Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The amount of people who settle for Instanced PvP Trash simply amazes me.

Comments

• OgreRaperOgreRaper Member Posts: 376
    Probably the #1 reason I cancelled my WoW account is that they keep trying to force instanced PvP down my throat. I want world PvP, but in games like WoW you can only get PvP gear by doing instances. No thanks. I'll wait until a game comes out that gets PvP right, until then I'll keep playing on my favorite vanilla wow private server that only has world PvP  image
  • AxiosImmortalAxiosImmortal Member UncommonPosts: 645
    Originally posted by azzamasin

LOL at people who think world PvP is anything other incentivized griefing.  World PvP always devolves into ganking and griefing and no amount of wishfull thanking can prove otherwise.  Sure you might have the occasional "decent" moment but 99% of all world PvP is all about ganking/griefing!

must be a bad server/community you were with, unfortunate.

Looking at: The Repopulation
    Preordering: None
    Playing: Random Games

• ForumPvPForumPvP Member Posts: 871
    Originally posted by Kuppa

Incredibly ignorant and horribly stated argument. The fact that you don't like it doesn't mean its trash. Some people like a good balanced pvp fight, they don't need rewards just getting in there and pvping on a balanced field.

The same could also be said about OWPVP. There are folks who love it because it has "meaning", they like that constant threat or like to go hunt others. But we could do like you are doing and call it trash because it's basically just a gankfest, right? NO!

Different pvp for different tastes, deal with it.

You mean deal with it like this ?

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5966976836

Its so full of trash that gamers are forced  to develope their own addons so they dont need watch that trash.

Let's internet

• AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    After having a blast in PS2 I'm convinced that open PvP is great, for me, in a fantasy MMO as long as there are areas and purpose for it. Don't make the entire game world PvP enabled but large portions where "battlefronts" are between factions. Having FFA PvP while trying to do things not PvP is no bueno for me. Going into warfronts and intentionally fighting for my race or faction? Yes please!
  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

Why is it so amazing? Don't you think others can have different preference than you?

You know that LOL, a pure instanced pvp game, is more popular than WOW right? That is pretty good evidence that arena type e-sport pvp is what a lot of people enjoy. WOT is also succeeding based on the same model. You don't even need a world to have good arena pvp.

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by bcbully

You need both. Instanced pvp by itself is a huge design fail.

Swtor, TSW, and GW2 are all suffering because they decided to leave Wpvp out. 

Not evey game has to have open wolrd PvP. I have played them and they are just gank-fests. If there are filters that prevent lowbie ganking, then the gankers complain and whine incessantly.

TSW and GW2 were NOT designed for it so you couldn't add it in even if you tried.

• UzikUzik Member UncommonPosts: 281

Let the carebears have their instanced and meaningless PvP.

All the real PvP'rs will be playing games like Darkfall where PvP has consequences and meaning.

(Uzik ibnYaraq in game. Always willing to help.)
    http://www.youtube.com/user/UzikAlJhamin

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    Originally posted by mmoDAD

When did players start to accept the fact that it's okay for PvP to be completely instanced?

EverQuest II's 2006 Nagafen Server was a World PvP Server. It worked.

SWG's PvP was World PvP. It worked.

Ever since WoW, PvP has become pure trash. And to make matters worse, "World PvP" has become such a loose term that anything that is isn't completely structured and even is considered World PvP, e.g., SWTOR's Ilum - a dedicated area for PvP. This isn't World PvP. It's trash.

Servers should go like this:

Server #1 PvE (Optional Battlegrounds)

Server #2 PvP (World PvP)

I'll tell you why people waste time in these redundant battlegrounds. It's because they are so helpless and consumed with the damn carrot dangling in front of their faces. You want that little piece of reward that everyone will eventually have. It's boring. It's an embarrassment to the genre.

I don't want to see anyone fail. However, it would be a lie to not say I enjoy watching these Instanced PvP games turn into failed FTP games.

It's cool. I myself like reading sandbox players complain about how there are no AAA sandbox games. Each to their own.  

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• VengeSunsoarVengeSunsoar Member EpicPosts: 6,601

When did players start to accept the fact that it's okay for PvP to be completely instanced?

Ever since WoW, PvP has become pure trash. And to make matters worse, "World PvP" has become such a loose term that anything that is isn't completely structured and even is considered World PvP, e.g., SWTOR's Ilum - a dedicated area for PvP. This isn't World PvP. It's trash.

