Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn: Alpha Tester Acceptance Emails On the Way

2»

Comments

• gandlesgandles Member UncommonPosts: 84
    yes theres an nda, and no im not an active subscriber so i wont be taking part in the alpha but yes i will be playing arr when its released
  • beat_downbeat_down Member UncommonPosts: 46

I didn't have an active account, and I just got my invite.

I never have even set up a subscription. I only played it when it was free to play.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    So after two years, the game finally hits alpha?  This is probably the only game that has charged for pre alpha code.
  • JCBNJCBN Member UncommonPosts: 47

So, i am getting taunted, because i state the truth?

I am not even trying to troll, or to flame, or anything else to bad mouth beyond what the game allready deserves.

I am well aware it is being redone... great... what about all the money i used on the *original game?

They said ALOT of good things about the original game... promised alot of things, and launched the worst piece of crap ever.

You wont miss me? Ofcourse you wont, you dont know me. I am just honestly surprised anyone would fall for this... once more.

• kaludytkkaludytk Member UncommonPosts: 45
    Originally posted by Ozmodan
    So after two years, the game finally hits alpha?  This is probably the only game that has charged for pre alpha code.

[mod edit]

As for JCBN, you really should do some research because you clearly have no idea what you're talking about. All the money you spent on 1.0? you mean for the box cost? no worries because 2.0 is free to people who have bought the original game. You should also check out the letter from the producer videos, game play videos and various interviews done. So far, they are delivering on what they are promising. and if it matters, I alpha and beta tested 1.0 as well...I am well aware of what they said back then and how it is differing from now.

• RaveiceRaveice Member Posts: 22
    Originally posted by JCBN

I am not even trying to troll, or to flame, or anything else to bad mouth beyond what the game allready deserves.

I am well aware it is being redone... great... what about all the money i used on the *original game?

They said ALOT of good things about the original game... promised alot of things, and launched the worst piece of crap ever.

You wont miss me? Ofcourse you wont, you dont know me. I am just honestly surprised anyone would fall for this... once more.

I have been playing 1.0 alpha test so one yes it wasent perfect jewel game i agree with you there, but a jewel you can always polish better right?.

I been played untill now waiting for 2.0 and its been amezing development or progress most people who played it untill the break agreeing with me..

I have seen progress of working how to they improved the game play more and more from beeing totally unplayable to playable game.. 

To be honestly they tryed to make something very unqie witch they did but it wasent well done, it just could only be better game had potientional and square enix or the new team refused to throw this game away...

Content 1.0 first release wasen't great but it wasen't terrible beacuse there is plenty of mmo who barely getting released at all or atlest dosent last longer then 1 or 2 month.

Lunch is always critical moment when everyone basic playing it but 1 ,2 month later 60% has left game already.

Tera online is good exampel good game but lasted not long same there lack of content but an awsome gameplay.

So if you have test 1.0 why dont you try 2.0 see what they have done. 

FFXIV is old but 2.0 makes its a brand new game. Iwould atlest give it a try before judge it, and if it fails like you hope it do then don't bother play it. Or maybe you will enjoy it... you got atlest free trail before subscripe.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    Originally posted by JCBN

I dont' think anyone is taunting you but it seems that you are missing info.

As was mentioned, if you bought the original game then this new version is also yours, no additional cost other than the sub fee.

And, if you were subscribing for a few months before it went down you will get a lower rate. Founders rate or some such thing.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • SilokSilok Member UncommonPosts: 732
    Originally posted by Ozmodan

You should do some research before writing things like this...

• zevni78zevni78 Member UncommonPosts: 1,146

No one hated FFXIV 1.0 more than I did, it was the worst video game ever made in my opinion, but as a result I am fascinated by the scale of the disaster and by attempts to rectify it.

The more I research into Yoshida the more I am impressed by him. For a start, it was clear from that 1.0 was wrong on every level and needed a complete rebuild from the ground up, well that's what Yoshida announced he would do as soon as he had assessed the game he was now in charge of. There needed to be far more transparency and communication than Tanaka every gave us, Yoshida does live video diaries, giving away more pre-production info than I have ever seen from mmo devs. His humility and open mindedness is amazing, and he seems to be affecting other parts of Squarenix’s culture.

I just hope that they have learnt enough from other mmos done well to implement such features needed to make ARR competitive in time for launch or soon after.

And I hope that people realise he is not responsible for the travesty of FFXIV 1.0, and give his work a chance.

Originally posted by beat_down

I never have even set up a subscription. I only played it when it was free to play.

i smell bs my friend

• zevni78zevni78 Member UncommonPosts: 1,146
    Originally posted by gandles
    Originally posted by beat_down

i smell bs my friend

They may be going by random draw from those that applied (it was a rather involved form) I never subbed either, just played my 1st month and during the welcome back campaign. I think you get in if you have an account, not an "active" as in currently subbed one; besides, no one is subbed right now technically.

ah , that would be nice than, being that im eager to play this to see the outcome of thier hard work