(Warning: I don't know how to link pictures so that they're expandable and more conveinient to look at that way so please be tolerant... hehe)
If you followed the game, you probably know there were things called "activities" that would be available for players to play at launch. They would maybe come with a leaderboards or aesthetic prizes for winning or whatever, and were meant to be plain, idle, social fun for players to change up the pace of gameplay. The only one that did manage to get added so far is Keg Brawl with the temporary additions of "Reaper's Rumble" and "Lunatic Inquisition" during the Halloween event. There were 30 planned for launch, 5 in each capital city.
The following's a pre-launch interview about activities and things and such of that relative interest
Interviewer guy person dude: "Alright. Because I was thinking about, you brought up the bar brawl, for example Funcom had something like that planned for Age of Conan, and I'm not sure that made it in at launch. Is there any risk that something similar would happen to the activities? Or is it an integral part of the game experience in itself?"
And then John Stume came up like a wild Pokemans and he was all like: "These are getting built into the game itself, they will be there at launch. They are not something that we will tack on later, they are part of the cities."
Gotta has sources.
The underlined part's what I'm focusing on. Idk why or how they got delayed and I don't really care to think about it. The good part is that it's clear a lot of effort has gone into them already and it's highly unlikely that they won't be implemented in the future.
You can visually see the idle locaitons where these activities will be held in game, right now. This is the entire list of what I could physically find so far. I will update if and when I find more. And probably bump the thread too cause I'm that guy.
Please NOTE: I do NOT count certain things as activities, such as the Golem chess in Metrica province or the Diving Board in Lion's Arch. These are specific and active particapatory items inside capital cities that are unique to those capital cities alone, like initially stated.
Divinity's Reach: This one was rather conveinent. If you talk to the Carnival Workers, they will point you to the different activities with the exception of the Smash Em Up which is a big obvious tent cause obvious tent is obvious. Duh.
- The Busted Flagon: It's the point of interest between "Western Commons" and "Plaza of Dwayna" on the map. If this is the bar brawl mentioned in interviews, supposedly this will be a perpetual activity where players can jump in and out as they please to fight in an epic bar brawl. However, when you talk to "Ingolf Roadson", the norn inside, he mentions "Toss The Axe" which could be the actual activity instead. Description: "Y'know, everyone gets in a circle and tosses an axe to the right. Or is it left? Anyway, you get hit, you take a drink. All I remember from my last game was that the little sylvari who won. She had quite an arm." He explains only reason they're not doing it is because his brother "Uwe" isn't there yet. "He should of been here ages ago." Note: the Carnival Worker who sends you to this place refers to it as a bar brawl. On the support beam there are 4 signs (which look to be standard bar signs instead of specific to this one building) that read in New Krytan:
- IF YOU ARE STILL STANDING YOU NEED MORE DWARVEN ALE
- DONT DRINK AND QUEST
- PLEASE DRINK RESPONSIBLY
- EVERYONE STOP SHOUTING
- Haidryn's Menagerie: It's the Point of Interest by Plaza of Melandru, by the vista. For now, it's just a bunch of animals in cages. Like a "Golden Moa" and the "Cavern Scutter". Description: "Welcome to Haidryn's Menagerie. Haidryn is out on an expedition right now, but I'd be happy to show you around." I don't know what might happen if and when this is active, but there's a beautiful area right next to it which the Animals might be allowed to roam under supervision and has a beautiful fountain with a statue and an interactable tree that reads: "Two names have been carved into the tree together: Mikal and Evkina."
- Uzolan's Mechanical Orchestra: I think it's supposed to work like a jukebox maybe, or some sort of collaborative instrument where you can make songs with other players for the rest of the area to hear. I can't find any worthy description, just keep getting reminded that this is all paid for and organized by Minister Caudecus.
- Carnival "Thump-Em Ups": <--The title of the game is what is written on the sign in New Krytan. The Carnival Worker standing there only has a little bit to say. "Welcome. I guess you're wondering what's going on witht he big tent here? Well, when Thump-Em-Ups is ready to open, people will really have something to talk about." I don't really know what a thump em up is, but I assume it's just some sort of brawling arena for people that wanna wrestle and stuffs? lol, idk.
- Mina's Target Shootout: Description: "Three participants enter, each one with one of our custom bows. Hit the moving targets to earn points. Whoever has the most points at the end of each round wins." To get here, travel down Dwayna's Road from the main entrance and turn left at the District Promenade. It's easily reachable by using the "Commons Waypoint".
- Circus Charricus: Some sort of steam powered car racing described with "Lightning speed, deafening roar, dizzying rush of victory and metallic crush of defeat." with those giant vehicles built by the Charr. Speak to Harran Ashtar in the War Wagon Prep Deck, by the road. The reason for delay: "Closed Arena... no spectators." Seriously, Charr car racing arena ftw Vroom vroom
- Since Black Citadel is the second highest detailed racial city, I'll give it another thorough look through and talk to every NPC I can, but for now that is all I could find.
- I couldn't find anything. Will update if I do.
- Polymock: Clicky. If you go to Accountancy Waypoint, and then go east into the statics union, there's a opening to the outside that has an Asura Gate. It has a lone engineer named "Regg" who's perpetually hammering away at it. When you talk to him, he says "If you're attempting to get through this gate, it'll be a short trip to a long fall. It's not fully functional yet." So then you ask: When will it be up and running? He says: "Soon as I get the parts I need. Say, you don't happen to have an extra spacial discombobulator on hand, do you?" No, Regg. No I don't... ._. But you can... apprently reach it?... -shrug- CLICKIES EVERYWHRE.
- As of this moment, I have not fully explored Rata Sum searching for them but I will... soon as I feel like it.. and getchu' dem updates on da situation playa'.
- Keg Brawl: If you don't already know about Keg Brawl, shame on you and your whole family. After your shame, you should play it and then when you find out how magically fantastic it is, the only logical conclusion is to join my guild.
- Other than Keg Brawl, which is already in the game and working (Also got a couple updates too...) I haven't been able to find anymore activities.
- Moa Racing: Repeating for emphasis. Moa racing. You can see the setup in the eastern part of Lion's Arch with no real descriptions available but again, they're fasirly obvious. One of the moa's target descriptions says "Speed: Average. Special Ability: Screech" but the rest of the one's standing around that aren't racers just say Daze. There's a u-turn wooden ramp at the bottom of the track too which is interesting and it looks like there's still miners working on it or maybe they're just general LA builders. Idk, but chocobos excite me greatly...
- Mini Pet Battle Arena: You reach this from Bloodcoast Ward Waypoint, in the south part of Lion's Arch east of Fort Marriner. It's at Tenanera's Point of Interest. No one tells you why it's there or what's going on but it's pretty self explanatory and fairly obvious... So screenshots are due cause my Asura's sexier than yours.
That border look familiar to anyone else...?
I'll add more if and when I find them. If you find any that I missed, feel free to post about it and I'll update the OP. I want more people to know about these things so more people can be excited about these things because these things are awesome!