Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mass Effect 3 is awesome!

ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690
Just started playing ME 3 on my Wii U and wow I got more gaming satisfaction when playing ME 3 compared to any new mmo that came out this year. Love the meele combat! It is just a totally super awesome game.

Comments

• SisterSpiteSisterSpite Member UncommonPosts: 30

Just started? Just wait till you get to the end.

Actually if you are not so much into story, and just into melee combat and wii, then it probably won't bother you at all, so enjoy.

• MetsisMetsis Member Posts: 66

I don't get it why ME3 ending has such a bad rap... What did you expect? Shepard wrestling all of the Reapers in single combat???

Enjoy ME3. I did...

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690
    Still amazing but sadly my Tali is no more....
  • RyowulfRyowulf Member UncommonPosts: 664
    Originally posted by Metsis

I don't get it why ME3 ending has such a bad rap... What did you expect? Shepard wrestling all of the Reapers in single combat???

Enjoy ME3. I did...

Really you don't get what the problem was?

Here you go. Spoiler alert.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6M0Cf864P7E&feature=related

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690
    Originally posted by Ryowulf

Enjoy ME3. I did...

Possible spoiler here.  Finished the ending last night. It was amazing!

Link: http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/355/index/13414717

• EndDreamEndDream Member Posts: 1,152
    I loved every Mass Effect, the ending could have been better but I think people really over reacted. It still one of my favorite series.

Remember Old School Ultima Online

• dirk0707dirk0707 Member Posts: 4
    Originally posted by Normandy7

Enjoy ME3. I did...

Possible spoiler here.  Finished the ending last night. It was amazing!

Link: http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/355/index/13414717

Hmm.. i wanted to try the ME3. Can it run to my I3 Asus Laptop? It has only a 1 GB memory but it is in good condition.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by Metsis I don't get it why ME3 ending has such a bad rap... What did you expect? Shepard wrestling all of the Reapers in single combat??? Enjoy ME3. I did...

Ive seen the endings, There is nothing wrong with them. People just get bent out of shape because its not a "Happy ending".

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• VirgoThreeVirgoThree Member UncommonPosts: 1,198
    Originally posted by Nitth

Originally posted by Metsis I don't get it why ME3 ending has such a bad rap... What did you expect? Shepard wrestling all of the Reapers in single combat??? Enjoy ME3. I did...

Ive seen the endings, There is nothing wrong with them. People just get bent out of shape because its not a "Happy ending".

^^^ Definitely agree with this. 

As for ME3 I think I enjoyed it the most out of the series, althoug it's a hard decision. I loved ME2 a lot, but I felt more emotional impact during certain events in ME3 for myself personally. Overall though I love the ME series, but I would put ME1 as my least favorite of the three. I have a hard time going back to it after playing the other two.

• catlanacatlana Member Posts: 1,677
    Originally posted by EndDream
    I loved every Mass Effect, the ending could have been better but I think people really over reacted. It still one of my favorite series.

I loved the Mass Effect series as well. However, the original ending to Mass effect 3 was junk. The ending really brought in way too much "space magic" to fit the rest of the series.

• iceman00iceman00 Member Posts: 1,363

It all boils down to what you expected.

Casey Hudson stated quite clearly the game wouldn't be down to picking 3 options, and those 3 options essentially being the same except for a slight variation.  He also stated that the story he put together wouldn't be resolved through absurd "space magic."

We got an ending that really was the same except for re-used sprites, a lot of space magic, and probably the worst deus ex machina ever in a game.  The "extended edition" while it fixed a few glaring plot holes (such as the fate of the Normandy) did nothing to resolve the two things mentioned.

Personally I liked certain things more in ME3.  The action was a lot more fluid and responsive.  The choices, when you had to make them, were outstanding.

Yet I didn't like the fact that the game had little consequence no matter what way you chose.  Sure, there wsqas a great buildup between the quarian and the geth.  but what does it mean in the final act?  Absolutely nothing.

I didn't like the fact that my Shepard became more a "movie" experience, where you simply had to wait 5 minutes at a time before making choices.  They could've axed a lot of this dialogue.

Finally, I really really hated, absolutely hated the way the characters were developed.  I found myself unable to identify with any of the supporting cast this time around, nor really give a shit what happens to them.  they were all thrown in basically checking off a box.  Ashley went from being a morally complex layered character in the first game to a vapid bimbo in the third who might as well have had a secret outfit that was a thong and stilletos.  EDI was turned into a cyberwhore.

They thought that by stating a male character had "a husband" that this was somehow a powerful blow for tolerance.  Far better to explore the depths of that tolerance on the ship, such as in the first one where Pressley's blatant xenophobia has to mesh with Tali's obvious skill as an engineer.  All the characters in ME1 were well done.  ME2 had some hits and misses but some great hits.  ME3?  Clearly inferior.

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

Let us not forget that no matter WHAT we did, the world of ME3 was not changed.

For example:

I killed the Arachnid queen.  Why the hell are her spawn showing up and killing me in ME3?!?  Oh... cause somehow the baddies got their hands on another queen.

I left the queen live.  A couple of awesomely placed messages in ME2 from her stating she'd help me.  And yet in ME3, the damned arachnids were shooting at me.... again.

FFS, I made a choice and they dicked with the consequences... that kind of pisses me off.

• RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444

Have to agree. I didn't dislike the endings. They actually made sense to me before they released the extended cut DLC. Overall ME3 was everything I wanted it to be, and more.  Pretty happy right now about the prospect of a ME4, and a little worried.  Hope they don't pull a DA:O to DA2 change with it.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.