Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Patch 5.1 today

strangiato2112strangiato2112 Member CommonPosts: 1,538

Im not currently playing WoW, but figured this deserved mention.  Its a pretty big patch, and if they can keep this up every 2 months they will out do Trion...we'll see

From what i can gather this patch features:

The start of the Horde vs Alliance war over Pandaria in Krasarang Wilds.  World PvP objectives that give faction bonuses to those doing their war-related dailies.

3 new scenarios for each side involving the war

Fight Cl....err Brawler's Guild. 

lots of pokemon content.  old raid bosses with pet drops.  lots of new tameable pets.  items to increase pet quality.  Mr. Bigglesworth as an achievement reward

Wrathion questline extended

BoA reputation increasers

Tons of stuff both planned (all the war stuff) and direct results of feedback (the battle pet system being a very popular feature, the reputation helpers)

Comments

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Nice. My best friend still plays wow and hes having a great time with mop. Glad to see them building on new systems.

• strangiato2112strangiato2112 Member CommonPosts: 1,538
    Originally posted by Foomerang

Nice. My best friend still plays wow and hes having a great time with mop. Glad to see them building on new systems.

If they can release a patch this size every 2 months or so, WoW has a chance to reverse the downward trend.  i think if people saw an increased urgency and getting out content they would come back.

I think if WoW really wants to turn the corner though they need to worry less about making things easier to balance and give players more interesting choices in character development.  It doesnt even have to be bringing back the old talent trees.  It can be something like giving players 100 points to allocate to differnt areas or to improve different abilities.  Maybe a prot warrior could choose between adding points to increased stamina, reduced damage, increased ability cooldown, increased aoe threat, longer stuns/interrupts, a damage shield, and increased dps.  A raider would go for the first two.  A challenge mode runner might prefer the increased aoe threat and increased dps.  A Pvper would obviously want longer stuns.

You dont even have to make the changes drastic, maybe the max damage reduction increase is 3%  Its not a gamebreaking number.  But you gave people the choice to spec into it, and thats all people really want is that choice.

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

I agree. Choice and customization are important aspects of an mmo. Even having the illusion of choice or slight customization is better than none. As long as its given importance in the game, it will feel rewarding and worthwhile.