Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Which MMORPGs do you have on your HD right now?

PWN_FACEPWN_FACE SeoulPosts: 670Member

I just picked up a bunch of games from Steam the Autumn Sale, so storage space has cropped up as an issues for me. In looking at my HD, I've had to make some hard decisions.

At present I have:

1. GW2: I can always pop in and play whenever I want to. I haven't played for a month or so.
  2. TSW: Lifetime sub, but the pvp is broken right now. I'm hoping they'll fix it sooner rather than later when there are not more pvpers left. I haven't played since the first weekend of patch 1.4.
  3. Rift: Most solid, "traditional" themepark on the market. Lots of new stuff to see in the Storm Legion expansion. I play for about 2-4 hours each day.

When Darkfall:  Unholy Wars comes out, hopefully 12-12-12, I will delete one of those three. It will probably be on my HD for a while as I'm very patient with games if I like the concept (see TSW) even if its fubar at the beginning. I love Darkfall's concept.

I just uninstalled Planetside 2 (I  have BF3 for fps shooters and I'm enjoying the hell out of Chivalry: Medieval Warfare -- never laughed so hard in pvp when getting my head or arm lopped off by a friend and getting him back later), even though I have 5000 station cash. I can always go back and check it out later.

What do you have on your HD right now?

Comments

• QuizzicalQuizzical Posts: 14,788Member Uncommon
    I don't have a hard drive in my computer.  They're too slow.
  • CecropiaCecropia Posts: 3,472Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Quizzical

LOL. You make me feel guilty that I have yet to ugrade my princess with an SSD. She's gone from riches to rags :)

The only mmo that remains on my ancient Hard Drive atm that isn't in beta, is the original Darkfall. Stopped playing it in the summer due to the incoming wipe, but I'll be back when DF:UW launches.

Sad, I used to regularly have 2 or 3 mmos on their at any given time.

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

• ShaikeShaike NesherPosts: 301Member Uncommon

off topic but still related to your response - will i even get an improvement if i add an SSD for games/etc, if my C:+D: drives are actually a 7200RPM HD devided, and win is on C: ?

Just my 2 cents...

• QuizzicalQuizzical Posts: 14,788Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Shaike

off topic but still related to your response - will i even get an improvement if i add an SSD for games/etc, if my C:+D: drives are actually a 7200RPM HD devided, and win is on C: ?

Anything that is loaded from the SSD will load much faster than if it were loaded from a hard drive.  For real programs that aren't simple enough to do whatever you ask almost instantly anyway, you'll probably see a major improvement in loading times.  Installing games on an SSD while leaving Windows on a hard drive will make the games load much faster, but Windows won't be any faster than you're used to.

• Ren128Ren128 BrisbanePosts: 68Member Uncommon

TSW

GW2

Rift: Storm Legion (currently playing that most)

DC Universe (F2P)

AO (inactive)

AoC

City of Heroes (F2P version)

Tera (sub lapsed)

Aion (F2P) - forgot about that

• David_LopanDavid_Lopan Madison, WIPosts: 811Member Uncommon

1. DDO - It has issues but I seem to see right through them, I have always enioyed this game. The altoholic in me can't get enough (Something like 32 characters total over 5 servers with 6 TR's).

2. Vanguard - I wish this game could have been polished on release. F2Trial has brought back a healthy pop and the Nostalgia really kicks in when playing this one, awesome game for the most part outside of the laggy starter Isle.

3. GW2 - It's the new WoW

• RidelynnRidelynn Fresno, CAPosts: 4,179Member Uncommon

Playing GW2 the most right now.

Checked out PS2, it's still installed, probably won't play it much though

SWTOR is installed. I let my kid play on it. My wife still plays it and has been subbed the entire time. She loves it.

EQ/EQ2/PS1/Van/DCUO are still installed, I keep them updated, I never really play. I played EQ1 for years and years, if I started it back up I'd probably play again, so I consciously don't.

WoW is still installed, I haven't played in a long time, I update it every few months just in case.

AoC is installed, I keep it updated periodically. Every now and then I pop in and remember how great the tutorial was.

LOTRO is installed, I keep it updated periodically. About once a year I'll sit down and start a new toon and play for a couple of weeks. I have a copy of DDO installed as well, but I could never really get into that one.

I have GW1 still installed - I keep meaning to go back and tie up some of these story lines I see kicking around in GW2.

