Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GW2 - My parting words

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    OP just makes you shake your head over how broken his ethics are yet doesn't see it. The GW2 community is better for his passing.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• VicodinTacoVicodinTaco Member UncommonPosts: 804
    Originally posted by VendettaDFA

Validly raised point on why I would ask for a refund after many hours of play?

I would have never requested a refund if the game had remained "as advertised". My refund request came within one week of the lost shores update. That was when ANET introduced a vertical gear grind and was no longer the game I bought. Regardless of my other complaints on the game, this reason alone was why I proceeded with a refund request. If ANET's return policy allows a refund for up to 6 months on this game when directly purchased from their site , I am within my warranty rights to request and receive a refund.

But like I said in my post earlier does the verticle gear grind even matter?

Allow me to quote myself...

"I don't see why people are up in arms about this gear progression thing because gear feels so USELESS anyways. I know the numbers mean something but everything from levels to stats just feel like they are not even needed.

Just get rid of the whole system and put a 5 second count down timer in place of the Health pool. If you don't have the mobs down by 5 seconds then you can use your health buff and get another 1.5 seconds. Get rid of all stats and just have costumes yay! This is what the system "feels" like."

I mean, there's gear progression from 1-80, who cares if they add another 8 tiers of equipment.  It always seems to be a wash in the end.  It's not like you're playing Dark Souls where every point you can scrape is going to help you along the way.   Another 1000 health does't mean crap when the game revolves around zerg spamming cooldowns that stun an enemy for 1.5 seconds.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

I would have never requested a refund if the game had remained "as advertised". My refund request came within one week of the lost shores update. That was when ANET introduced a vertical gear grind and was no longer the game I bought. Regardless of my other complaints on the game, this reason alone was why I proceeded with a refund request. If ANET's return policy allows a refund for up to 6 months on this game when directly purchased from their site , I am within my warranty rights to request and receive a refund.

So WoW has done a 180 on it's mechanics, we should all go and get refunds? No, that is not how things work in an honest society.

Sorry if you don't see it, but you are not being honest.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] UncommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • VengeSunsoarVengeSunsoar Member EpicPosts: 6,601

Doesn't make a difference.  You still played the game for hundreds of hours.  You knew what it was like after a few hours, definately after dozens hours, more than enough after 100 hours and yet you continued to play.  I don't kow anything about court systems but occasionally have been required to attend courts for various reports and have seen some small claims courts for refunds and the judge stated that because you knew what it was about and you used it for a significant period of time knowing what the game was like there is no reasonable reason for a refund.

I would have said no.

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it is bad.
  • ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

I dont believe a word your saying!

But gold sellers own the game indeed big mistake by arenanet.

WvWvW 7DAYS TRANSFER is destroying whole PvPaspect of the game its huge problem.

Lost Shore and new armor stats +2 is indeed rediculous but i still play becouse i dont care about that the game is WAY TO GOOD for 60 bucks only that i rather keep playing this GREAT game that ask for refund or just stop playing. Crafting and tradehouse sucks but i still enjoy crafting.

On the other hand i dont spent one one penny in gemshop becouse of the many mistakes arenanet makes thats how i show them there mistakes.

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
    CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
    GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
    MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
    PSU:Corsair AX1200i

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904

<> The open world environment was stellar. <>

I'll stick a fork in it...I thought I was clear on the term but now I don't know what's being referred to as open world any longer these days...

think I can look at the whole refund thing from both sides.

• You got many hours of enjoyment out if it so the refund isn't justifiable, versus
    • it's supposed to be an MMORPG and should provide you with an x amount of hours/months/years of entertainment...if it fails to live up to your given x then the refund is justified.

• korent1991korent1991 Member UncommonPosts: 1,364
    Originally posted by Draron
    Originally posted by atuerstar

After hundreds of hours played you demanded a refund?

In all honesty - i am deeply disgusted at your attitude.

Feel the same way tbh. Especially when OP gives reccomendations for what he'd like to see in order to play the game again, but then takes away the funding to do it.

If you get any reasonable amount of hours into a game and ask for a refund for anything other than a technical problem, you should get flat out denied. A couple hundred hours in and you should get laughed at. You basically mooched there game.

Yep, +1..

It's like going to the store, buying a vacuum cleaner, you vacuum your house and you go back to the store and say - "I don't like it because it vacuums, I want a refund".

As for the highlighted part...

When you request a refund, they usually ban your credit card and your info is on the black list so you most likely won't be able to purchase the game again... Unless someone buys it for you?

