Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

There are duppers and exploiters already?

DukeDuDukeDu Member Posts: 73

I was checking out the game's forum before I downloaded, and to my dismay, even though the game isn't even out yet there, it's still in closed beta, the economy is already a mess because of third party program duppers and glitch exploiters. On top of that, people already SPENT CASH on the game so there can't be a wipe or anything.

Unbelivable...

Comments

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026
    I don't know ... maybe they are the best testers to have?  At least they are proving something doesn't work :)

You stay sassy!

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015
    Originally posted by DukeDu

On top of that, people already SPENT CASH on the game so there can't be a wipe or anything.

Unbelivable...

Wait a minute...

Are you surmising that because people have already spent cash that there can be no wipe or are you stating a fact. That essentially the game company has stated "there will be no wipe".

Because if it's the former then it's a no brainer. The people who already spent money would be given x amount of coins, credits, whatever this game has and they then can spend it as they see fit upon the launch of the game.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • LeiloniLeiloni Member RarePosts: 1,266

I was checking out the game's forum before I downloaded, and to my dismay, even though the game isn't even out yet there, it's still in closed beta, the economy is already a mess because of third party program duppers and glitch exploiters. On top of that, people already SPENT CASH on the game so there can't be a wipe or anything.

Unbelivable...

I don't know where you live but the game has been out in North America for a few weeks already.

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749

Unbelivable...

Actually the game is live for a week now, and was open beta before that, you seem to missed a month.

And you're right, it's quite a mess now. I'm curious how they gonna handle the situation, it tells a lot of a company how they treat exploiters (or just let them go, right Turbine with anniversary envelopes? yep, we're still remember :) )

Those who missed it, a few days ago a 'funny' dude spilled onto the forum a detailed how-to of 2 exploits, which of course were happily welcomed by a part of the playerbase (a quite big part, but that's not a surprise in the case of a free action game...)  So in a couple days they got the best gear (with farming endgame boss in solo, and similar 'tricky' things), got thousands of gold, and with it pretty much ruined the economy. During that, PWE was at thanksgiving... which is already a huge minus as a staff. But if everything's going well, there will be an update today to fix the exploit. Or not.

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806
    Originally posted by Po_gg

Unbelivable...

Actually the game is live for a week now, and was open beta before that, you seem to missed a month.

And you're right, it's quite a mess now. I'm curious how they gonna handle the situation, it tells a lot of a company how they treat exploiters (or just let them go, right Turbine with anniversary envelopes? yep, we're still remember :) )

Those who missed it, a few days ago a 'funny' dude spilled onto the forum a detailed how-to of 2 exploits, which of course were happily welcomed by a part of the playerbase (a quite big part, but that's not a surprise in the case of a free action game...)  So in a couple days they got the best gear (with farming endgame boss in solo, and similar 'tricky' things), got thousands of gold, and with it pretty much ruined the economy. During that, PWE was at thanksgiving... which is already a huge minus as a staff. But if everything's going well, there will be an update today to fix the exploit. Or not.

As of 1149PM (MST) the servers are still down. I suspect they will be down until some time thursday or perhaps friday.  Its been an "interesting" week... After that clown posted that information (not just on the official forums, but on several others), there has been a tidal wave of people exploiting those "issues".

Gank gangs rampaging through the PvP areas, one shoting people with super powerful weapons. People getting +9 gear because of the endless duping of the mats required.  Solo farming epic bosses and getting the drops involved.  You can imagine what thats doing to the in game economy.  Given that the game has limited content, and that the level cap is only level 35, many people are just leaving in disgust.

From past history with PWE, I doubt they are going to do much beyond deal with some of the very worst offenders. Its too bad, as I quite enjoyed this game.

"If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • DukeDuDukeDu Member Posts: 73

To sum it up then, the game is out for a week and its already unplayable. Jesus....what a waste, Im a fan of the monster hunter series. But thats one annoying series to follow, sinse every new game is launched on one exclusive plataform.This game had a great appealing because of that. No one can deny its a rip off of monster hunter.

Its amazing, a game like that costs millions dollars to make, only to be ruinned by backward hackers? Give me a break. It doesn't even make any sense, how can a multi million dollar investiment be ruinned by teenage hackers!?

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806

To sum it up then, the game is out for a week and its already unplayable. Jesus....what a waste, Im a fan of the monster hunter series. But thats one annoying series to follow, sinse every new game is launched on one exclusive plataform.This game had a great appealing because of that. No one can deny its a rip off of monster hunter.

Its amazing, a game like that costs millions dollars to make, only to be ruinned by backward hackers? Give me a break. It doesn't even make any sense, how can a multi million dollar investiment be ruinned by teenage hackers!?

Lack of attention to details. In specific, poor programming practices, and lack of high quality QA.  Many of these games do not create their own engines.  They are using re skinned and re ruled engines, created by entirely different companies. 

The reality is they can't afford to hire the types of programming and QA staff that would more effectively deal with these types of "issues".  But the investors are usually not aware of these potential problems, and only care about the ROI they can achieve. 

That reality, is how this type of situation happens, and happens, and happens...

"If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."