Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: Reddit Event NOW with Chris Whiteside

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Last week, Chris Whiteside published a blog article on the Guild Wars 2 site outlining the vision for the future of the game. Today (right NOW in fact), Chris is on hand on Reddit to take questions from the community about that article and more! Head to Reddit to participate!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088

The blog is interesting, but I always find it so lame when devs throw meaningless numbers like these at us :

'... which introduced a new level 80 map, a brand new PvP map, over 400 new items and rewards,  as well as The Fractals of the Mists...'

Oh my! Over 400 new items and rewards! That is 100 more merchant trash items then the last update!

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    Originally posted by someforumguy

The blog is interesting, but I always find it so lame when devs throw numbers like these at us :

'... which introduced a new level 80 map, a brand new PvP map, over 400 new items and rewards,  as well as The Fractals of the Mists...'

Oh my! Over 400 new items and rewards! That is 100 more merchant trash items then the last update!

Lol, that is very true. Marketing lingo...

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

Marketing lingo , if I ever seen one. Plus he didnt state nothing. Only "we are thinking oh how to improve x" - In other words - we are clueles.

Also he simply didnt answer any of real concerning questions like class balance

• ZeroxinZeroxin Member UncommonPosts: 2,515
    Originally posted by Lobotomist

Marketing lingo , if I ever seen one. Plus he didnt state nothing. Only "we are thinking oh how to improve x" - In other words - we are clueles.

Also he simply didnt answer any of real concerning questions like class balance

I'd like to see what you'd be doing if you were in their position.

Also, they've already spoken about balance. They essentially said, "Be patient, Rome wasn't built in a day."

This is not a game.

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965
    Originally posted by Zeroxin

Also, they've already spoken about balance. They essentially said, "Be patient, Rome wasn't built in a day."

I would make blogs about our work in progress.

Like Diablo 3 had done. Discussing ideas and to very least giving some indication of what is being worked on.

Because honestly - just to give example : They promised 23 changes to ranger class in last patch. People were waiting for weeks in anticipation. When it finally came out, it turned out to be some minor number juggling adjustment and tooltip fixes.

Ranger players felt like Anet peed on their heads.

• orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956
    Originally posted by Lobotomist
    Originally posted by Zeroxin

I would make blogs about our work in progress.

Like Diablo 3 had done. Discussing ideas and to very least giving some indication of what is being worked on.

Because honestly - just to give example : They promised 23 changes to ranger class in last patch. People were waiting for weeks in anticipation. When it finally came out, it turned out to be some minor number juggling adjustment and tooltip fixes.

Ranger players felt like Anet peed on their heads.

hmm its called prioritizing- if you dont like it, use your awsome skills and apply to Anet and make them comments on their monday meetings- .......<.<  

right. i thought so.

newsflash- the unbalance issues are 50% on your game skills and how to play that specific profession.

this isnt Blizzard-dont expect nerfs or buffs after a month of patch releases. becouse of qq'in.

thank goodness!