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
    -------------------------------

• austriacusaustriacus Member UncommonPosts: 618
    Originally posted by ForumPvP
    Originally posted by Fearum

Well you got about 350-420 hours for free then, good job. Your not paying a sub and they are making tons off the cash shop. You will not be missed.

Are you the type of guy that complains about food after you eat it to try and get a free meal?

That  chicken meal you have been eating 3 months now is actually made of cat meat and dog liver.

Curry does miracles.

I would complain,no matter how good the taste is.

Horrible analogy. What he was getting for 3 months was EXACTLY what he wanted and it changed.

People need to go in a MMO with the knowledge that they are gona change at some point and just accept it or stop  playing. But asking for a refund for 400 hours of exactly advertised gameplay? Disgusting.

• RyowulfRyowulf Member UncommonPosts: 664

Hey OP once you are finished playing Starcraft2, Serious Sam 3, and Borderlands 2 are you going to ask them for a refund too?

Anet was really nice for giving you your money back, but I have to wonder what type of person plays a game for a good many hours as you did apparently and then asks for a refund.

If it was after playing a few minutes or even a few hours, that's one thing.  However you seem to think an mmo needs to keep you entertained for forever and when it stops being fun you get your money back.

Don't you think there should be some cost for the time you did play?

Do you buy a new car drive it until you got 50k miles on it then ask for your money back?

Do you go out to eat and then a week later go back and asks for a refund?

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

Validly raised point on why I would ask for a refund after many hours of play? I would have never requested a refund if the game had remained "as advertised". My refund request came within one week of the lost shores update. That was when ANET introduced a vertical gear grind and was no longer the game I bought. Regardless of my other complaints on the game, this reason alone was why I proceeded with a refund request. If ANET's return policy allows a refund for up to 6 months on this game when directly purchased from their site , I am within my warranty rights to request and receive a refund.
    And yet you played the game "you bought as advertised" for how long? Does this new change forfeit the game you played before? Apparently so...

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• OnomasOnomas Member UncommonPosts: 1,147
    Originally posted by StoneRoses

I lol at consumers like you! Anything and everything to milk a penny.

I can't wait for work where I get to talk to folks like you where customers feel entitled to free service rather than being a paying customer.

Freeloaders and cheap skates!

But its ok for a company to nickle and dime the consumer? Promise things they cant and dont deliver? Its ok for them to gouge prices on the consumer?

I laugh at people that take it with a smile and expect thats how business is done. Seriously if a company doesnt live up to what they claim, then they should refund the consumer. SWTOR was a laughing stock and no refunds. So for me anything with Bioware or EA on it, I wont buy in the future unless they make drastic changes.

• lightingbirdlightingbird Member Posts: 103

I'm sure noone read that email.  At least not the whole thing.  Talk about overkill. 

Either way, I'm also double shocked.  Shocked at the nerve of someone asking for a refund fter playing the game for so long and the fact that they are actualyl giving one.  I've played so many mmo's to end game.  Most of which I realized were not fun but I got my money worth playing the game.  Just like buying a game in a store.

Odd people man.  I guess I owe some respect to Anet for at least trying to keep their paying customers happy.   Despite asknig for a refund in that situation being silly. 

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    Was your refund within the first 30 days??

• ReskaillevReskaillev Member CommonPosts: 157

Don't care....next!

The quality of this forum has degraded since I last was here.

"Isn't a raid plundering villages in WoW or something like that?" - Robert Desable

• aerinndisaerinndis Member Posts: 67

I wish they would stop giving people like you refunds. It's ludicrous, and I can't fathom why they are doing it. It's incredibly unethical to ask for a refund of a game you already put hundreds of hours into. That's more than worth the $60 you originally paid. THAT is way more dishonest than any overblown bait and switch concerns about "the game has changed!!" Ridiculous.

• rdrpappyrdrpappy Member Posts: 325
    It's been pretty quiet ingame but GW2 is paying people to play the game now?
  • veritas723veritas723 Member CommonPosts: 38

[mod edit]

entire letter can be boiled down to WoW  totally coloring your expectations for an MMO.    In effect, you became the most vile and lowly of mmorpgers... the loot treadmill, instant gratification [mod edit]

honestly.  no game...  ever ... is polished right out of the gate.   GW is never about gear.  if anything it's main claim has been costume/aesthetics progression as endgame.  

and it's beyond silly to get a refund on a game that's Buy2play.  i mean, you already spent the money, you can play, give it up... come back later.  give it a second thought,  sell the acct.  whatever.   

but ultimately,  i'm a firm believer in...if you're not happy don't play.   but the complaint was pretty petty.  and odd that they actually refunding the money.  

