It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
First experience: Had to wait 3 days as EU client was bugged. PEople said there was a way to hack the .ini file on the US steam DL to openthe EU serves...but you lose all after they fix EU. So they fix it 3 days later:
1) First foot patrol expereince: Die. You will start off dropped in after a story cut scene, SOME REASON they drop you in right at an enemy base and 1 shot dead. SO you start a SECOND TIME back at your base...the real game begins (the hek SONY?) - After that odd start, I am no surronded by fellow foot troops all AFK. That is right, 50 or so men just hanging out what looks to be the rainbowiest techno room ever. Even if the chicks are there, the chick models are super manly. They did not change the body models for women.... So ok, lets move, big airships everywhere and cmputer stations to spawn one...no...I just want to get feel for combat, so I press M for map. I notice I can auto hop right into combat...but, I prefer to feel out the controls on foot. Ill walk.
As soon as you walk it (long way to go) there are aparently no life players that rolled sniper just waiting for you to walk out of the base shields....that is right, they are balls deep in your territory somewhere in the mountains just sitting there waiting for noobs to walk out not in armor...wow. OK, avoid that and it is time to auto spawn into their territory..
2) Dead again, you are sniped. HMMMM sniper does seem to have an advantage, an OP Advantage, as well, natrually it is an open world map, and since it lacks boulders and trees and objects (or absolutely useless), you are open game to sniper, so that forced me to LEARN ARMOR!
3) Got in a truck...it has 2 GIANT guns...sadly, this is strange warfare of the future so SONY pissed on all the details like caliburs. I THINK I am shooting 50 round cals, but not sure. BF free to play even gets this right. This game feels to child star wars like "here is a gun, now shoot lasers!" and it doesnt matter whos better unless it is a death star.... So that felt uneventful, and I just ended up sitting there picking off a few lost souls on dirt bikes.... and a few hits on flying objects, but im to weak for a full kill, id have to reload my truck mounted gun 6 times to do anything really threatful SIGH.
4) So I go it on foot, but this time more organized. If I die, may as well die together right? So I random squad up to more guys AFK. The lag fest and what seems hak fest was way to apparent. Guys half buried in the ground terrain. Guys shooting through walls of nature. Guys blinking in and out of existence but landing hits on you. Full invisibility (I think that is a class trait). Just not fun. All that in close quarters or open world. NOthing had a "lets strategicly stay here and provide cover fire. IN FACT THAT IS KEY ELEMENT MISSING, NOTHING felt strategic. Just sort of CIRCUMSTANTIAL. Like, oh, your in the open on ahilll, well I have a dirt bike so in this case, I speed past you hop off and shoot you. Again, Squads in BF2 were x1000000 more strategic than this pile of mastadon dump.
5) I saw CB video of guys in organized tank columns etc. THAT MIGHT work if you and homies all have L33T pcs all on same super fast connection all in synch...but your adversary, and the F2P model doesnt leave that a big choice. It is more like, AFK party, or exploit party (LOTS OF GUYS hiding shooting each other, then reserecting each other to farm points. Technically it is illegal....HAHA good luck finding these guys hiding miles deep ina canyon)
6) ALLOT MISSING.. IT felt flat. Not exciting, not exhilerating. NOt fun. Just flat. I mean, with all the models to learn from, big hint on games like BF franchise, the direct open world strategic competitor, I am shocked they fail so much. ESPECIALLY after taking players money. And poor EU that got shafted for paying for garbage for 3 days.
7) I tryed approaching this game from an mechanical point of view, Armor style play. The big galaxy class ffighters await at base to air lift 12 slots worth of seats. They are patient and it shows tact...but sitting in front of 50 AFKers with 1 guy hoping in every 10 min....that is 12 seats x 10min = 120 min of sitting and waiting for a full bird to take off...so I left and hopped into a light fighter, an airborn bird with 3 seats, all gunners.... Die at base border, cant target a thing due to lag or horrid hit box structre, or the fact my GIANT 50+ calibur guns do 2% damage on a guy on a dirt bike....YEAH that feels real...REAL STUPID.
I am uninstalling. IT just fails on every bench mark. Close combat sucks. not at all like those epic flag wars in BF Free2pay. LArge map warefare fails, as auto spawn and armor and snipers fill the voids of MEHness. base capturing is not feeling fun or rewarding. The death rate (you die 2 shots on foot, you die when noob team spawns something on you, you die for breathing, you die for loading in, you die because oyu are alive) is to high, and reward of kills to low. Even you pwn someone, the feel of reward is small, like, you may as well be shooting a wall, because your kill really doesnt matter on the gran scale of things. So it is like a large open game of QWARP...just try and move and not die...even if your team is winning you know your lame ass was not the guy difusing things...it just is re-inventing a wheel that doesnt need reinventing. IT should have copied the wheel, and just put different color spokes in between to stand out. DERP!