Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So It Is Turning Into A Gear Grind

JackFrostyJackFrosty Member Posts: 103

"Enhancing current tiers of loot won’t happen monthly but a low power curve increase can be expected from expansions or very big content updates"

http://www.gamebreaker.tv/mmorpg/guild-wars-2-no-new-gear-tiers-for-now/

You were all lied to. Conveniently after initial sales of course.

Lets see how long it takes one of the fanboi mods to ban this thread.

When I wake up, the real nightmare begins

Comments

• Neo_LibertyNeo_Liberty Member UncommonPosts: 437
    sounds good to me

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773

If it was stated that the level would be increased every expansion, and that was stated before the game had a release date itself, wouldn't that be expected, at least I thought it was.

Lol I hope to God people noted that.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• gorro187gorro187 Member UncommonPosts: 234
    *walks into the room* You! just who do you think you are? Guild Wars 2 is the most successful launch of a MMO ever! You need to learn that it has everything a gamer could ever want! How dare you have the kahunas to speak ill of it. Lock this thread! long live our lord and savior GW2!
  • eliteroelitero Member UncommonPosts: 264

Yes we seriously needed another thread about this good show good chap. 

/endsarcasm

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by JackFrosty

"Enhancing current tiers of loot won’t happen monthly but a low power curve increase can be expected from expansions or very big content updates"

We weren't lied to - you are lying - how about that?

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

Why do you think they are trying to promote this (even if its very minor in improvements)?

Simple. There is NOTHING to work for. All it is is "farm gold killing the same mobs over in a loop" or "Zerg WvW doors/zerg defending to win" or "Do dungeons for trivial loot mostly for cosmetics". There is NOTHING to work for in that game which is why they are trying to give players somethign to do considering how quickly the active population has dropped (which it has, don't pretend it hasn't).

In part I'm sure this 'gear grind' as you call it is the publisher putting pressure on ANet after not delivering up to par with what they were promissed for sales, both in box sales and I'll bet hugely on micro-transactions. People like something to work for and having the only options being "Grind or WvW zerg" its kind of making it a very easy game to quit out of being tedious without reward. Hell, FPS games now a days have a leveling system in it to keep people's attention to it. They even know people like to have something to earn or work for to show their progress.

Guildwars 2 got completely boring to me so quickly, and while I do feel the clunky combat played a large part in it, I believe its the sheer lack and feeling of progression that makes the game quickly dule. This is just another thing they hope to keep people involved playing the game for rather then up and leaving feeling as if they have nothing to gain. 

I would rather them actually work on their pvp since, for a pvp focused game, its quite a poor experience. I think giving a leader board in place and really making it so the pvp isn't poorer quality then games out there focusing more on PvE. Still it did need something to keep people playing for PvE and I see no problem with a loot grind to get slightly better gear. You have been grinding since day one whether its for those levels doing the same old quests repackaged over and over again to hitting cap and just farming that gold to pay for seige weapons. Its just another type of grind to at least give it diversity. 

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    Can we please beat this to dead more??

• AdalwulffAdalwulff Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,152
    Originally posted by JackFrosty

I guess you didnt know about this stuff before game launch? Did you even read anything about the game before buying?

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912

There are open threads discussing this. This one is discussing the AScended items and impact: http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/370371/page/1

There's also a whole thread on page two doing so as well.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.