Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Proof that there is a beta?

2»

Comments

• MaejohlMaejohl Member UncommonPosts: 126

Amusing.

Dragon King (the guy who made the 'I'm in Beta' troll post referred to in the OP of this thread) is well known as being one of the bigger attention seekers on 'Forumfall' (ie the official Darkfall forums).  This is the guy who has posted several semi-naked pics of himself, plus his 'army id card' plus allowed some nekked pics of himself to get onto those very same forums.

Well done to him for garnering yet more attention - this time on MMORPG :)

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001

The only thing I say: The fact that there is an NDA still in place for a rehash of an old game, a bit more than two weeks from a supposed launch date (and almost a week from the first supposed launch date nonetheless), usually means that the game is not ready to launch yet.

It's only common sense. If you've got good stuff to show, you will show it. AV hopes people will buy/sub blind, again.

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556

There was a quick take down because it's a troll thread.

There IS a beta, but its an internal, very small scale beta. Not even all the mods are in it. There isn't going to be any kind of public beta before the launch. Why would there be? Not enough time to do anything.

Originally posted by tom_gore

The only thing I say: The fact that there is an NDA still in place for a rehash of an old game, a bit more than two weeks from a supposed launch date (and almost a week from the first supposed launch date nonetheless), usually means that the game is not ready to launch yet.

It's only common sense. If you've got good stuff to show, you will show it. AV hopes people will buy/sub blind, again.

Again? NDA dropped for Darkfall weeks before it launched.

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001
    Originally posted by DavisFlight
    Originally posted by tom_gore

Again? NDA dropped for Darkfall weeks before it launched.

My mistake, you're right. I remember I even got into beta and saw that DF wasn't ready either when it launched.

Don't get me wrong. I seriously want DF:UW to be a great game, I'm just worried. A lot.

• LachyFTWLachyFTW Member UncommonPosts: 181
    beta or not this game will fail, cant wait
  • lotapartylotaparty Member Posts: 514
    Originally posted by Hancakes
    Originally posted by Lacidious

Well, I would agree with your hasty assumption if that account was now banned.   But it's not.

My theory is PhilDragon inadvertently posted that in the public section.   It was taken down within seconds by mods, and no punishment given?  That screams mistake.

Banned for what,  its a simple case of Trolling. Why would a new beta tester post a impression video for other beta testers?

Also, Why not just post the image rather than trying to promote your guild?

not banned uptil now . 

• sanshi44sanshi44 Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    It wouldnt surprise me if they skil the beta for Unholy wars this time and do as mnuch testing internaly as they can because of what happened with thje original. Player who were in beta say the mercs who basicly spend the whole beta looking for exploits so they could gain an advantage when game came to relases whci hthey did and made it increadably one sided. So it would suprise me if they skip external beta to keep that from happening.
    Originally posted by LachyFTW
    beta or not this game will fail, cant wait

You want one of the only MMO devs making real MMOs to fail?

Well, people said the same thing about the first Darkfall and were wrong about that too, so, I'm ready to laugh a second time at the vapor trolls.

• gravesworngravesworn Member Posts: 324
    I dont want them to fail, for the mere fact that if it does, the AAA garbage will continue to spew forth garbage game afger garbage
  • SeronysSeronys Member UncommonPosts: 51
    This game will fail? thats what they told rocket, the creator of DayZ, last i checked he had over 1.3 million unique users logging onto his MOD (not even a real fucking game), and got a job to create a standalone version. GSO (<- learn that term you're going to hear it a lot in DF2.0).
  • AnnwynAnnwyn Member UncommonPosts: 2,854
    Originally posted by Seronys
    This game will fail? thats what they told rocket, the creator of DayZ, last i checked he had over 1.3 million unique users logging onto his MOD (not even a real fucking game), and got a job to create a standalone version. GSO (<- learn that term you're going to hear it a lot in DF2.0).

Geez, I wonder where all these users were back when DF1.0 launched.

I highly doubt DF2.0 will be the success you try to make it sound. Sure they might recuperate the money they've spent with the initial sub sales (and boxes if they sell boxes at launch to new players), but no way it's going to have a large and stable community.

Players left DF1.0 not because it's a niche game, but because of Aventurine's incompetence and lack of understanding of the sandbox genre, and last I checked, they're still the ones working on DF2.0.

But don't worry, I'm sure the Fun Hulks will be waiting for you again once you jump back into Agon.

• Deerhunter71Deerhunter71 Member Posts: 527
    Originally posted by MadnessRealm

I highly doubt DF2.0 will be the success you try to make it sound. Sure they might recuperate the money they've spent with the initial sub sales (and boxes if they sell boxes at launch to new players), but no way it's going to have a large and stable community.

Players left DF1.0 not because it's a niche game, but because of Aventurine's incompetence and lack of understanding of the sandbox genre, and last I checked, they're still the ones working on DF2.0.

But don't worry, I'm sure the Fun Hulks will be waiting for you again once you jump back into Agon.

Niche game yet so much better even with its bugs than any other thempark crap....

• AnnwynAnnwyn Member UncommonPosts: 2,854
    Originally posted by Deerhunter71
    Originally posted by MadnessRealm

Niche game yet so much better even with its bugs than any other thempark crap....

That's purely subjective. I'm pretty sure those 10 million WoW players are quite content with their "themepark crap". Not to say that I don't agree with you to some extent, as I quite love the FFA PvP full loot genre and dislike most themepark, but I wouldn't go so far as to call other genre crap because I don't like them.

• OnigodOnigod Member UncommonPosts: 756

Hahahaha:)

Believe me when i tell you theres not a beta, well there might be but deffinelty not the with Phildragon in it.

This guy is a troll within the game and its forums posting stuff like this to create a fuzz at all times.

This comes from a guy that played darkfall off and on since launch and played in Phildragons (Dragon King ingame) guild.