Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Comments

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

Eh... Can't say it is a very needed change but then again free stuff is always nice.

Come back when i get more medical probes instead. =P

Or my "complimentary" cartel coins.

Until then i am not spending a dime on the game.

This have been a good conversation

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Hmmm. More quick bars are good. I'm not using 100% of the two I have now, but I think other people will be happy. I think it would be a bazillion percent better if they just let all F2P players have 4 quick bars and allowed everyone to buy character slots.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• JKwervoJKwervo Member Posts: 126
    So technically its $5 for the UI since that'll kick people to preferred status. Got it.

EA isn't getting my money. It already fooled me once when bought the CE. Never again.

Eh... if you have the CE activated you are preferrd already...

Or did i completley missunderstand your post.

Yeah, lol. I meant that f2p in general should just get the 4 bart stuff and forget having another tiered player status. It just makes no sense. If the difference is only $5 from f2p to preferred.
    well some people once proved that a customer that can be conviced to spend a little money is a lot more likley to spend more down the road. So pretty much every company try to sucker people in with small or insignificant "entry level" hits to open them up to spend big bucks later.  =)

What swtor taught me is no matter how much you love an IP, it doesn't necessarily translate well into a genre you like. Therefore, expectations should be held superbly low.

Good thing I currently play a game I enjoy and have access to every aspect of said game for no sub. :)
  • Crazy_StickCrazy_Stick Member Posts: 1,059
    Originally posted by lucasdeis
    http://www.darthhater.com/articles/swtor-news/22477-preferred-status-players-receiving-two-additional

Listening to the fans? Pffft.... This is just proof EA  / Bioware really want to make money off the silly game they botcvhed.

• lucasdeislucasdeis Member Posts: 59
    for make money they need to listen the people
  • sevitothsevitoth Member UncommonPosts: 375

Get rid of the reduced xp for non-subscribers, then I'll come back.

Currently Playing: DAOC Uthgard

Previously Played: UO, DAOC, Shadowbane, AC2, SWG, Horizons, COX, WOW, EQ2, LOTRO, AOC, WAR, Vanguard, Rift, SWTOR, ESO, GW2.

• tiefighter25tiefighter25 Member Posts: 937

Well it's a step in the right direction. (Could have something to do with metrics they have been tracking since re-launch.)

The game is now closer to "Free To Play", assuming you either bought the box or ponied up $5.00. (Yes, I just said the game is free to play if you spent money.image)

• DeeweDeewe Member UncommonPosts: 1,980
    http://www.darthhater.com/articles/swtor-news/22477-preferred-status-players-receiving-two-additional

Awaken me when they roll back most of the class changes since 1.2 in PvP, especially the last ones making Trooper even worse than before and well the ones making the game feels more a Stun Wars...

• GruugGruug Member RarePosts: 1,789
    Originally posted by sevitoth

Get rid of the reduced xp for non-subscribers, then I'll come back.

^^^This^^^ is why I call f2p players "freeloaders". Not only do they want the free cheese, they want the sirlon steak as well...WITHOUT PAYING!

Let's party like it is 1863!

• TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423

Their original plan was to limit quickbars? 

What a joke.  These guys suck at monetizing their game.  You need to hook the players in and want them to spend money on content, not basic features like quickbars.

Atleast they were reasonable enough to change it.

• Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686

Proper link

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=562422

People coming back to game will have 4 bars. Good decision BioWareimage

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• ChickenshyteChickenshyte Member Posts: 6
    I can see SWOTR being a sucessful F2P game it was the right move. They have to much invested into the game to let it die and it still has so much potential. 
  • DSWBeefDSWBeef Member UncommonPosts: 789
    GIve all players hide head slot and take away the exp and quest reward limits and ill pay.

Playing: FFXIV, DnL, and World of Warships
    Waiting on: Ashes of Creation

• RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238

Oh yay, they're giving people back something they paid for in the first place. Surely the holiday spirit inspired this sudden show of generosity! Why, perhaps Riccitiello himself is in fact Old Saint Nick in disguise?

Sarcasm aside, I'd still consider playing again... IF they un-nerf operatives and make them useful for something other than healing again. Otherwise, they can kiss my ass.

Nah, I still wouldn't go back. Screw you EA.

Originally posted by DSWBeef
    GIve all players hide head slot and take away the exp and quest reward limits and ill pay.

Hide helmet is not needed it's a cometic thing. Quest reward thing is a issue but the XP is easy to get subbed or not especially compared to most MMOs.

Originally posted by Rednecksith

Oh yay, they're giving people back something they paid for in the first place. Surely the holiday spirit inspired this sudden show of generosity! Why, perhaps Riccitiello himself is in fact Old Saint Nick in disguise?

Sarcasm aside, I'd still consider playing again... IF they un-nerf operatives and make them useful for something other than healing again. Otherwise, they can kiss my ass.

Nah, I still wouldn't go back. Screw you EA.

Just play another class and stop being butthurt about Operatives. Every MMO either buffss nor nerfs certain classes. I think that's your only problem with EA.

• DSWBeefDSWBeef Member UncommonPosts: 789
    Originally posted by Chickenshyte
    Originally posted by DSWBeef

Hide helmet is not needed it's a cometic thing. Quest reward thing is a issue but the XP is easy to get subbed or not especially compared to most MMOs.

Cosmetic yes but its a basic UI function for years. Adn the rediuced XP is an issue and im not subbing cause of it.

Playing: FFXIV, DnL, and World of Warships
    Waiting on: Ashes of Creation

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,898

Smart move.  Shows the fanboy defenders that they were defending something indefensible.

Now they have to fix the locked quest rewards and maybe I'll give the game a third chance.

I have no idea how bad the XP nerf feels as I didn't get that far.  But I'm guessing 25% can definitely get in the way if you skip a lot of mobs.

• mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770

If you call that listening then they are very selective listeners.

Really though, of course they are listening it is just a matter of what action they take makes them more money. Restricting UI and nobody is willing to pay for it? Then they give it away at a lower entry fee. What about the countless threads on the official forums with people being irate that they had to resub in order to receive Cartel Coins? Either selectively ignoring or not profitable to comply. Ok, it could be both.

• mrgrimrprmrgrimrpr Member Posts: 87

After finding out this news, I decided to give SWTOR one last try.

So, I  installed from my cd's, got all patched up, it got hung up on installing the patches.

Apparently I cannot install the game from the discs that I bought. Thats all it took for me to uninstall.

Do they really expect me to download 20 something gigabytes just to play? I bought the discs for a reason, because I want to save time. Unimpressive Bioware, I think i'll go play something else instead.