Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PlanetSide 2: Devs Ask One Simple Question

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Sony Online Entertainment and the PlanetSide 2 team have a single, simple question to ask fans of shooters: Can your FPS do this? Check out the video to see how you would answer! Enjoy!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

I'm Ike and I approve this message.

Seriously, been playing this game since Beta.  I'm NOT a FPS'r by any means.  I actually got my K:D ratio to 1.0... I was excited.  Then I stormed another base and that summarily dropped to .7.

I enjoy the dogfights in the sky, tanking on the ground, and having people naturally form firing lines around the environment.

NC FOR LIFE!

• SlickShoesSlickShoes Member UncommonPosts: 1,019
    I can't get any sort of decent FPS in Planetside 2 :P someone buy me a new computer.

• snapp69snapp69 Member UncommonPosts: 113
    Why yes it can actually, because it is Planetside 2
  • TooksTooks Member Posts: 4

Can your FPS do This?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=v6BhXd8qF5U#!

p.s This is meant in jest and I love planetside 2 :P

• DigironoDigirono Member Posts: 86
    Get rid of the music, and sure...because of what snapp69 said. 

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    There's only 3 fps you need

This for the pvp, teamwork and unlike many "mmos" actually being massively multiplayer
    Dishonoured for the stealth play
    Farcry 3 for the skyrimesque re-imagining of fps

Time to bin all those corridors and cutscenes console style shooters like halo 20, bf 56 and cod 6073426
  • ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Well ok half life 3 when it eventually arrives.
  • tzj2006tzj2006 Member UncommonPosts: 19
    I don't understand why people keep lumping bf in with cod and halo, multiplayer is totally different
  • DrealgrinDrealgrin Member UncommonPosts: 156
    Yes it can, and it can do it better without horrific stubdep
  • itsbigmikeitsbigmike Member Posts: 86
    Wtb windows8 joystick and gamepad support

twitch.tv/boonmackle

• DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982

I don't like this game at all.

Instant Spawn. BAM! You get your **** pushed in by 20 tanks before you even know what is going on.

Okay. I'll try again. Instant Spawn. BAM! You get your **** pushed in by 30 tanks.

Let's respawn in a quiet location so I can gather my thoughts. Boring. Let's walk to the action. Wow! Good FPS! Getting 100 steady! I see a fort! Let me sneak around and check it out! <I'm at the fort now>. Wow! My FPS went from 100 to 30. Sweet! Another tank.

Respawn

This game is clunky and should be called World of Tanks 2...

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    First there was golden eye. Then there was CoD. Now it's Planetside 2.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • cosycosy Member UncommonPosts: 3,228
    the video tank number is small the other day on miller TR charget NC Arsenal zone with like 70/80 tanks

BestSigEver :P

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476

666th

Hoo Ya

" Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • BeanpuieBeanpuie Member UncommonPosts: 812

hey..

I WAS IN THAT BATTLE!

i was the guy that got blown up  :(

But im on TV! :D

• RaapnaapRaapnaap Member UncommonPosts: 455

Solid game for what it is. Performs well on max settings on my computer, only crashed once. Netcode is capable of performing well in huge battles. The cash shop is fair for an F2P title, selling only items you can unlock by playing and cosmetics, and an optional sub that increases exp gain by "25-50%", which is nice to have, but you can do without it. Time will tell how long this 'fair F2P' model sticks, as most of these games add more questionable items post-launch, take a look at GW2 for example.

The video doesn't actually show how large these battles can get, and it seems mostly a 'tricks you can perform in our game' video.

• sgtalonsgtalon Member UncommonPosts: 129

Every person i have gotten to try Planetside 2 LOVES it... except for my one friend that only plays WoW... He couldn't take it.

It is everything that I had hoped Battlefield 3 would have been only way better than I thought it could be.