Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn: Alpha Tester Acceptance Emails On the Way

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Square Enix has announced that alpha tester acceptance emails for Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn have been sent out. Players not yet receiving theirs are urged to hang tight as more players will be added over time.

Find out more about the alpha phase of development and/or get signed up on the official Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• DraronDraron Member Posts: 993
    I'll be checking my email every hour today. 
  • XerenixXerenix Member UncommonPosts: 237
    o/
  • Arcondo87Arcondo87 Member Posts: 94
    woudnt let my apply...kept giving me "the region is diffrent"
  • neoryudoneoryudo Member Posts: 15
    Thats because they have linked the EU one for NA try here http://entry.ffxiv.com/alpha/index_na.html
  • ZombiePhizZombiePhiz Member Posts: 9
    If anything the vid was epic
  • AceeedAceeed Member UncommonPosts: 17
    I'm in Alpha test, this evening i will try it :)

• zevni78zevni78 Member UncommonPosts: 1,146
    Fine, I am not able to confirm or deny I am in ;)
  • devilregimasdevilregimas Member Posts: 4
    Originally posted by ThaPlayah86
    I'm in Alpha test, this evening i will try it :)

with alpha not starting till 28th you might be dissapointed trying to log in unil then... so i think not

i wouldnt tell too many. if S.E earches and finds out your current, past ffxiv chars you may get banned for breaking NDA. yes, stating your in alpha breaks their NDA.

ofcourse it could be the waves of people spamming bullshit.... or the simple fact that you did not read the terms and conditions.....

that and my jealousy ^^

Originally posted by zevni78
    Fine, I am not able to confirm or deny I am in ;)

;) hehehhehehe. p.s nice sig ^^ DATA with the violin :)

• aslan132aslan132 Member UncommonPosts: 620

Im actually quite disappointed by this. The very first line of the Application Requirements:

- Must currently have an active FINAL FANTASY XIV account

This is terrible. I played in the original beta, and the game was such a disaster at launch, i knew better than to buy it or keep an active sub. Im sure theres many more people out there like me. I have been looking forward to this for a long time, but honestly im not willing to put down the money without giving it a try first. Square already has the support of the people that have an active sub. And if those people are willing to pay for the game in its current state, they would pay for anything. SE should be looking to expand the playerbase, theres no way they are happy with the number of people they have. And in an industry flooded with better games that cost less, if they are wanting to still charge a sub fee, they will have to do something amazing.

Maybe its just me, and my opinions, and im happy if it is. But theres no way in hell im paying for this game without testing it first, not after the last launch.

• JimmydeanJimmydean Member UncommonPosts: 1,290
    Originally posted by aslan132

Im actually quite disappointed by this. The very first line of the Application Requirements:

- Must currently have an active FINAL FANTASY XIV account

This is terrible. I played in the original beta, and the game was such a disaster at launch, i knew better than to buy it or keep an active sub. Im sure theres many more people out there like me. I have been looking forward to this for a long time, but honestly im not willing to put down the money without giving it a try first. Square already has the support of the people that have an active sub. And if those people are willing to pay for the game in its current state, they would pay for anything. SE should be looking to expand the playerbase, theres no way they are happy with the number of people they have. And in an industry flooded with better games that cost less, if they are wanting to still charge a sub fee, they will have to do something amazing.

Maybe its just me, and my opinions, and im happy if it is. But theres no way in hell im paying for this game without testing it first, not after the last launch.

First of all, there will be a free period for xiv 2.0 before the subscription kicks in. This will be your testing phase. Secondly, why would SE want people who gave up on them a long time ago participating in an Alpha test? Alpha tests aren't polished, aren't a good representation of the game that will be in 2.0, and definitely aren't good marketing tools. 

Also I was wondering, did it actually prevent you from registering? Not having an active FFXIV account that is. There is a lot of chatter accross the boards saying people who haven't played FFXIV since the first month have gotten in, while players who have stuck with it til the end (me) haven't gotten a second look.

• JCBNJCBN Member UncommonPosts: 47

How can anyone even fall for this crap again?

I was one of the unfortunate who played the original beta, and bought the friggin game... never ever have i been letdown by a game so much... worst gaming experience in my life.

What happened from there says it all.... and now they make an epic video (original intro vid was leet also), and expect ppl to buy their crap game once more?!

/idonteven

• lotapartylotaparty Member Posts: 514
    do i even care about this game  any longer? no, i dont 
  • JimmydeanJimmydean Member UncommonPosts: 1,290
    Originally posted by JCBN

I was one of the unfortunate who played the original beta, and bought the friggin game... never ever have i been letdown by a game so much... worst gaming experience in my life.

What happened from there says it all.... and now they make an epic video (original intro vid was leet also), and expect ppl to buy their crap game once more?!

/idonteven

We will miss you greatly. Ye who doesn't even read enough to know this is a completely re-worked game. From the engine up. It's a sad to to know you won't be fighting alongside us.

• GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    Originally posted by lotaparty

Do I even care about this game any longer? Yes, I do!  Go troll elsewhere..

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    Originally posted by Jimmydean

/idonteven

We will miss you greatly. Ye who doesn't even read enough to know this is a completely re-worked game. From the engine up. It's a sad to to know you won't be fighting alongside us.

What?! JCBN won't be playing?!  I guess I'm going to pass on this game then..

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• RimmersmanRimmersman Member Posts: 885
    Originally posted by lotaparty

But you care enough to post in this forum telling us that you no longer care, okay lol. I will look forward to testing and playing the game.

/idonteven

Having played original beta myself, i agree. it was a shambles.,.... However 2.0 is completely remade inus about 5%. Also the game ha sbeen really good since naoki joined the devs. the last 6 months of 1.0 have been completely different to original beta. let aone 2.0

like others say.. if you dont keep up with the info and changes then perhaps yuo are best avoiding game anyway

• VassagoMaelVassagoMael Member Posts: 555
    How do you alpha test a two year old game?

Free to play = content updates for the cash shop. Buy to play = content updates for the cash shop.
    Subscription = Actual content updates!

Originally posted by VassagoMael
    How do you alpha test a two year old game?

Its the new version, built from scratch, there will be a lot to test, more content than FFXIV 1.0 ever had.

• apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    Originally posted by GwapoJosh
    Originally posted by Jimmydean

/idonteven

What?! JCBN won't be playing?!  I guess I'm going to pass on this game then..

lol yall beat me to it

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001

/idonteven

ok, but you can at least acknowledge that the new version of the game is very different from what is released. Whether or not it's a success is another thing but it's very apparent that they have made a lot of changes.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    NDA on the alpha?
    Originally posted by Skuall
    NDA on the alpha?

I am not able to officially confirm or deny that there is a NDA, as I am under an NDA.

Though there's a rumor that Yoshida will personally kill you with a Moogle if you breath a word.