I have Aion installed. I patch it up every now and again. Doubt I'll ever play it.
    Same goes for Rift (too much like WoW for me)
    Same goes for Eve. I had a lot of SP in Eve, but hated nullsec. I'm just not ruthless or vindictive enough for sandbox pvp.

I patch up Vindictus every now and again. I love the combat in that game. I have TERA installed as well, didn't like the combat nearly as well as Vindictus though, so it didn't last past the free month.

I played around with Wakfu for a while, it was cute. Same with Atlantica Online. Both are still installed. I would say that I have Glitch installed, because that game was utterly unique and refreshing - so I guess I can say that I have it bookmarked in fond memory. I didn't play it much though, I just liked how quirky it was. I still have a copy of Pandora Saga installed, it was fun for a couple of weeks.

I have FFXI and FFXIV installed. I haven't patched either in years. I kinda missed the FFXI boat and regretted it, and regretted buying FFXIV even more.

I have CO installed - think I was actually a lifetime member. I had thought it was going to be so much better than CoX. I was wrong. STO beta still installed - regretted even getting the free beta.

Still have my copies of SWG, CoX, and Tabula Rasa zipped up for nostalgia.

That hard drive is nothing but old MMO's

• CastillleCastillle KhobarPosts: 2,703Member Uncommon

Just Champions Online and GW2 for me.  Its the last 2 weeks of work so I havent played since november.

Edit : I bought 2x 2TB drives off newegg and I keep em in raid 0 o.o  Its on an external enclosure so its fine for me tbh.  I keep all my steam games there.

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• CaskioCaskio Abilene, TXPosts: 339Member

SWTOR

Age of Wushu

Planetside 2

"If you're going to act like a noob, I'll treat you like one." -Caskio

Adventurers wear fancy pants!!!

• miguksarammiguksaram Fort Meade, MDPosts: 826Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Ridelynn

Playing GW2 the most right now.

Checked out PS2, it's still installed, probably won't play it much though

SWTOR is installed. I let my kid play on it. My wife still plays it and has been subbed the entire time. She loves it.

EQ/EQ2/PS1/Van/DCUO are still installed, I keep them updated, I never really play. I played EQ1 for years and years, if I started it back up I'd probably play again, so I consciously don't.

WoW is still installed, I haven't played in a long time, I update it every few months just in case.

AoC is installed, I keep it updated periodically. Every now and then I pop in and remember how great the tutorial was.

LOTRO is installed, I keep it updated periodically. About once a year I'll sit down and start a new toon and play for a couple of weeks. I have a copy of DDO installed as well, but I could never really get into that one.

I have GW1 still installed - I keep meaning to go back and tie up some of these story lines I see kicking around in GW2.

I have Aion installed. I patch it up every now and again. Doubt I'll ever play it.
    Same goes for Rift (too much like WoW for me)
    Same goes for Eve. I had a lot of SP in Eve, but hated nullsec. I'm just not ruthless or vindictive enough for sandbox pvp.

I patch up Vindictus every now and again. I love the combat in that game. I have TERA installed as well, didn't like the combat nearly as well as Vindictus though, so it didn't last past the free month.

I played around with Wakfu for a while, it was cute. Same with Atlantica Online. Both are still installed. I would say that I have Glitch installed, because that game was utterly unique and refreshing - so I guess I can say that I have it bookmarked in fond memory. I didn't play it much though, I just liked how quirky it was. I still have a copy of Pandora Saga installed, it was fun for a couple of weeks.

I have FFXI and FFXIV installed. I haven't patched either in years. I kinda missed the FFXI boat and regretted it, and regretted buying FFXIV even more.

I have CO installed - think I was actually a lifetime member. I had thought it was going to be so much better than CoX. I was wrong. STO beta still installed - regretted even getting the free beta.

Still have my copies of SWG, CoX, and Tabula Rasa zipped up for nostalgia.

That hard drive is nothing but old MMO's

Haha that is like an exact copy of my Hard Drive where I store my old games which are not currently active (however the list is much longer once I include my non-mmorpgs).

• PivotelitePivotelite Hamilton, ONPosts: 2,167Member

1) TERA (still subscribed, main MMO)

2) WoW (unsubbed)

3)  Rift (unsubbed)

4) GW2 (playing extremely casually)

5) Raiderz (Downloaded because I heard it was good, I heard wrong)

I'll be adding Darkfall in December.

