Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GW2 - My parting words

Comments

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    I don't play Fallout 3 anymore. As a matter of fact, I barely put 5 hours into it. I would never ask for my money back, because I have something they call integrity.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• OmnifishOmnifish Member Posts: 616
    Originally posted by AlBQuirky

Originally posted by VendettaDFA

Originally posted by loeslein
    I think GW2 is a mediorce game but next time just say "Your economy sucks and I don't like gear progression." and leave it at that. They'll get the point a lot better.

And I think it's hilarious Anet is giving refunds for people who have prob played days and days worth of game time lol.

I pre-purchased for the head start as a loyal GW1 fan would have done and averaged 5-7 hours daily. I think that is more than adequate to make an informed decision on this game. I think you tldr'd the post but as said you are entitled to your opinion as I am to mine.
    What a load of crap! You are a thief. I hope you sleep well at night. Do you butcher the cow you received instead of the horse, throw a feast, and then ask for a refund? You make me sick.

I wouldn't go that far. I'd say it's more a case that the prepurchase angle created such a stink that they offered refunds as they were so confident in their own product they thought noone would take them up on it...

Really if you have a system like this someone will exploit it...

This looks like a job for....The Riviera Kid!

• CalerxesCalerxes Member UncommonPosts: 1,641
    So Arenanet offer refunds upto a certain timepoint and a game the OP was happy with changed, in his opinion, from what he was sold and to send a mesasage to the compnay that he did not like it he legally asked for a refund and got one and you are all disgusted and outraged? but at the same time many bemoan the loss of true MMO's, the honesty and integrity of game companies and shout to others "vote with your wallet" and the OP does exactly that and again there is outrage and disgust, really? 

This doom and gloom thread was brought to you by Chin Up™ the new ultra high caffeine soft drink for gamers who just need that boost of happiness after a long forum session.

• aWRAYaWRAY Member Posts: 84

Why is everyone getting so buttmad over this? Sure the guy got a couple hundred hours free of entertainment. But it was within his rights under warranty to ask for a refund. 

Anet allowed for this when writing their policy. 

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,125

So funny when people share angry letters they wrote to a company on a forum.

"I know the people who I wrote this giant letter too are not going to give me anything more than a generaic "we are sorry you hate our game" reply So instead I'll post it on the MMORPG.com forums where I'm sure it will create plenty of e-drama."

WellI hope you got enough attention over your letter, but most people don't care if you are going to stop playing a game, just man up and do it without the melodrama...simple.

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• Impulse47Impulse47 Member UncommonPosts: 159
    White knights, assemble!

Logic would dictate that none of you have ever pirated a game... Otherwise, do you know what that would make you?
  • SleepyfishSleepyfish Member Posts: 363
    Originally posted by aWRAY

Why is everyone getting so buttmad over this? Sure the guy got a couple hundred hours free of entertainment. But it was within his rights under warranty to ask for a refund. 

Anet allowed for this when writing their policy. 

I think because they like the changes and every refund shrinks the subs they can claim and creates a situation where they will most likely not ever come back.

Also I played the game for hundreds of hours to and the betas, but nothing in all of that time and the Dev journals said anything about adding gear grinding windows. The PVP was slowly degrading and becoming more spammy and less interesting, they had plenty of time to make meaningful changes to sPVP and WvWvW and they said they wanted GW2 to be an Esport, instead  they to a complete turn around, abandon pvp and go gear progression, I got my refund to and don't feel the least bit bad about it.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    I wonder how many people have gotten refunds.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,456

I pre-purchased for the head start as a loyal GW1 fan would have done and averaged 5-7 hours daily. I think that is more than adequate to make an informed decision on this game. I think you tldr'd the post but as said you are entitled to your opinion as I am to mine.

So you played GW2 since pre-purchase, and only now, 3 months later, you ask for a refund, supposedly got it, and create an account here specially to tell us?

Sorry if I smell something fishy, aka "posting to create negative reactions", if you see what I mean.

Anyway even if it's true, you got 3 months out of a game, you self admitedly played 5+ hours per day, and then you ask a refund... you, sir, are no better than those who pirate games. Actually, you may even be worse.

Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• DjildjameshDjildjamesh Member UncommonPosts: 406

I think GW2 is a mediorce game but next time just say "Your economy sucks and I don't like gear progression." and leave it at that. They'll get the point a lot better.

And I think it's hilarious Anet is giving refunds for people who have prob played days and days worth of game time lol.

What a load of crap! You are a thief. I hope you sleep well at night. Do you butcher the cow you received instead of the horse, throw a feast, and then ask for a refund? You make me sick.

This +1

Prob someone who asks for refunds in the cinema coz the movie sucked  ...

What is really funny to me is the roid rage some of you people are getting because other people DARED get a refund after getting screwed over with gear grind. Not to mention the crappy pvp.

I mean whats the real  issue here? I sense sour grapes because the gear grind progression community got what they wanted and it backfired.

• CalerxesCalerxes Member UncommonPosts: 1,641
    Originally posted by Djildjamesh

This +1

I guarantee if there was a big sign outside the movie theatre that said "if you are not satisfied with any of the films or conditions of our premises we will give you a refund" many of the posters in this thread would be first in the queue. He executed his rights as a customer of Arenanet because he perceived broken promises, he neither stole or freeloaded, he like the game upto the point of the Ascended/fractals patch.

This doom and gloom thread was brought to you by Chin Up™ the new ultra high caffeine soft drink for gamers who just need that boost of happiness after a long forum session.

Originally posted by Calerxes

This +1

I guarantee if there was a big sign outside the movie theatre that said "if you are not satisfied with any of the films or conditions of our premises we will give you a refund" many of the posters in this thread would be first in the queue. He executed his rights as a customer of Arenanet because he perceived broken promises, he neither stole or freeloaded, he like the game upto the point of the Ascended/fractals patch.

Damn right, you would be a fool not to try and get your money back from Batman Forever.

Or any of the Star Wars Prequels for that matter, sure there is a dedicated group of people who actually love and will violently defend those movies, but those peopel hate themselves and enjoy emotional pain.

• CharlizdCharlizd Member UncommonPosts: 923

Tbh i think this is sad, it is great that they honoured your refund but nobody forced you to buy the game, i would have personally said sorry bucko, no 1 held a gun to your head and told you to buy it suck it up, i mean seriously it is a one off payment and you could have just returned when you felt they got things more to your liking, i honestly hope they scrap every bit of your account so if/when you do return you have to start from scratch.  It is just like everyday life YOUR the one who makes the decisions on what you are gonna do, are you now gonna go and ask your Parents to refund your life because it is not Exactly as you wanted? to me this just sounds like a spoilt little rich kid who did not get what they wanted so they complained and complained untill they did.

I thin it sucks that people out there feel that everyone owes them something, seriously, if you make a wrond decision in life deal with it, learn from it, move on, but don't go whining and complaining to others to resolve an issue that was clearly your poor judgment to begin with.

Andrew "Charlizd" Phippen | Lead World Builder | The Saga of Lucimia MMORPG
  • BanquettoBanquetto Member UncommonPosts: 1,037

Whatever helps you guys feel superior. I only play with trolls in game, not on forums. Happy hunting   

Not saying this to feel superior, but because it's my honest opinion.

I agree with pretty much everything you said in your original post / email to ArenaNet.

But I still think you're basically a thief for claiming a refund after playing for hundreds of hours. In my opinion, you have fraudulently obtained that money.

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088
    Originally posted by Calerxes

This +1

Your logic is flawed.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,456
    Originally posted by Banquetto

But I still think you're basically a thief for claiming a refund after playing for hundreds of hours. In my opinion, you have fraudulently obtained that money.

Exactly, and that's why the analogy with the movie theater is nonsense.

A more accurate comparison would be "we refund tickets if you go out of the movie theater before the end of the first hour of the two hour movie". Then yes, the person obviously disliked the movie, and the refund could be "honest". But someone who watched a complete movie and then would ask for such a refund, just like someone who played a video game 5+ hours a day for 3 months, is not honest.

Would the same person have come and said "I bought the game two weeks ago, played quite a bit, but the game just doesn't grab me so I asked for a refund", I would have said "fair enough". But a person who plays 3+ months and then asks for a refund is nothing less than what has already been said several times in this thread, so I won't repeat it. Honesty is even more important when it's not forced on you.

Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• timtracktimtrack Member UncommonPosts: 541
    See you next week with a fresh copy :)
  • killion81killion81 Member UncommonPosts: 995
    Originally posted by The_Korrigan

A more accurate comparison would be "we refund tickets if you go out of the movie theater before the end of the first hour of the two hour movie". Then yes, the person obviously disliked the movie, and the refund could be "honest". But someone who watched a complete movie and then would ask for such a refund, just like someone who played a video game 5+ hours a day for 3 months, is not honest.

Would the same person have come and said "I bought the game two weeks ago, played quite a bit, but the game just doesn't grab me so I asked for a refund", I would have said "fair enough". But a person who plays 3+ months and then asks for a refund is nothing less than what has already been said several times in this thread, so I won't repeat it. Honesty is even more important when it's not forced on you.

In a subscription game, he probably would have just cancelled his sub.  It's a bit harder to show a company you're unhappy with your wallet when it's buy to play.  They really have little incentive to listen to you once you've given them your money.

• Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425

Jesus...

Only MMO players do this crazy stuff.

You really need to get over it, MMOs are not special you dont need to write out a report when you stop playing a video game.

You think when someone uninstalls Deus EX HR they write up a novella to the developer?

Playing: Nothing

Looking forward to: Nothing 

• HeroEvermoreHeroEvermore Member Posts: 672

Yeah i can't stand games with a worldwide economy. Makes it no fun for auction farmers and doesnt hold a true supply and demand on the server. Everything will just have to much of it or to little of it and never find a correct balance for the individual server. I once owned about 40% of Castle Lightwolf auction house on EQOA for the ps2. I spent 6 months of my gametime on dial up and it was about all i could do. Silly yes, but i loved my friends on the game and didn't want to play anything else. No one can achieve such feats with a world system.

I have not logged into GW2 for 2 weeks now.

I think it has the best PvE leveling experience ever made in mmorpgs. (except it has no class mastery type system for max levels to still gain strength.)

That said, I am now waiting for the next big thang. 600 hours on my warrior was enough for me to call it good. I met some great peeps though myself and we will have a ventrilo and keep in touch and play other games together while we wait for something to steal our breath away.

I'd like to think blade and soul will be my next glory game but i know it wil just be another 2 month binge as it also has this horrible worldwide auction house.

Hero Evermore
    Guild Master of Dragonspine since 1982.
    Playing Path of Exile and deeply in love with it.

• sanshi44sanshi44 Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    Originally posted by atuerstar

After hundreds of hours played you demanded a refund?

In all honesty - i am deeply disgusted at your attitude.

I have to agree here. If you played like 50 hours or so then fair enough but after that you got your money worth move on. I give props to Anet who was kind enough to give you a refund when you didnt deserve it since you alrerady gotten your money worth with your hundred of hours of gameplay.

• wowfan1996wowfan1996 Member UncommonPosts: 719

Asking for a refund is probably going too far but fanboys must realize the Lost Shores update was a sign of things to come and a huge disappointment for everyone who expected linear progression and invested their time into grinding for multiple gear sets.

And the whole you-will-not-be-missed attitude is self defeating. Nobody is ever personally missed in any game but games still die when enough people get fed up and quit.

MMORPG genre is dead. Long live MMOCS (Massively Multiplayer Online Cash Shop).

• wowfan1996wowfan1996 Member UncommonPosts: 719
    Originally posted by HeroEvermore

Yeah i can't stand games with a worldwide economy. Makes it no fun for auction farmers

Fun is subjective but if it's gold you're after, there's no problem with extracting gold from GW2 TP. 100-150 gold a week if you play casually.

MMORPG genre is dead. Long live MMOCS (Massively Multiplayer Online Cash Shop).

• MuntzMuntz Member UncommonPosts: 332
    Originally posted by killion81
    Originally posted by The_Korrigan

In a subscription game, he probably would have just cancelled his sub.  It's a bit harder to show a company you're unhappy with your wallet when it's buy to play.  They really have little incentive to listen to you once you've given them your money.

Not really, although I don't know their exact business plan I doubt it calls for a lot of one time customers. They want to sell expansions which requires loyal customers. Feedback, for any reasonable company, is listened to. Most businesses rely on repeat customers this is no different. 

This discussion has been closed.