

Sadly majority ot the  forum users on this site show nothing but negativity towards select certain games more than others. I have informed alot of  people to stay away from this website and dont frequent it as much anymore.

I also find it rather funny that people post that they wont give the game any more money or wont.....like we really care. image

All my opinions are just that..opinions. If you like my opinions..coolness.If you dont like my opinion....I really dont care.
    Playing: ESO, WOT, Smite, and Marvel Heroes

• skydiver12skydiver12 Member Posts: 432

There is a thin line between positive thinking and denial. Reading comprehension plays a large role in it, which you obviously lack if you think anyone is negative about more slots! There is feedback on more slots and handling of the situation. Negativity is for the second.

We are happy, we see lights and no one, not a single comment actually is negative about more slots.

They are negative about trying to sell an asine douchebag decision as a great "listening to players" when removing it afterwards.

You don't piss on people and tell them it's raining, stop it and then claim "the sun is shining again, am i not generious?"

It has zero to do with "half glass" logical maps or negtive thinking. It's about posting what you think about this kind of behaviour and also most post even adress how to do it better. It's just that some "positive" people can't comprehend light and shadow and just see black as soon as there is a black spot.

There is a lot of positive aspects to "negative" posts you just can see them.

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988

If they took feedback seriously the "Founder" title would have been awarded to Beta testers (as suggested back then on the official forums) and those subscribed in the 1st month not those subscribed in months 2 and 3.

If they took feedback seriously this issue would have been addressed prior to F2P launch as this issue was addressed here as well as the official forums.

• mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770
    Originally posted by skydiver12

There is a thin line between positive thinking and denial. Reading comprehension plays a large role in it, which you obviously lack if you think anyone is negative about more slots! There is feedback on more slots and handling of the situation. Negativity is for the second.

We are happy, we see lights and no one, not a single comment actually is negative about more slots.

They are negative about trying to sell an asine douchebag decision as a great "listening to players" when removing it afterwards.

You don't piss on people and tell them it's raining, stop it and then claim "the sun is shining again, am i not generious?"

It has zero to do with "half glass" logical maps or negtive thinking. It's about posting what you think about this kind of behaviour and also most post even adress how to do it better. It's just that some "positive" people can't comprehend light and shadow and just see black as soon as there is a black spot.

So true...

This made my day ;)

Some of us (still subscribed) can see how much better could this game be.

However it does not means we are blind to all PR sh*t TOR execs are throwing at us.

And still we can answer politely and explicitely:

It does not prevent us from posting... say "constructive" threads either. Ex:

cool stuff

See...

This made my day ;)

However it does not means we are blind to all PR sh*t TOR execs are throwing at us.

cool stuff

See...

Constructive posts are most welcomed. No thinking person would be against these kind of posts.

No game is perfect but none gets as much hate as SWTOR. We all know it.

Mindless hatred and negativity just for a sake of it -  is what I am talking about. 

• DurrayDurray Member UncommonPosts: 182

I came to this thread thinking:

"Maybe they are finally fixing open world PvP or even just dynamic space combat"

Instead its about extra UI bars... This is a dev listening to the playerbase?

I realise as an open world pvp'er I should not have bought this game, but they should not have made a big deal about open world pvp and Ilum back at prelaunch. Live and learn I guess :D

• AcidonAcidon Member UncommonPosts: 796
    Originally posted by Chickenshyte     I think that's your only problem with EA.

EA in of itself has dug it's own grave.   NCSoft is right up there.  SoE I dislike but can put up with (hard to hate your first, though they were Verant then).  Trion is the last great company.

Weee, another opinion no one cares about.

• NetspookNetspook Member UncommonPosts: 1,583

This made my day ;)

cool stuff

See...

Constructive posts are most welcomed. No thinking person would be against these kind of posts.

No game is perfect but none gets as much hate as SWTOR. We all know it.

Mindless hatred and negativity just for a sake of it -  is what I am talking about. 

And what about your mindless defense of the game in just about every single thread, over and over again? That's even worse, I'd say.

Criticism may lead to changes, I doubt minless fanboyism will.

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by Dahkot72

CEO says I'm cutting pay by 50% across the board.

Employees scream and threaten.

CEO says I'm not cutting pay by 50% across the board.

Employees cheer saying great CEO , he listens to us.

This isn't the way it happens.

Seriously folks , patting EA/Bioware on the back for "listening" and changing their stance on an obviously moronic decision such as the quickbard limitation shows just how low of an expectation some of you have or what you will put up with.

Bioware made a moronic decision , somewhat reversed it , and it's "proof they are listening".

No wonder we get the crap that that is sold today , the average consumer doesn't mind taking it up the ass.

cant agree more

listening ? or is just ppl leaving after playing or not event trying the f2p ?

the UI limitations were retarded

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    Originally posted by lucasdeis
    http://www.darthhater.com/articles/swtor-news/22477-preferred-status-players-receiving-two-additional

As stand for me SWTOR is best game ever created. Actually not 100% at par with wow, but for me as SW lover, more fun. Sometimes I would put on throne swtor, on other times wow or both.

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    Originally posted by JKwervo
    Originally posted by daltanious
    http://www.darthhater.com/articles/swtor-news/22477-preferred-status-players-receiving-two-additional

As stand for me SWTOR is best game ever created. Actually not 100% at par with wow, but for me as SW lover, more fun. Sometimes I would put on throne swtor, on other times wow or both.

[mod edit]

Really? And which is then best game ever? Guess you know this better then me. :-)

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    Originally posted by JKwervo

[mod edit]

Really? And which is then best game ever? Guess you know this better then me. :-)

even though its subjetive unless its like the first mmo you play it would hardly be on top list, rift is better already with better graphics, AION a 2009 game have better graphics and gameplay

FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.