• MagiknightMagiknight McKinleyville, CAPosts: 782Member Common
    Rift and FFXIV
  • TorvalTorval Oregon CountryPosts: 7,223Member Uncommon

GW2 - It's my main mmo right now.  I'm in a great guild with people I've been playing with since GW1.

EQ2 - Still fun for me, but I mostly play solo or with guildies.  Everfrost is a great server and I have a great guild.

City of Steam - Technically not on my hd since it's a Unity browser game, but it will be my other main mmo along with GW2 once it releases.

STO - I play this mostly solo, but I love it for something different.  Cryptic has really done a lot with this game under PWE.

RaiderZ - Fun combat.

Torchlight II - I know it's not an mmo, but I love this game.  It's a blast.

GW1 - I still play this with my family.

RIFT - My sub doesn't expire until March.  I'm not deleting it until then since I'm paying for it.  I don't really play it much anymore, but it's sort of fun sometimes.

• VengeSunsoarVengeSunsoar Posts: 5,317Member Uncommon
    Istaria, Vanguard, WoW.  Currently playing Istaria. 

Quit worrying about other players in a game and just play.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Manchester, NHPosts: 2,933Member Uncommon
    WOW:Cata, SWTOR, GW2, LOTRO.  I'm not playing any of them though.  Age of Conan may be on as well.  
  • SisterSpiteSisterSpite WarsawPosts: 30Member Common

GW2

TERA - trial only

SWTOR - checking f2p

• someforumguysomeforumguy HomePosts: 3,542Member Uncommon
    I have apparently no problem with free space on my harddisk, because next to GW2 and GW1, I found 2 MMO's I haven't played for almost a year now. Which are EQ2 and Fallen Earth.
  • DraronDraron A town in, KYPosts: 993Member

FFXI and Guild Wars 1/2. Been playing XI pretty hardcore after XIV ended 1.0. Haven't played GW in weeks.

I'm usually one to keep my HDD pretty empty but I just installed Dark Souls/Legends of Grimrock/Scribblenauts Unlimited/The Walking Dead from the Steam sale.

• ArchidArchid NaarajPosts: 200Member

DDO -Went back after many years and been playing alot

Fallen Earth -I missed the sandboxy and fallout feel of the game, now and then visit the wasteland

Rift -Was excited about the expansion, have sub and all but other games like above are keeping me off

Guild Wars 2 -Visit the game sometimes, have only level 18 char

SWTOR -Went back for the f2p, played the starter area but havent check in back yet

STO -Kinda wanted to see how it has changed, tho some but couldnt keep me interested

EQ2 -Checked how my new comp can handle the game and the new soemote, meh

the best way to kill a troll is to FLAME ON! ...or with acid...

• cure01cure01 Sacramento, CAPosts: 283Member Uncommon

Aion

LOTRO

EQ2

EQ

V SOH

Wiz 101

FR

URU

DDO

WOW

and DCUO

And Im playing NONE of them.

Right now playinf Wing Commander Privateer and Freelancer.

• VengeSunsoarVengeSunsoar Posts: 5,317Member Uncommon

How is FE now. I've tired it twice:  At release and a half year or so ago.  Was fun but got tired of it both times just before I got out of sector 1. 

Any changes (other than f2p I mean)

Quit worrying about other players in a game and just play.

• SkuallSkuall UnknowPosts: 1,288Member Uncommon

wow , eq, eq2 , rift , swtor , coh , daoc  , ffxi , ffxiv , gw , gw2 , aion ,tera ,lotro,vanguard, runes of magic , L2 , DCuo ,B&S, dragon nest

• eye_meye_m Notta Chance, ABPosts: 3,133Member Uncommon

GW2.

I had to reformat after trying the TSW beta and have only played GW2 for mmo's since.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

• gordiflugordiflu BarcelonaPosts: 757Member

VG, CO, Rift, Tera, Firefall.

Playing... none. Just too lazy to uninstall and enough space for the storage.

Well, I would not uninstall Firefall... yet.

• PWN_FACEPWN_FACE SeoulPosts: 670Member
    Originally posted by Castillle

Just Champions Online and GW2 for me.  Its the last 2 weeks of work so I havent played since november.

Edit : I bought 2x 2TB drives off newegg and I keep em in raid 0 o.o  Its on an external enclosure so its fine for me tbh.  I keep all my steam games there.

Yeah, I need to look into something like this.