Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Are there any Active Servers Still???

KryzizKryziz Vancouver, BCPosts: 138Member

I quit the came for many of the same reasons people months ago did. I thought however the storyline for the Sith was really well done.

I wouldn't mind playing SWTOR again. However, I like group play and some missions need more then one person. Are there servers that are busy on low level missions these days, or has that all but dried up?

Comments

• buegurbuegur Belle Fourche, SDPosts: 458Member
    With the game going free to play there seems to be an abudant amount of players on the servers.  I'm playing Harbringer and there is no lack of peeps.
  • kevjardskevjards carlislePosts: 1,463Member
    if one thing i do like this game for its the class stories .has for players..i would say there are loads playing now
  • Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Centreville, VAPosts: 1,690Member Uncommon

Right now most of servers are very heavy or full in prime time as a new load of F2P players arrived. Plenty of people arround, was playing on Jedi Covenant for a bit on Hutta yesterday and it was packed.

This is in game snapshot of US servers taken yesterday around 9 PM EST

Edit. Seems that PvP servers have the lowest load atm.

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• AnubisanAnubisan Boulder, COPosts: 1,801Member
    The population is healthy on pretty much all of the remaining servers at the moment.
  • NitthNitth AustraliaPosts: 3,684Member Uncommon

I started playing again atm.

I'm thinking im gona get more 'bang for my buck' if I subscribe rather than utilizing the microtransactions..

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• KarteliKarteli Providence, PAPosts: 2,646Member
    Originally posted by Sevenstar61

***Right now most of servers are very heavy or full in prime time as a new load of F2P players arrived. Plenty of people arround, was playing on Jedi Covenant for a bit on Hutta yesterday and it was packed.

*** The game has a healthy population when you consider that all 250 servers were consolidated into about 20.

I think that would be a more fair approach to the OP's question.  There are far fewer servers, but each one is populated (for now because of the initial F2P rush).

Before the F2P "rush", servers were pretty dead.  When the F2P rush wears off the servers will become dead again.

All thanks to EA knowing what MMORPG'ers want .. specifically they want more instanced PVP, PVE, and solo player minigames!  Way to go EA!

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• SwaneaSwanea Vegas, NVPosts: 2,368Member Uncommon

There is often two fleets on imp side on pot5 at 1am pst.  Usually only 1 rep.  During prime time I see 3-4.

Im not saying this makes it different, but the remaining servers are "mega servers" to hold more population. 

• rawfoxrawfox HamburgPosts: 647Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Kryziz

I quit the came for many of the same reasons people months ago did.

lol .. that sounds so mainstreamish haha

• faxnadufaxnadu HelsinkiPosts: 940Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by rawfox
    Originally posted by Kryziz

I quit the came for many of the same reasons people months ago did.

lol .. that sounds so mainstreamish haha

yes, i quit cause my neighbour did , dont want to be different!

and yeah think game is more lively atm than ever.

• mikahrmikahr ZagrebPosts: 1,066Member
    If you want active servers you must hurry because F2P hype is starting to wear off.
  • tiefighter25tiefighter25 Winchester, MAPosts: 937Member
    Originally posted by Swanea

There is often two fleets on imp side on pot5 at 1am pst.  Usually only 1 rep.  During prime time I see 3-4.

Im not saying this makes it different, but the remaining servers are "mega servers" to hold more population. 

"You do know these superservers can hold more then 6K logged in at time, right?" - Andryah

I don't think doubling the population cap on a heavily phased/instanced server (resulting in lag and server crashes) should qualify a server to be considered MEGA.

Edit- Also considering WoW's larger servers are estimated to have an 8,000 concurrent player cap, again, not Mega. At this point, only EvE can really say that.

• GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Auburn, INPosts: 990Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by tiefighter25
    Originally posted by Swanea

"You do know these superservers can hold more then 6K logged in at time, right?" - Andryah

I don't think doubling the population cap on a heavily phased/instanced server (resulting in lag and server crashes) should qualify a server to be considered MEGA.

When I played at launch they split everyone up into so many instances that you rarely saw anyone in the game world.  Is it still like that?

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

• c-motc-mot FrankfurtPosts: 49Member Uncommon

i resubscribed 3 weeks ago after a few months break, but after only a few days i canceled again. not much changed - just more of the same stuff (more wz's and raids - even the new zone section X is just another zone with higher dificulty - meaning more mobs per qm).

though people that enjoy those stuff will be pleased, but players that canceled because of other missing features like me have still no reason to return.

i also noticed some improved graphics (details level), but also some new glitches (i sometimes get colored lines during combat  cross my screen and taxies vanish from time to time leaving you flying all by yourself  thru the air).

yesterday i logged in again to have another try. first thing i noticed was, that they messed up the companions again (you have to reequip all equipment and armour on your companion whenever you call him, use a speeder or a lift).

I went into the black hole area to do some dailies. there were 75 people on Republic side in this zone and the new improved super-mega-server seem to reach its limits. i had upto 2 seconds delay on each skill i used. the NPC's often werent in the location where they were displayed on my screen. its annoying to click around til u get the right position for looting but it can be gamebreaking for my scoundrel as a lot of his skills are position based (i had to circle the NPC's several times until the game finally registered that i was behind the target).

perhaps they put all the server capacities into the low level zones for the increased demand there (ftp starters).

• WhitebeardsWhitebeards TokyoPosts: 778Member
    F2P has increased the player population a lot. I play on Red Eclipse (EU) and it is mostly heavy to full status. Lower and mid zones are packed with players.
  • moguy2moguy2 Saint Peters, MOPosts: 337Member

It will  take a smidge of time before the f2p rush ends. You are now getting , FOR FREE, alot less than you did with p2p and it still is bad . Can ya imagine? Rushing to play a game, you played before that sucked, and it has more limitations to make it suck more. /facepalm

• AhnogAhnog Keller, TXPosts: 231Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Karteli
    Originally posted by Sevenstar61

***Right now most of servers are very heavy or full in prime time as a new load of F2P players arrived. Plenty of people arround, was playing on Jedi Covenant for a bit on Hutta yesterday and it was packed.

*** The game has a healthy population when you consider that all 250 servers were consolidated into about 20.

I think that would be a more fair approach to the OP's question.  There are far fewer servers, but each one is populated (for now because of the initial F2P rush).

Before the F2P "rush", servers were pretty dead.  When the F2P rush wears off the servers will become dead again.

All thanks to EA knowing what MMORPG'ers want .. specifically they want more instanced PVP, PVE, and solo player minigames!  Way to go EA!

The servers were not dead before f2p launched. More hate.

Ahnog

Hokey religions are no replacement for a good blaster at your side.

• VarkingVarking Winston-Salem, NCPosts: 433Member
    During most night The Harbinger is very heavy or full. Complaints on the forums about login ques are back.
  • catlanacatlana Houston, TXPosts: 1,677Member
    Originally posted by Varking
    During most night The Harbinger is very heavy or full. Complaints on the forums about login ques are back.

*Sigh*, The Harbinger has always been a pretty busy server. People like moving to a full server for some reason.

• Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Centreville, VAPosts: 1,690Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by moguy2

It will  take a smidge of time before the f2p rush ends. You are now getting , FOR FREE, alot less than you did with p2p and it still is bad . Can ya imagine? Rushing to play a game, you played before that sucked, and it has more limitations to make it suck more. /facepalm

Servers before F2P had very healthy population. I could care less about F2p /shrug

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E