• ForumPvPForumPvP Member Posts: 871
    Originally posted by austriacus

Well you got about 350-420 hours for free then, good job. Your not paying a sub and they are making tons off the cash shop. You will not be missed.

Are you the type of guy that complains about food after you eat it to try and get a free meal?

That  chicken meal you have been eating 3 months now is actually made of cat meat and dog liver.

Curry does miracles.

Horrible analogy. What he was getting for 3 months was EXACTLY what he wanted and it changed.

People need to go in a MMO with the knowledge that they are gona change at some point and just accept it or stop  playing. But asking for a refund for 400 hours of exactly advertised gameplay? Disgusting.

That company cant pull those kind of changes in one day,they have been developing those most likely for year at least,but they have been marketing different product,they didnt tell to their customers  that these changes are going to happen.

Anet knew this precisely but their customers didnt have a clue.

They sold them lies and these people did not get what they excatly wanted,not even close.

Edit: If that guy was planning to play 10,000 hours,he wasted 400,depends how you look at it.

Let's internet

• VengeSunsoarVengeSunsoar Member EpicPosts: 6,601

Curry does miracles.

That company cant pull those kind of changes in one day,they have been developing those most likely for year at least,but they have been marketing different product,they didnt tell to their customers  that these changes are going to happen.

They sold them lies and these people did not get what they excatly wanted,not even close.

He played exactly as it was presented for hundreds of hours. 

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it is bad.
  • botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363

Curry does miracles.

Not really, Many people, on this site, have stated that the reason they don't like the game was it is not like GW1. A.Net never said it was going to be like GW1. Actually, if you really objectively (and I mean that - with no hate and fanboi filters on) read what A.Net said about GW2 and what they wanted in the game, yes they did leave out some things (they admitted that) but in general it is pretty close to what they said they would bring to the table. I am not reading anything into it other than what they exactly said. It is easy to take everything out of context or judge indescriminantly.

If the customers didn't have a clue, blame the customers not the company. That is why it is called doing research.

Now I will say there are parts of the game I think could have been done better. I also think some parts should be dropped. Overall, I do like the game and since it is B2P, I can come and go as I please. Nothing wrong with that.

• dzoni87dzoni87 Member Posts: 541
    And I think it's hilarious Anet is giving refunds for people who have prob played days and days worth of game time lol.

As much as i hate Arena.net's new attitude toward the game, asking them for a refund would make me no different than them. I got around 700 hours of gameplay, all of dungeons completed, around of 80% of map explored and i was about to buy cultural armor (which i may do at some point when i wont have anything smarter to do than play GW2). Was a good deal for price from the Video Game product perspective.

Hell, i may even return one day when they decide to go back to their roots (unless they shut down servers, which again is hard to happen anytime soon).

Main MMO at the moment: Guild Wars 2
    Waiting for: Pathfinder Online

• HopfrogHopfrog Member Posts: 90

After leveling to max and playing for a couple of weeks, GW2 turned out not to be the game for me. I would never even think of asking for a refund because it didn't completely live up to my expectations. I haven't found a game that does.

I suppose you could make a case that they didn't deliver what you thought you paid for, but as a fellow player I think they pretty much delivered exactly what they said they would. I think if anything this thread illustrates what a great company Anet is for giving refunds and ffs....... I wish people wouldn't abuse this. If these generous refund policies are abused then they will go away and won't be there when people really need them.

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912
    *blinks* Sorry, I am not trolling but... can you say that again in fewer words? I really didn't get what this was about? You quit and wanted a refund, why exactly??

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• lqw6843128lqw6843128 Member UncommonPosts: 40
    Originally posted by Ryowulf

Hey OP once you are finished playing Starcraft2, Serious Sam 3, and Borderlands 2 are you going to ask them for a refund too?

Anet was really nice for giving you your money back, but I have to wonder what type of person plays a game for a good many hours as you did apparently and then asks for a refund.

If it was after playing a few minutes or even a few hours, that's one thing.  However you seem to think an mmo needs to keep you entertained for forever and when it stops being fun you get your money back.

Don't you think there should be some cost for the time you did play?

Do you buy a new car drive it until you got 50k miles on it then ask for your money back?

Do you go out to eat and then a week later go back and asks for a refund?

Totally agree!

This discussion has been closed.