Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I am a crafter and I m looking for a guild

I have played Darfall in the past but never really got far. I always tried to solo everything i did. But this time I would like to try a guild. My main focus is and always will be crafting...but i do like to fight just really suck at it lol. And i bet most of you are thinking then why play a PvP game...well sandbox gaes have some of the best crafting. So i take the good with the bad.

So that brings me to my pitch... I am seeking a guild who needs a full time crafter ( with a little fighting mixed in from time to time ) i will harvest and craft and make my new guild all the crafted items i can. I will also be up for being over a crafting devision in a guild ...once i learn all there is to know about all crafting classes. I just love to craft lol.

I am a 38 year old male ...married with an 11 year old daughter ( who loves to watch me play darkfall casue its so cool with PvP and full loot...I dont know why she thinks so cool when daddy gets killed in one hit while harvesting and all my hard work gets taken,,,,but thats kids for you hehe)

Well there it is i know i cant offer much but i really miss guild life and am ready to comit fully in my new guild (I am a guild leader in 3 other games but over the years everyone left me...which is why I solo in all games up till now. now i seek friends and people that will need my crafted goods.

Ok thats enough talk...if you want me or need a crafter in your guild just let me know...I'm ready to sign up.

A Clan inspired by the Roman Republic

Why serve when you could rule in the Imperium

http://imperiumclan.freeforums.org/index.php

Comments

• marcustmarcust Member UncommonPosts: 495
    Have a look at OTG, they sound like they could be a good fit for you.

Playing: Darkfall New Dawn (and planning to play Fallout 76)
    Favourite games have included: UO, Lineage2, Darkfall, Lotro, Baldur's Gate, SSX, FF7 and yes the original Wizardry on an Apple IIe

• NacarioNacario Member UncommonPosts: 222

I see you're from the us, which means you cant join ours =(

Regardless, you solely being a crafter isnt negative at all, look at it as a support role for the guild you end up with. Im sure any guild would appreciate a doable crafter who can provide mats, it's like a factory, everyone has his/her role.

I would suggest heading to the official darkfall forums, they have their own sections for guilds advertising and forums for players advertising.

You're in your best age, and best of luck to you!

• AzernoAzerno Member UncommonPosts: 23

Take a look at VexX Gaming. You can find the recruitment thread I posted on the DF forums here.

http://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?t=332080

Our website can be found here

http://www.vexxgaming.com/

We're a mature multi-gaming community that has been around for several years. We do specialize in PvP but you sound like you would be a good fit not only for our darkfall devision, but for our community as a whole. Someone who speciliaizes in crafting and gathering is undoubtedly an asset to any guild in a game such as this. If you like what you see, feel free to PM me with any questions or just post an application on our forums.

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479

to the OP

Are you me?  Let me know about your search, I love to craft, harvest and fight, but I suck at reaction times it seems, I get in panic mode.  However I love the thrill, I just hope to have a powerful guild.  My hours our limited a bit with 2 jobs and a full time family.  But if you need an apprentice let me know.

• Jamman95Jamman95 Member Posts: 9

Thank you all for your replies. I have check out some guilds. and one thing i am finding is they all require teamspeak or mummble...im not in to voice chating with people. im still a key bourds person...and yes i have use those systems but it was by choise not being forced to use it..so do all guilds require this?

Also i would like to finds a smaller guild, maybe even a new guild that is looking to build from ground up. I feel i would just become a number in a big guild. I want to be known in my guild as "Master crafter" and i fell a large guild i would be known as "slave" lol   I just want to matter to my guild and a smaller guild depend on me than a large guild...dont take this the wrong way. I'm not better than anyone else I just want to be more important  (and maybe im wrong about lrge guilds...its just my experance that leads me to believe this)

So if someone wants to start a guild with me or a small guild is looking for a Lead in crafter...im your man.

• marcustmarcust Member UncommonPosts: 495

Imagine being at  your guild cities crafting station with a ton of mats and your city is attacked.

Trust me, people are not going to type in guild chat.

You dont have to speak in guild chat but its advisable to listen to it most of the time.

If you want to go solo mobs to build your skills then yeh you can get away with not using it, but any other time you just cant expect people to type for you in a game like this.

Please watch a few of the darkfall pvp videos ( I recommend anything from Valroth).

for example, imagine this if you had to type..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJETzhlMAEE&feature=related

---

Our guild will start small but we are aussie timezone based, hence why I suggest OTG (Old Timers Guild), a nice group of people who we will probably ally with again.

cheers 

Playing: Darkfall New Dawn (and planning to play Fallout 76)
    Favourite games have included: UO, Lineage2, Darkfall, Lotro, Baldur's Gate, SSX, FF7 and yes the original Wizardry on an Apple IIe

• Hephaestus_XiiHephaestus_Xii Member Posts: 21
    Originally posted by Jamman95

I have played Darfall in the past but never really got far. I always tried to solo everything i did. But this time I would like to try a guild. My main focus is and always will be crafting...but i do like to fight just really suck at it lol. And i bet most of you are thinking then why play a PvP game...well sandbox gaes have some of the best crafting. So i take the good with the bad.

