Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Darkfall Unholy Wars: User Interface Presentation

• ste2000ste2000 londonPosts: 4,777Member Uncommon

I just can't wait.

This time around it looks like AV have a winner

• StarIStarI Mount EverestPosts: 935Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Hancakes

Is it me or does UW look like its tailored for a Console?

"With the Darkfall's sequel launch later this year, Aventurine will have the opportunity to become a successful franchise. The Company also develops casual games for online and mobile use and is in the process of designing a cross-platform (online, console, mobile) social game code-named AV-1.0."

Yep, watching the vid that was my first impression as well.

Oh and yeah, I like UO style looting and would like to see it stay. Meaning it saddens me seeing DF go away from certain roots.

Surely for people who want instant loot, a script could be coded ingame - to avoid unfair advantages and requirement for scripting knowledge (and that is not just for looting but skills as well).

• MelgarothMelgaroth chiacj, GAPosts: 35Member

I understand people will miss the old looting system if indeed it actually IS gone.....we are jumping to conclusions here as none of us have played it yet I might add.

The old system was fun, I enjoyed it, but like some other people have said it did alienate a large portion of MMO players who are used to mainstream looting and did not help people enjoy the game.

Also, I laugh at the people who complain about lack of immersion in the "new" system or any tactical gameplay loss. I played from NA launch up until a few months ago and 90% of that time I had an auto looter for PVE. If you did ANY PvE you realized how painful it was to farm for hours and manually loot everything. Try to tell your wrist... "HEY!! This is so much more tactical WHY do you have to go all carpel tunnel on me brah??!?!?!"