Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Xsyon: Prelude: Kickstarter Project Now Live

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The Xsyon team wants to put out a full version of the game with Xsyon: Apolcalypse. To do so, they need fans' help and have started a new Kickstarter project to help fund the development and to expand the development team. The project, announced last week, is now live.

Xsyon: Apocalypse will inhabit two separate worlds (servers).

On one server, players will develop a new world in relative peace without PvP combat.

On one server, players will be able to fight over resources, attack cities and conquer tribes with full loot PvP combat.

This will accommodate different play styles and attract both players that enjoy building new worlds and those that enjoy conquering them.

Check out the Xsyon: Apocalypse Kickstarter page for more information.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• gordiflugordiflu Member UncommonPosts: 757

If the game was worth it they would not need kickstarter to fund a game that has been already going on for a while, since prelude started.

I thought Kickstarter was meant to fund new projects not old failures.

• Ex0dUs101Ex0dUs101 Member UncommonPosts: 273

"When Xsyon is complete, players will be able to"

Deja vu...

• ThumbtackJThumbtackJ Member UncommonPosts: 669
    I saw purple bears. o.O
  • Nemesis7884Nemesis7884 Member UncommonPosts: 1,023
    these projects popp out like cockroaches...greed monger seems another one of these "you will be able to do everything you ever dreamed off, trust us" projects...ill wait and see
  • NiburuNiburu Member UncommonPosts: 402
    Originally posted by Nemesis7884
    these projects popp out like cockroaches...greed monger seems another one of these "you will be able to do everything you ever dreamed off, trust us" projects...ill wait and see

The difference is Xsyon has already the so called "prelude" state. Yo ucan download it and check out the trial and try to build something for 1 week until the trial server resets ( every monday).

The Dev's also explained why they need kickstarter to finish the features that has nothing to do with not beeing able to create a product but lack of developers. They created Xsyon with 5 people and it has more features than any non-scifi-sandbox out there already ingame.

The purple bears are animals that went into the green mist and mutated. They are stronger and skin for higher quality materials than normal bears. They even have zombies ingame that loot a random item of your corpse when you die and wear it.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

Like to know what a full version of this game would entail.  Currently it is like playing with a toolbox that has little purpose.   

Sandbox games like this, where anything goes just do not work.  When the developers figure that out, the game might be worthwhile IF they provide some kind of purpose to all of it.  

Personally I would be very hessitant to give them money, I was not impressed with their game design much.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by Niburu
    Originally posted by Nemesis7884

The difference is Xsyon has already the so called "prelude" state. Yo ucan download it and check out the trial and try to build something for 1 week until the trial server resets ( every monday).

The Dev's also explained why they need kickstarter to finish the features that has nothing to do with not beeing able to create a product but lack of developers. They created Xsyon with 5 people and it has more features than any non-scifi-sandbox out there already ingame.

In March 2010, "All features listed are at least 80% complete and will be in at release."  In April 2010 the game was... oh wait, that was moved out a month... and then to August 2010... and then a year to March 2011 and now in 2012 they want to run a Kickstarter campaign to get funding to finally finish a game that quite a few people not only pre-ordered years ago but have been paying a monthly fee for.

In two and a half years, have they really done anything other than adding a revenant and three wheelbarrows? What are they going to magically do in the next year that couldn't have been done in the past two and a half?

*eagerly awaits their 2014 IndieGoGo campaign*

More features than any non-scifi-sandbox was an interesting claim, btw. I promise I will never tell you about this little thing called UO. Shhh! image

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• elyssariaelyssaria Member UncommonPosts: 45
    I am not so sure that I like the "michael jackson" moonwalk style animations... Even if in alpha status they are really bad.
  • SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360

Since it started it got 5k dollars, so thats 5 days for 5k...

And they hope to get 250k in 35 days? 

*silent*

HAHAHAHAHA!

If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
  • GremrodGremrod Member UncommonPosts: 207
    All I have to say is "The Repopulation" has it right. Xsyon failed.
  • fatboy21007fatboy21007 Member Posts: 409
    the past 2 years, the entire Game was Re-written all games systems + a ton of new stuff was added, so for a tiny dev team redoing an entire game to make it up to par, thats a massive task, Lets see any of you make a game, then Re-Write it entierly to make it more improved and better.
  • gordiflugordiflu Member UncommonPosts: 757
    Originally posted by fatboy21007
    the past 2 years, the entire Game was Re-written all games systems + a ton of new stuff was added, so for a tiny dev team redoing an entire game to make it up to par, thats a massive task, Lets see any of you make a game, then Re-Write it entierly to make it more improved and better.

What they did the past 2 years is releasing an unfinished game and charging subscriptions for it. What they released was not properly tested and it was so broken that they had to rewrite it.

Now, several years after releasing an unfinished and broken game and accepting all the preorders and charging subs, they are asking for more money to actually finish it. Well, if it wasn't finished, why did they release it in the first place?