I'll tell you why people waste time in these redundant battlegrounds. It's because they are so helpless and consumed with the damn carrot dangling in front of their faces. You want that little piece of reward that everyone will eventually have. It's boring. It's an embarrassment to the genre.

I don't want to see anyone fail. However, it would be a lie to not say I enjoy watching these Instanced PvP games turn into failed FTP games.

You are starting with the wrong premise.

World Pvp works for you.  I personally don't really like world pvp, only in very specific circumstances or areas which effectively means no world pvp.

We are not settling for instanced.  We prefer instanced over world.

IMO most world pvp is trash.  We just don't care about the carrot.  Instanced pvp is more fun.  Less zerg.

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it is bad.
    Originally posted by Aelious
    After having a blast in PS2 I'm convinced that open PvP is great, for me, in a fantasy MMO as long as there are areas and purpose for it. Don't make the entire game world PvP enabled but large portions where "battlefronts" are between factions. Having FFA PvP while trying to do things not PvP is no bueno for me. Going into warfronts and intentionally fighting for my race or faction? Yes please!

that works for me too

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by Uzik

Let the carebears have their instanced and meaningless PvP.

All the real PvP'rs will be playing games like Darkfall where PvP has consequences and meaning.

I love this - you mean Gankers. Because that is all the original Darkfall was. It was an utter trash game. There is a huge difference. Some people don't like Open world PvP and like more instanced and organized PvP, not mayhem.

I also expect Darkfall 2 to be a very lonely place as people will find out how trashy the game is and leave in droves - just my opinion.

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556
    Originally posted by Vorthanion
    Sounds to me like the OP wants sheep to hunt (World PvP) and can't deal with fighting other wolves of equatable skill / gear (Instanced PvP).

Sounds like you've never played a PvP game in your life. DAoC didn't have instanced PvP, and people were still of equal skill levels. Explain that.

• Ragnarok_delRagnarok_del Member UncommonPosts: 15

Let's be honest for half a second. The best PvP game in the past 3 years is Darkfall. I love when people use the griefing aspect. Bro when it's world pvp nothing stops you from making an anti-griefing clan, group up and gang-bang the griefers and what not. you argument (the guy under the main post) is that you're too carebear for that kind of game and it's fine but stop lying and making excuses about it.

"It's more than a little arrogant to paint instanced PVP as trash considering 99,999% of *ALL* pvp is done this way. This includes every multiplayer game, ever."

(how do you quote on this forum?)

In theory every server is an instance so you are right but you are completely dishonest. The fact is that when people talk about instanced pvp, they talk about instances other then the main server instance.

I'm not like the OP though. I think instanced pvp has it's place for E-sports.

"I love this - you mean Gankers. Because that is all the original Darkfall was. It was an utter trash game. " That's your opinion not fact. The fact is Darkfall unlike any other game allowed you if you were more skilled to beat people using much lower gear/character skills.

• SQTOSQTO Member UncommonPosts: 189

I got bored with swtor, tsw and gw2 because of the lack of world pvp. 

The most interesting and fun pvp I have ever had was on games with rppvp servers where people would fight over territory for rp purposes.

It is not just about ganking but the level of being able to get attacked at anytime adds to the game for me, it adds another level of player interaction. I play mmos to play against other people because I find pure pve to be very boring.

Originally posted by DavisFlight
    Originally posted by Vorthanion
    Sounds to me like the OP wants sheep to hunt (World PvP) and can't deal with fighting other wolves of equatable skill / gear (Instanced PvP).

Sounds like you've never played a PvP game in your life. DAoC didn't have instanced PvP, and people were still of equal skill levels. Explain that.

Pretty easy to explain, some people like pvp on equal footings.  He didn't say people don't like that, he made a comment about the OP's preferences.  Whether the OP is one or not remains to be seen.

And there is a lot of ganking in ffa pvp games.  That is not opinion.

• koboldfodderkoboldfodder Member UncommonPosts: 447

SWG did a few things right.  PVP was one of them.  Anywhere, anyplace and anytime in space or on the ground.  Plus probably the greatest PVP subsytem every created, the Bounty system.  Crafting, resource system, space loot system, housing and non combat professions were the other things they did great.

