Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

guns are too inaccurate

13»

Comments

• iNeokiiNeoki Member UncommonPosts: 353

That does clarify what you are saying better. That said, I will disagree but hopefully you find ways of enjoying the game aside from this. And I'm sure over time the outside spread of the reticule will improve with server-side hit detection. PS1 was plagued with hit detection for a LONG long time for some people in area's too far from servers. Usually I am the one plagued by it, myself living in Alaska quite a ways from the California servers.

Cheers

TwitchTV: iNeoki

• Even after being a part of this thread and looking for the exagerrated spread, I played for a few hours last night and didn't notice it. If I was standing still in my safe zone, aiming down the sight aimed at a wall firing 1 shot at a time there was no spread. Center of the crosshair everytime. While moving and holding down the trigger is at the other end of the spectrum. I would have to agree with this design decision because running and shooting accurately just doesn't happen.
  • TheodwulfTheodwulf Member UncommonPosts: 311

I haven't had a problem yet  and I am unlucky and an FPS noob..

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    The other thing is, if you keep missing earn your certs with a medic or engineer, you will level faster.
  • TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

VS guns aren't that bad, NC guns are terrible but TR guns are TOO accurate, you can snipe even with the heavy assault LMG.

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

Originally posted by ShakyMo
    The other thing is, if you keep missing earn your certs with a medic or engineer, you will level faster.
    I approve this response, I play medic & engineer and I get good xp/certs per hour. Getting kills isn't everything.

• cosycosy Member UncommonPosts: 3,228

OP press alt+f you will get FPS:XX then [GPU]or[CPU] if you get CPU that's your problem

BestSigEver :P

• BeackerBeacker Member UncommonPosts: 440
    Originally posted by bishbosh2

there is so much spread with pretty much every gun it ridiculous. encounters with enemy players pretty much always come down to RNG unless one person gets the jump on the other its completely ridiculous... 

dont get spread confused with recoil. recoil in the game is fine. the spread (random deviation from the crosshairs) is insane. even with bolt action sniper there is huge deviation with makes it difficult to do anything and you need to keep shooting till you get lucky.

i think they have done this to cater to noobs. noobs dont like getting pwned everytime because other players can aim/control recoil better...

this is a fps game and shooting is fking huge thing in fps games. get your shit fixed up SOE.  shooting in this game feels like im playing a regular tab target mmo where stats and RNG decides who wins... have a look bf3s or bfbc2s gunplay and try to model off that. 

Doesn't surprise me in the least. This is going to be another cash grab attempt by SOE. The game is going to go downhill fast. SOE just cares about making money and not putting out a stellar product for people to enjoy.

• Artair83Artair83 Member UncommonPosts: 48
    I didn't really read much past the first page as the thread's kinda getting long, but if you haven't tried the Forward Grip upgrade it really helps accuracy a lot.
  • ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Yeah that cuts the horizontal recoil. You still have to counter vertical recoil though.
  • karmathkarmath Member UncommonPosts: 904
    Use the iron sights (right click). I rarley miss a single bullet at short to medium range with any gun. The trick is to start shooting at the chest as the recoil will move up to the head in a few bullets. 
  • SanHorSanHor Member UncommonPosts: 336

I'll take a wild guess and say that OP plays as NC?

What most of you don't seem to know is that weapons across empires are different. VS weapons have almost zero spread and only vertical recoil regardless of the range, as opposed to NC weapons where both recoil and spread are all over the place for anything above 100m range.