So that brings me to my pitch... I am seeking a guild who needs a full time crafter ( with a little fighting mixed in from time to time ) i will harvest and craft and make my new guild all the crafted items i can. I will also be up for being over a crafting devision in a guild ...once i learn all there is to know about all crafting classes. I just love to craft lol.

I am a 38 year old male ...married with an 11 year old daughter ( who loves to watch me play darkfall casue its so cool with PvP and full loot...I dont know why she thinks so cool when daddy gets killed in one hit while harvesting and all my hard work gets taken,,,,but thats kids for you hehe)

Well there it is i know i cant offer much but i really miss guild life and am ready to comit fully in my new guild (I am a guild leader in 3 other games but over the years everyone left me...which is why I solo in all games up till now. now i seek friends and people that will need my crafted goods.

Ok thats enough talk...if you want me or need a crafter in your guild just let me know...I'm ready to sign up.

hi Jamman95 I am the leader of Sabotage we are not a large clan it mainly consists of friends that i have met over the years from playing games . We are currently recruiting all types of players from pvper to crafters.  Read about us http://www.sabotagegaming.net/about  as for the voice issue I take it you have never lived inside a player city where it gets raided often I would hate for you to be at a crafting station making some awesome gear and weapons just to have it taken away becuase you didnt hear the warning in mumble  or you are out harvesting and need some assistance (i played DF1 with chat boxes closed aswell as most of the pvpers in DF)...alerts come faster with voice than they do with chat. So even tho we require mumble I will accept your application  with the understanding that if you die at the hands of a PKER no complaints or rageing will come from you.  I personally think you fit in we I have a friend who enjoys crafting and harvesting the only differance between you to is he loves to talk alot  ....LOL we have been playing games together for like 5 years .

-Hephaestus Xii   http://www.sabotagegaming.net/home

Sabotage Gaming TS3 Open To All Gamer's

Teamspeak IP. 162.243.205.195
  • Hephaestus_XiiHephaestus_Xii Member Posts: 21
    Hi, Myrdynn please stop by and check us out    http://www.sabotagegaming.net/about  maybe we are the clan for you ....check us out

Sabotage Gaming TS3 Open To All Gamer's

Teamspeak IP. 162.243.205.195
  • PapajahatPapajahat Member CommonPosts: 37

i love pvp and only play games with pvp. only play on pvp server but never pvp. i just let ppl kill me if i got jumped. most ppl stop bothering me after they kill me few times. idk why i role on pvp server. thrill i guess. but.. if there's a war...  i will pvp my heart out.

i'm not that competitive, just average. got recruit tells by top pvp guild in most game. never joined any coz i'm not consider myself as elite. back in warhammer dark crag, i was considered as second best kotbs duelist. that was when everybody left to play aion.

currently playing GW2. having a blast. Join nice guild. Sadly they more into chasing legendary.  However, things change after I watch Sword Art Online. I completely lose interest with GW2 carebear pvp. DF might not have permanent death but it close enough I guess.

I’m not drawn into DF coz I hate first person view combat. Is it possible to play with melee weapon only? I love spear. Can I make spear wielding invincible tank? What kind of gap closer available? I dun care about dmg but I want to be annoying as hell.

At some point I do decided to play DF but the stop the sales. When they reopen, I don’t have the urge anymore.

In all mmo, I only craft potion. I dun understand why we need to craft gear when the best gear always drop from a boss. I want to delve into another side of gaming experience. How hard is to become a crafter in this game? Time consuming? Tedious?

@op: why not startup a crafter guild?

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Originally posted by marcust

Have a look at OTG, they sound like they could be a good fit for you.

I recently joined up with OTG and things are shaping up real well. Spent the evening chatting with several of them and I recommend you consider joining.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• LacidiousLacidious Member UncommonPosts: 33

Have a look at this guild, they seem to be a perfect fit for you.  :)

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/369816/NAAdult-clan-Staying-small-but-planning-big-things-Relaxed-atmosphere.html

From what I understand OTG is largely on Oceanic time ...we have similarities with OTG we are just much smaller in size and will remain so.

• Jamman95Jamman95 Member Posts: 9

I want to thank all of you for your comments. I did find a clan that took me in (its on EU sever...which now I am hearing that will not be good for me based on conection status) does anyone know if it will hurt my game play bybeing on EU sever while playing in US ?

• FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398
    Originally posted by Jamman95

I want to thank all of you for your comments. I did find a clan that took me in (its on EU sever...which now I am hearing that will not be good for me based on conection status) does anyone know if it will hurt my game play bybeing on EU sever while playing in US ?

It won't hurt you gameplay as back in original launch, there were people from all over the world (and only 1 server in EU) and they still excelled at PVP etc.

You should be more concerned about the timezone differentiation, you'll have more guildies online at the times you play on NA, than you propably would at EU server.

Preferences :)

http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.