Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Elder Scrolls Online: Ask Us Anything Part 2 Arrives

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The Elder Scrolls Online site has been updated with the second installment of the Ask Us Anything series. This time, questions center around the Ebonhart Pact as well as other, more general, questions about TESO.

Are many changes being made to Skyrim to make it differ or stand out from the Skyrim we have recently come to know and love? If so, could you detail some of these changes? – By Brandon Donio

The Elder Scrolls Online is set 1,000 years earlier than Skyrim, so you may notice that some of the ancient Nord ruins are a little less worn and weathered than in Skyrim’s time. You’ll also find towns, like Nimalten in the Rift, that are gone and nearly forgotten by Skyrim’s Fourth Era, but are alive and thriving in ESO’s Second Era.

Check out the full Q&A on The Elder Scrolls Online site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• AnthurAnthur Member UncommonPosts: 961
    I would relly like to learn more about TESO. Unfortunately these "Ask us anything" things are only about lore stuff. All nice and good but I would like more info about the game mechanics and so on.
  • DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982

How about...

#1. How large are the worlds?

#2. Explain your pvp system?

#3. Deep crafting?

#4. Economy?

#5. Housing?

It's clear that there are stupid questions.

• GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    Let us know when they start answering questions that we have been waiting to hear. 

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• dronfwardronfwar Member Posts: 316
    Can I mount a dragon and fly over Tamriel?
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001

I would love to know, given the current mmo climate, if they are reassessing their design or making any major changes to accomodate the trend that mmo's seem to be moving toward.

Quite frankly, given the amount of money these things take as well as how mmo players are, I would be very concerend that my game was not only viable in the short term but also in the long term.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • RocknissRockniss Member Posts: 1,034
    I can answer that for you.....
    Answer: we will address any issues after you buy the game. We promise :-)

My question: Will the marketing team set this up for failure, or will you really portray what TESO really is ? Because it is going to be next to impossible to truelly create TES feel with other people in the game ruining my experience. Can we start calling this ES based mmo instead of TES mmo? How will servers break down? I have a feeling understanding server architecture will help me determine if you can indeed keep an ES feel in an mmo. Because if there are 200-400 jackwagons running around messing up my world its just not going to have the nearly the same feel.
  • umcorianumcorian Member UncommonPosts: 519
    Originally posted by GwapoJosh
    Let us know when they start answering questions that we have been waiting to hear. 

I think so many people have already written this game off that I don't think there's a single question I need them to answer. I expect they'd even have a great sounding answer for: "So, tell me how this isn't fundimentally a WoW Clone based in Tamriel and has as much in common with an ES game as Tetris does."

Other than anyone using any armor/weapon, I literally see nothing here that doesn't exist in WoW.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

I only want to know the following:

- Since TESO is an action combat mmo (like Skyrim), Is there going to be an Official gamepad support? That will determine if ill play it or not.

Tera did a great job with the gamepad support as an action mmo so i hope TESO does the same like they did with Skyrim

• DeniZgDeniZg Member UncommonPosts: 697

I would like to know whether there will be alternative leveling zones for same level range, within each faction.

Also, will Cyrodiil open world PVP will be the only form of PVP available or will there be more PVP options available (battlegrounds, arena etc.)?

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    The only.

Thankfully they knocked the tupperware pvp on the head. Rvr / ava works better when players can't hide in minigames
  • ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    My questions.

I really like the soul gem system in the tes games, will that be in TESO?

I also like the way bow combat works, will that be cross hair and zoom based like tes single player? Obviously you can't slow time in a mmo.

How do you plan to counter players switching to a campaign where their alliance is dominant? Are you concerned that we might end up with a series of 1 sided campaigns?

Any plans to introduce housing later, either like hearthfire or in Matt and Pauls previous mmos daoc & uo?
  • MaelwyddMaelwydd Member Posts: 1,123

I recently installed Planetside 2. It has 3 faction PvP just as TESO hopes to have. If you create a character for one faction on a server you cannot create a character for a rival faction on the same server. this is a great idea because is stops people being able to log out of one character and into another character with a different faction and reveal PvP plans. This isn;t spying but cheating in my book so the way PS2 have set things up is great.

Problem is though that to prevent this kind of cheating by not allowing multifaction creation you cannot explore the other area's of the world. Have you thought about this problem and if so are you just going to allow this kind of cheating or are you thinking of a way to get around it? I personally hope that movement restrictions for a single character are removed but only 1 faction can be joined but what are your thoughts?