Too bad the game was a technical flop right from the beginning.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Why play ghettoed off 2nd class citizen to the raiders crap in your wow type mmos when you could be playing eve or planetside?
  • AxiosImmortalAxiosImmortal Member UncommonPosts: 645
    Originally posted by koboldfodder

SWG did a few things right.  PVP was one of them.  Anywhere, anyplace and anytime in space or on the ground.  Plus probably the greatest PVP subsytem every created, the Bounty system.  Crafting, resource system, space loot system, housing and non combat professions were the other things they did great.

Too bad the game was a technical flop right from the beginning.

Not to burst your bubble, but the thread isn't about SWG, its about PvP.

Looking at: The Repopulation
    Preordering: None
    Playing: Random Games

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    Originally posted by ForumPvP

Incredibly ignorant and horribly stated argument. The fact that you don't like it doesn't mean its trash. Some people like a good balanced pvp fight, they don't need rewards just getting in there and pvping on a balanced field.

The same could also be said about OWPVP. There are folks who love it because it has "meaning", they like that constant threat or like to go hunt others. But we could do like you are doing and call it trash because it's basically just a gankfest, right? NO!

Its so full of trash that gamers are forced  to develope their own addons so they dont need watch that trash.

He's not saying "WoW instanced pvp is trash", he is saying all of it. Im saying thats not true, he just has different pvp tastes. WoW is just one piece of the pie.

And my "deal with it" remark is the fact that he likes owpvp and not spvp but there are other players that are the other way around.

• Neo_LibertyNeo_Liberty Member UncommonPosts: 437

He's not saying "WoW instanced pvp is trash", he is saying all of it. Im saying thats not true, he just has different pvp tastes. WoW is just one piece of the pie.

And my "deal with it" remark is the fact that he likes owpvp and not spvp but there are other players that are the other way around.

I agree with you. its amazing how high and might the ppl on these forums are.... so selfish and my opinion is the true religion crap.... ppl like different things... ganking owpvp.. is crap.. there is not other way to describe it.. if owpvp is implemented well then ppl will like it.. the insults and name calling is just childish.. grow up.

Edit: an example of good owpvp is when each individual has the choice if they want to participate.. meaning u can turn off/on pvp at will... and it could have a cool down so that ppl couldn't cheat... but allowing new players to be assaulted by high lvl players and allowing them to ruin their gameplay by allowing others to dictate their playstyle is ludicrous.

For those of you confused...

It IS possible to have NONinstanced PvP, that ISN'T FFA full loot PvP.

You realize this, right?

Look up DAoC's PvP. Not a stitch of it instanced.

That's because, by and large, it is trash. Most MMOs have poorly thought out, stitched onto the end PvP. Very few MMOs include instanced PvP into the core design of the game. That's why they instance it, because it has almost nothing to do with the rest of the game. Good PVP is built into the core of the game. Good game systems are well thought out and deep.

Instanced PvP generally, and almost always, has bad, tacked on game systems. That may be your thing, but from an objective viewpoint, most instanced PvP is poorly thought out garbage.

• Neo_LibertyNeo_Liberty Member UncommonPosts: 437

That's because, by and large, it is trash. Most MMOs have poorly thought out, stitched onto the end PvP. Very few MMOs include instanced PvP into the core design of the game. That's why they instance it, because it has almost nothing to do with the rest of the game. Good PVP is built into the core of the game. Good game systems are well thought out and deep.

Instanced PvP generally, and almost always, has bad, tacked on game systems. That may be your thing, but from an objective viewpoint, most instanced PvP is poorly thought out garbage.

I can agree with your statement.. ur thoughts are reasonable..u rage against the devs poor implementation not instanced pvp itself.. makes perfect sense.+1

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342

Do you remember EverQuests Rallos Zek server? Sure it had the PvP you are talking about, it also had people that would de-level toons just to keep the skills from the higher levels and make them incredibly hard to kill if you were doing it without resorting to that BS. It also had people that would camp zone lines, use exploits to take ALL your gear, not just your money and one item. It had people that would say some of the rudest most immature sh*t. It had the jackasses that love to pull out the "wolves" and "sheep" references because they can type so hard...

Yeah, I can see why people would LOVE to go back to those days. And you want to know something? If those days and styloes were so popular then they would still be implemented.

It is the same as all the drama mammas that cry to this day about SWG. If that game was so popular and sucessful, you know what? It would still be around and thriving to this day.

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546
    Originally posted by Neo_Liberty

I can agree with your statement.. ur thoughts are reasonable..u rage against the devs poor implementation not instanced pvp itself.. makes perfect sense.+1

Wait, so hes pissed about PvE games offering bad PvP? I'm facepalming RIGHT now.