Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ripper X played DF and created the two most epic gameplay videos I've seen

2»

Comments

• Aragon100Aragon100 Member RarePosts: 2,686
    Originally posted by 123443211234

Originally posted by Aragon100

LOL poor Aragon falling for obvious trolling. 

It's wellknown that the Mercs cheated.

Wether this guy is accurate or not i dont know but what he says seems accurate to me.

Originally posted by SonnFere

Will be popping in TM irc to laugh this debate still rages on post-darkfall.

yeah do that, it will surely make them less of a cheaterguild.

Regardless of what they did or didn't do, you Aragon are the one posting troll threads and spouting unsubstantiated insults 2.5 years after they officially quit the game.  There is no proof of what may or may not have occurred in game years ago and for you to still be so angered is ridiculous.

Just to shed a little light on the situation for you I will tell you this one time how they got most of their money, and it wasn't from duping.  They had two primary sources of income early on:

Number one was exploiting (by this I mean perching, mount kicks etc..)  the shit out of the center dungeon and D mage spawns, also the baradron outside hintenfau for guaranteed key drops.  Uncontested farming of the best spawns in game = $$$$$  (a few groups did try to get in on it, but they were quickly killed and driven off to maintian the money machine)

Number two was merc work, primarily Hyperion's taxes, rare ores, and resources.  Hyperion had over 1500 players at one point and controlled 25+ bind stones.   They sucked at pvp and payed tons and tons and tons of their money to the mercs for a retainer, protection, and offensive ablity.

Yes I am sure they also had a hacker or two within their ranks likely in RN or Afghanistan when formed, NOT in TM(as all large guilds/alliances in DF did), HOWEVER it was not actively supported and when found out about that person would be removed.

Your former guildmate says otherwise. It's good that cheaters get their deserved negative reputation.

And isnt it funny that the Mercs left the game when others got just as well developed characters.

Ask any old Darkfall player and you will here the same story. 

• 123443211234123443211234 Member UncommonPosts: 244

Your former guildmate says otherwise. It's good that cheaters get their deserved negative reputation.

And isnt it funny that the Mercs left the game when others got just as well developed characters.

LOL ok dude foam at the mouth a little more over something that didn't happen 2.5 years ago.  FYI the reason I know its a troll is the guy that "left" and "changed" names to tattle NEVER ACTUALLY LEFT Galgorth is still in TM and are you kidding me believing an anonymous poster wtf.  Thats like me making a new account, saying I'm you and then going on to tell how you have hacked and cheated throughout w/e games you played.  You are trying to dig up old conspiracy theories and give them a ring of truth, sad sad little man.

P.S.  Just ask Sonn Fere who is posting in this thread how much of Anvil's and Hyperion's money and resources he took to TM when he defected.  There money wasn't always the "cleanest" but it was fairly legit earned according to the "rules" of the game.

• OziiusOziius Member UncommonPosts: 1,406
    I really want to like dark fall, but the combat always looks so shitty. I know this s the old version, but the videos I have seen of unholy wars still look iffy. I will probably give it a shot, cause I want it to be awesome..lol
  • CecropiaCecropia Member RarePosts: 3,985
    Originally posted by Praetalus
    I really want to like dark fall, but the combat always looks so shitty. I know this s the old version, but the videos I have seen of unholy wars still look iffy. I will probably give it a shot, cause I want it to be awesome..lol

I missed out on the original Darkfall's launch because of all of the videos I had watched (and some of the crap I was reading on here to be fair). Biiiiiggggggg mistake on my part. The videos didn't even come close to doing the game justice. I was shaking my head at myself 5 minutes after logging in. 

Let's just say I won't be making that mistake twice, for whatever it's worth.

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

• UzikUzik Member UncommonPosts: 281

Hilarious coming from the guy who stole his guild's bank and gave it to The Mercs so that they'd let him join.

I know that you have PTSD or something from friendly firing ur buddy in Iraq, but you need to accept that The Mercs used you for warhulk mods and were never the elite gaming community you hoped for.

I'd love for TM to come back for DFUW and get shit on just like they got shit on in DF beta and how they got shit on when they tried to come back after everyone was maxed.

(Uzik ibnYaraq in game. Always willing to help.)
    http://www.youtube.com/user/UzikAlJhamin

• DrauhkarDrauhkar Member UncommonPosts: 8
    Originally posted by Cecropia
    Originally posted by Praetalus

I missed out on the original Darkfall's launch because of all of the videos I had watched (and some of the crap I was reading on here to be fair). Biiiiiggggggg mistake on my part. The videos didn't even come close to doing the game justice. I was shaking my head at myself 5 minutes after logging in. 

Let's just say I won't be making that mistake twice, for whatever it's worth.

I also waited, based on the negativity on these forums. Once I started playing Darkfall, it became one of my all-time favorite games.

Definitely not going to miss out on the start of DF:UW

Very excited! :)

• Aragon100Aragon100 Member RarePosts: 2,686

LOL ok dude foam at the mouth a little more over something that didn't happen 2.5 years ago.  FYI the reason I know its a troll is the guy that "left" and "changed" names to tattle NEVER ACTUALLY LEFT Galgorth is still in TM and are you kidding me believing an anonymous poster wtf.  Thats like me making a new account, saying I'm you and then going on to tell how you have hacked and cheated throughout w/e games you played.  You are trying to dig up old conspiracy theories and give them a ring of truth, sad sad little man.

P.S.  Just ask Sonn Fere who is posting in this thread how much of Anvil's and Hyperion's money and resources he took to TM when he defected.  There money wasn't always the "cleanest" but it was fairly legit earned according to the "rules" of the game.

He can of course be an imposter.

I believe the guy claiming to be Galgorth as much as i believe in you claiming he is still in the guild. 

Since all know that the Mercs cheated i see no reason to see him as a lier.

And to me it's kinda interesting to get an insight in the depth of the Mercs cheating. 

• Deerhunter71Deerhunter71 Member Posts: 527
    Originally posted by Uzik

Hilarious coming from the guy who stole his guild's bank and gave it to The Mercs so that they'd let him join.

I know that you have PTSD or something from friendly firing ur buddy in Iraq, but you need to accept that The Mercs used you for warhulk mods and were never the elite gaming community you hoped for.

I'd love for TM to come back for DFUW and get shit on just like they got shit on in DF beta and how they got shit on when they tried to come back after everyone was maxed.

No doubt and hilarious how the only reason the Mercs were any good was they found all the exploits in beta and was proven they duped so much.....  How sad they had to cheat to be any good.....