Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[General Article] World of Tanks: 8.1 Brings the Brits

BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

Wargaming.net recently deployed the latest update to its flagship title, World of Tanks. In v8.1, British tanks and a host of new effects into WoT. Find out why we think that 8.1 is another solid update for World of Tanks. Leave your thoughts in the comments when finished!

First off, the British are coming! Joining the battlefields is the Cromwell, Comet, Centurion, and Crusader. You also are getting the Black Prince and the Vickers. Overall, twenty-two British tanks will be rolling onto the field. This is a long-awaited update and one that many fans of the United Kingdom will enjoy. There is something very cool about seeing a whole country get represented in a game. When wargaming.net takes the step to add new tanks to the game, they definitely do it with style. More updates are in store for the British down the line, but for now, you have a whole arsenal to choose from with these new tanks. 

Read more of Garrett Fuller's World of Tanks: 8.1 Brings the Brits.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

Comments

• ReesRacerReesRacer Member UncommonPosts: 179

some of the British tanks are quite good. the 40mm POM POM gun available early on in the medium tree (for the light tanks) is very entertaining. the upper tier medium and heavies are a bit fragile (despite some spaced armour on a couple), but have lovely guns. 

the best value (fun-factor) is the tier VI Cromwell medium tank. after playing for more than 2 years, driving this tank is really some of the most fun to be had in the game, period. i can't imagine it won't get a nerf, but even so, it still promises to be a blast to play. 

the upcoming 8.2 (in public testing already) introduction of a proper Chinese tank tree is most certainly targeted at the huge demographic coming into the SEA server, as most of the models are simply variations of other nations' tanks. that is not to say there isn't some quality armour there, but most veteran players will find the tree a bit 'meh' overall if looking for something new and exciting to play. 

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

been having great fun with the brit tanks.. must admit im still only on the first churchill but that takes such a pounding, jsut really slow :(

Also loved playing with the valentine when it was fully upgraded :)

• apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
      Cant wait for the Chinese.. played the TierX on te pulbic test.   The damn thing is as manuveralbe as a medium.  A medium tank with a 130mm gun.  The Chinese pigeon hole seems to be speed and manuverablity..like the french but with more armor and less gun.  Seems...i only played the heavy tank..i would hope the medium is even more "medium" feeling  :)

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988
    Adding all the nations in the world doesn't fix the design flaw of MM.